Reviews for Hallows and Pathos
FreelanceBum chapter 3 . 6/19
Interviews aren't canon anyway, so not really AU.
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 6/19
This was excellent. Although the prologue is going to be hard to predict.
FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 6/19
I'm loving it so far.
xvector chapter 3 . 3/17
Amazingly horrific. Favorited.
Scabbers1957 chapter 3 . 3/2
Absolute Power, corrupts Absolutely.
wonderful Story.

:))
EryrGwyn chapter 1 . 2/10
I read this story on hpfanficarchive where it is deceptively labeled H/Hr. Please consider changing the tag on the story to be H/G so that other H/Hr fans aren't duped into reading a Hermione bashing canon pairing.

Ginny is amazingly malleable, so your very tender description of her is as believable as the potion slinging harpy that plagues H/Hr fanon. Ron also shows a thoughtfulness that is often overlooked by those who wish to bash him mercilessly. Kudos for making him a much more interesting character than is usually found in fanfics.

While your secondary characters are done very well, I take issue with your depictions of my favorite characters. Fortunately, all of my specious objections are overcome by the trope that their normal personality traits are overridden by the influence of the Hallows. You've managed to make JKR's ridiculous deus ex machina work very well as employed here.

Please consider changing the pairing tag on hpffa to more accurately reflect the nature of the story. While the quality of your writing is unimpeachable, many readers only wish to read fics featuring their preferred pairing. I've been reading since the folks at Gryffindor Tower (H/G shippers) started stalking and doxing Harmony shippers in 2001. While I'm certain your motives aren't as questionable as theirs, having a mislabeled story isn't doing anything to help the fandom heal from some very grievous wounds.
jesusfreak100percent chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
Wow, what an incredibly dark story. I just read a story that completely bashed Ron, so it was very nice to see him here. In fact, I think you've written all the characters well. Perhaps not exactly like the book versions, but they are older here and you portrayed them fairly. You explored a very difficult topic - I can't imagine living with that kind of crippling guilt. I know tears would come easily to me also.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/6/2014
Amazingly good story even if I wanted retribution.
definitelyinfinitely chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
This is a very good story.

Which is why I'm going to bother pointing out what could be done better:
1)The ending to the 1st chapter doesn't match with the beginning of the 2nd. You ended with "Ginny, his beloved, was terrified of him." and their next scene was a fluffy wedding. Very WTF, for me at least. Yes, you show what Ginny thought of the encounter later, but on first reading it jars and the flow is disturbed. It might be better if you left out the whole "Ginny is afraid of Harry" angle when it's resolved practically the next moment.

2)The ending isn't very clear - is Harry talking to the incorporeal or the revived Ron when he tells him to take care of Hermione? Again, the epilogue clears it up, but it's pretty confusing. And the whole avatar thing was awesome, but it went over my head. Where is Aekiel? Did he resign or something? And does the Master of Death get a free plus-spouse-and-child pass to Paradise? What happened to the Hallows - are they still on Earth or with Harry? That is a crucial point, because otherwise your epilogue falls flat on its face; how will she become re-obsessed if they don't exist anymore?

3)The whole thing felt rushed, but not unreadably so.

4)The epilogue was unnecessary; it takes away from the adrenaline built up by the duel with its somewhat cliched it-all-happens-again ending.

The awesome stuff:

1)Molly. She has no actual relevance to the plot but works great as a mood builder. Really good.

2)The duel was quite good, I think. Liked this line - "A hint of movement behind her drew a cone of blue light in that direction."

3)"Ginny always likes cobbler on her birthday." Neat symmetry there; in the beginning, Fred; and now, Ginny.
Little Miss Mionie chapter 3 . 4/20/2013
This was amazing, the ending took my breath away. A wonderful story.
Lewis The King chapter 3 . 4/16/2013
Giid, and very slightly heartbreaking.
Lewis The King chapter 2 . 4/16/2013
Nice chapter, through the duel could suffer a litttle more kength, other tha that, pretty good.
Lewis The King chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Nice chapter, I liked it.
readerboy7 chapter 3 . 4/6/2013
wow. impreesive story. since word of god isn't technically canon, this is merely epilogue non-compliant. i neer thought that thestral hair was a good wand core for the ultimate wand. impressive ending. not so sure about your epilogue.
puiwaihin chapter 3 . 4/4/2013
Very interesting story with the classic (rather than cliched) powerful artifacts affect their users trope. The only issue I have with the story is the ending and having the Hallows pass through the arch and leaving out explanation about what the impostor was.

Altogether top-notch.