Reviews for Legacy of the Gran Grimoire
l3loodKnight chapter 8 . 1/16/2014
This is the only story from FF Tactics Advanced that followed the games story I've found so far, its very good. Wish it would continue
kira09 chapter 8 . 11/2/2012
Sad that this story a left but great work none the less a true gem in the masses of glass
Ancel chapter 8 . 7/22/2011
I'm really enjoying your take on the story, and I hope that you'll continue it. It would be a sad day indeed to see this story consigned to the void of abandoned/unfinished tales...
C.F.Winchester. Finalage chapter 2 . 5/24/2011
Ahh, before I forget myself, I am here in this chapter...

"...Marché, himself, didn't mingle much, preferring to sit alone during class and for lunch, a dreadful culinary affair that appeared to have been dredged from the bottom of an army ration pack..."

May I first state that you are an artist? If there is one thing I can say, it is that you pay a grand amount of attention to detail. Subtle, ever so enthralling detail. It's been a long time since a story has manage to make me smile like this one has, with a secret awe. I almost cursed myself for having to look up the work "Baltic"...it disturbed the flow.

I suppose it's simply my culture getting in the way, but I noticed "centre",and "colour" jump at me. Not to harshly, but all the same, I remind myself when I see them that they are correct.

I can't remember the last time I had to look up a word. (Not that I expected myself to know that particular bit of British slang, but I distract...)It's refreshing. The way you phrase things, it's been so long since I've seen those words in use. Alabaster? The last time I saw that word was when I used it in a report years ago, and my teacher thought it was a typo!

Ahh...what can I say? You carve a beautiful path, and I fear to follow it. I will however, of course I will. I bow to you and your paintbrush dripping words.

~Finalage.
SaneFangirl chapter 4 . 4/13/2011
Wait a minute... Critters and such don't "undie" at the end of engagements? Wow... the whole place is like a giant Jagd...
SaneFangirl chapter 3 . 4/13/2011
Wow...This is amazing! The content is... so rich! I can't wait to see more clanmembers. I still have FFTA (my acronym) for the game, and I remember how fun it was to play and enjoy all of the characters. You have just earned yourself a faithful reader.
Spabble chapter 7 . 3/18/2011
Your style of writing describes everything, which is good and bad. Bad because I'm lazy and sometimes don't like reading three paragraphs before I meet some dialogue; good because it gives a very direct image of what's going on around the characters. Thumbs-up, I hope you update soon!
Ancel chapter 7 . 3/15/2011
Awesome story, very good style of writing as well. Am patiently waiting for more :)
Windle chapter 7 . 3/4/2011
The world you've crafted is a delight to read, the interactions between characters as interesting as they were in past chapters. I am curious though as to how far Marche's innate combat skills extend, especially when you brought up how he may attempt casting some magic. I can't help but wonder whether he'll have the same skills with other forms of weaponry as well.

On that topic, I recall Marche's lack of hesitation when wounding Ba'Gamnan. The lack of hesitation when striking out at an intelligent creature, would this also be a part of the skills he gained by coming to Ivalice? Does his combat persona override his morals for at least the duration of a fight? I guess I'll find out soon enough, can't wait to see what the next chapter holds!
So-joo chapter 6 . 1/5/2011
Hi. Just want to tell you that your fic is a blast to read and the way you describe the scenery is incredible. So incredible that I decided to make fan art out of it! ( /d36ghm3)

I hope you keep writing this fic :)
Chronos chapter 6 . 5/12/2010
Certainly the most interesting FFT story I've ever read. I hope you continue it.
AN56 chapter 6 . 3/10/2010
Once again nothing short of spectacular, I actually read this chapter awhile ago however neglected review due to my loss for words.

I can think of no criticisms at all. I absolutely love everything you've presented so far, the battle against the undead, Cerran and Marche's interactions, pretty much all of your writing is amazing.

Though I have a bit of skepticism how interesting Montblanc characterization in the future will be, I'm absolutely sure you'll prove me wrong.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 4 . 2/18/2010
Review for Chapter 4:

I thought you'd never update this! Wow! Once again your writing style continues to draw me in, giving the feel of a truly well-written novel that deserves to be on the shelves - even if the characters aren't yours.

The world-building is as well-written as ever, with both characters and scenery. I got a good feel for Sprohm and its denizens here - certainly more than I did in the game proper! - and I appreciate your characterisations. Krjn is proving to be rather interesting, her seriousness and rationality important traits, coupled with a hint of feralness. Ma'kenroh was certainly a believable wise sage archetype, and I like the bit about his forgetfulness as it makes him seem like a modern, absentminded professor as well; and Cerran is also looking to be an interesting character. I don't mind Monid's prickly attitude, as it expands the depth and diversity of the clan, and Montblanc is always a really lovable guy - just wish I could see more of him, though, since he becomes a very close friend to Marche.

On another note, the protagonist is undergoing good developments of his own. I could empathise with Marche's discomfort around the Seeq female - it's something he's not used to, and while many Seeqs are undoubtably very kind beings, his prejudices are highly subconscious and can't really be helped. That was also well-reflected in how he was able to relate better to Cerran as a Hume than with either Montblanc or Krjn. It gives him a certain sense of credibility as a character that he somewhat struggles with being too amiable towards non-humes - I'm sure he'll come around, though, given time.

In addition, you really emphasised a strong character trait of him - a firm dedication to doing the right thing. The scene with Prof. Auggie's assitant was well-written and credible, and the fact that Telrys was willing to pay a meagre sum that was everything he had is also realistic. Not only that, but it is a good driving force for Marche's compassion for others to come to the fore - he decided to take a very risky and probably taxing job not for a hefty sum of money, but as a simply act of kindness. It's traits like these that make him a likeable protagonist, even as he woul later emotionally hurt his friends in a bid to do what was RIGHT, not EASY.

Nice work with this - I look forward to the next installment.

gODSPEED!
Windle chapter 4 . 2/17/2010
I'm currently loving how your portraying the new clan members, and their relationships. I already have emotional investments in Krjn and Cerran moreso than in Montblanc and even a tiny bit in Ba'Gamnan.

Once again I have to say that I am amazed by the quality as well. I've said this before but I have to say this again, your fic easily surpasses some of the published fiction that I have read.

"this is an adventure, not a sappy romance"

I have to say I completely agree with you on this point. Your fic definitely feels like it would be better without the sappy romance. I'm more invested in the world you've shown us, than whatever prospective romance Marche can have with Ritz. not to mention I currently have more emotional investment in your original characters.

Odd for some reason it won't let me review your latest chapter.
Tallis-chan chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Ooh... sounds epic. I'm excited to read this.