Reviews for The Wind and the Rain
Nyna chapter 31 . 1/9
After I don't know how many very happy hours reading your story, I just had to leave a review. How could I not, this story is just amazing!
Ok, what did I love...: your portrayal of Charles first and foremost. You captured him SO WELL! I love how much depth you gave him, how you didn't 'conveniently' ignore his more pompous side, how you carefully made him open up to Nellie (and the others at the good old 4077). You didn't rush the change in him, making it very believable.
I also adore Nellie. I usually don't really go for OC-stories, but the way you wrote her, with all her little quirks and unsecurities, she just came alive in the best way!
I love the way you took your time in this story. It's never rushed, but also never too slow or 'dragged out'. It just moves along at such a perfect pace. I really enjoyed the way you wrote the dialogue, always in character. You nailed Klinger too, IMHO. He is just such a good guy, such a kind hearted goof! You pulled that off without turning him into a caricature.

Ok, very long review (for a very long story, so I'm allowed :)
I really hope you continue this, I can't wait to read about the 'meeting of the inlaws'. In any case: thanks so much for this fantastic story, please (pretty please) keep writing MASH-fics!
MASH lover chapter 31 . 11/11/2013
Please finish! This is so good!
Guest chapter 30 . 11/11/2013
To me, the dress looks like a wedding gown. It is very pretty which is saying a lot coming from the tomboy that I am.
Katie chapter 20 . 11/5/2013
Happy late birthday!
Katie chapter 31 . 11/4/2013
I am glad it's not done. This is a great story. Although I do have to say I love H/M stories this one is the best Charles story ever! Please finish or I will freak out! ;)
Nov. 4, 2013
Katie chapter 13 . 11/4/2013
I would rather have klinger do it then Nellie
Amymimi chapter 21 . 10/31/2013
This chapter really hit me hard. I found myself being teary-eyed at the end. Believe me, reading stories does NOT usually affect me in this way. I do for some reason, like a lot of angst in stories, and yours definitely has plenty.
Amymimi chapter 20 . 10/31/2013
Yay! They kissed! I loved it! I tend to write love scenes badly, but you really know what it takes to make it steamy and yet realistic. Darn Klinger and B.J.!
Amymimi chapter 19 . 10/31/2013
An excellent chapter. I always love scenes of a not-yet-couple sleeping next to each other. There's something so... intimate about it. I've been actually reciting the dialogue from this aloud, and it really is like a movie. I can't even call it a fanfiction, really-it's as real to me as watching it unfold in front of me.
Amymimi chapter 18 . 10/31/2013
I have been wanting to read through this entire story for a year now. And by God, I am doing it, one chapter at a time. I feel so terrible about not keeping up with reviews, but it would not do your wonderful story justice, forgetting chapters each time and having to remind myself of what happened in the previous chapter, so I am moving through each one from the beginning again. And wow, what an appreciation I have for your story. It's truly a masterpiece. Such attention to detail and characterization and a hell of a plotline, to boot. It's just swell...
Cali P chapter 27 . 9/18/2013
I loved this chapter so much. The going away party that the camp threw for Nellie was awesome, especially the part where Colonel Potter gave her his service medal. And I was happy to learn that her favorite movie was Rebecca, because I LOVE that movie. I've actually seen almost every version, but the Hitchcock one is my favorite. Mrs. Danvers is so creepy in that one! Oh, and the scene where Klinger was trying to talk to the cook was hilarious. And that last scene ... Yowza. That was sexy! But very touching and sweet and romantic, too. Why did Nellie have to get the feeling back in her leg right at THAT moment? lol
Cali P chapter 26 . 9/17/2013
Aww man! Just when Charles and Nellie have FINALLY become an official couple, she's being sent home? I guess it wouldn't make sense for her to stay in Korea, but still, it's so unfair. However, I still LOVED this chapter. Charles and Nellie are just so great together. I love their conversations, and their gentle teasing, and not least of all, their romantic chemistry. Wow. They may have taken a while to get together, but they're definitely making up for it now! Poor Danny. I really felt for him when he interrupted their private moment! lol
Cali P chapter 25 . 9/16/2013
YES YES YES! I'm so happy! This was such an amazing chapter! I'm so glad Danny's okay, although what he went through sounds awful. And as far as Charles is concerned, all is forgiven. Between the death of his little brother and being raised in that cold household, he must have had such a sad childhood. I'm so glad he finally told Nellie the truth. That was one of the sweetest admissions of love I've ever read. And every word was pure Charles. Though I still can't believe Nellie's leg is paralyzed, I'm just happy that she's all right, and that she and Charles are FINALLY together. I love this story!
Cali P chapter 24 . 9/15/2013
Oh wow. That was so intense. I was crying during that scene in the back of the ambulance. And then when Charles and Hawkeye were arguing about who was going to operate on Nellie, I was like, "Shut up already, the poor girl's dying, you idiots!" Thank goodness she's all right, and that her brother's okay too. I hope she gets the feeling back in her leg, though. And that Charles apologizes for being a bonehead! If he doesn't come clean about his feelings after all THIS, he doesn't deserve her.
Cali P chapter 23 . 9/15/2013
Oh God... I'm actually crying right now. I admit it. I can't believe the turn this story has taken! Poor, sweet Nellie! Hasn't she been through enough? And poor Charles, too. I mean, I'm still angry at him for lying to Nellie and pushing her away, but the fact that he's torturing himself, all because he just wants his parents' approval and never got it, is pretty heart-breaking. He'd better get over it, and come to Nellie's rescue!