Reviews for There’s No Place Like Home? Escape From Oz
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 4/13
My friend, this is a wonderful one-shot. Not only do you clean up things that JKR left hanging (this reminds me of 'When Harry met Hermione') but you point out the conceptual holes in her reality.

The biggest of course is that Voldemort was the problem and of course he never was. He was a symptom and the BWW society was the problem. That 'Nineteen years after', the good people are in charge and all is well is simply pollyannish in the extreme. No reason for the Malfoys to change, nor any of the Pureblood bigots.

You point all this out and well. The other hole is this idea that the BWW should have to depend on solving their problems for them. Neville, bless his heart, summed up that diseased attitude perfectly. Far better if they could have convince him to come teach at the AAMA.

The pairing hole goes without saying.

Anyway, I love this one-shot. Thanks!

TGM
Jacebralor chapter 1 . 2/9
You came well recommended and didn't disappoint. Thanks for the read, favorited
Riniko22 chapter 1 . 2/5
Well, I certainly thought Hermione was the one Harry was going to match up with for the longest time, it was quite shocking when Ginny was matched to him. She was always treating him the way he hated as a mythical hero for one of her books. And Ron was a horrible choice for Hermione, he was always running out, being a jealous plat, and just a rude eating machine. Yuck.
Eldersprig chapter 1 . 1/24
circular tables. many small circular tables where people could sit anywhere (except for feasts) would solve so many problems. 20 years and they can't come up with that? Feh.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Are these real deleted scenes I have to know because if the are J. K. Rowling needs her arse kicked. I'm mean seriously she had such a good paring, and she f****** through it away. They were so well suited for each other, and this may be just me but I'm not going to marry a girl that 1) likes me because I'm a celebrity and 2) looks like my dead mom's twin. So please let me know if this is real.
DarkLordHerobrine chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
This defiantly makes more sense than canon.
inScense09 chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Thank you for sharing! This was very well done! I'm finding it hard to believe that JK Rowling had this wonderful pairing that is H/Hr and didn't take a chance with them. But oh well that's why there's fanfiction lol.
willam and jack and jake chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
nice very well done
TheGrinningAnimal chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Seriously this is how it would have ended? Your not just yanking my chain are you? This would have been so much better, I mean hell this is literally my ultimate dream, living out my life on a remote island with the woman I intend to spend the rest of my life with. Being able to swim, surf, and see her smile.
meja9201 chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Hi again Mr chemprof.
Working my way through some of your shorter stuff. You always seem to capture the emotion of the characters so well. You also show how much in love they are without getting to smutty, which I like. Selfishly I hope you continue to write about Hermione and Harry and have more adventures planned for your readers.
Your fan.
Meja
Starfox5 chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Another good, well-thought out story. Much better and happier ending than the canon one too. The only thing that could make it even better would be a scene of Wizarding Britain reacting to the refusal, and their true toughts on their policies.
FuN FiFi chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
A sweet ending to a sweet fic! Good job! :-)
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Original drafts, huh? Very interesting. And very good I might add!
Hobbyfarmer chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Great story. This could have almost made book 6 and 7 bearable.
Sorasdream chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
This story was integrated very well, I'm glad Harry and Hermione decided to leave and find their own happiness. I do think that Harry would have been much happier in the canon version if he was able to get away for awhile after it was all over.

Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us.

Cheers