Reviews for Needle
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
That was lovely. I love how he did it for her, because he wanted to be with her, because he loves her.
IndieGoBoom chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I laughed. I cried. I laughed some more. Then I snorted/giggled/chocked.

Your style is magic. Humourous and sweet and realistic and awesome. Hello new favourite! I truly, really enjoyed this. I read it twice and laughed and smiled and wow. I adore this.
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Strange and sweet. It's rare to think of the physical consequences of being an uber mensch, but you do it very well here. I like the narrative voice you use- detached, yet very connected to Cloud's psyche. I like Vincent's participation. You could imagine his mind working, then rejecting a similar treatment plan. Well written.
drinktea chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Hey there, just wanted to tell you that I read your story and really liked it! Such a unique idea! And the Cloud/Vincent friendship and Cloud/Tifa relationship were great additions too. I'm glad he didn't soldier through it all alone.
Ladygreensleevesd chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
As someone who never really had much love for either Cloud or Tifa I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It's a great original idea and fantastically written. Not one word wasted and I really got a sense of Cloud's mental anguish and fear along with how strong and together Tifa is. The way you write their relationship is so real and tangible that I'm reassessing my view of the characters! I'd never imagine Tifa would swear but it just...fits, you know? And Vincent. Strong, stoic, silent Vincent. I loved him in this.
O'Ylia chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Brilliant, brilliant, _brilliant_. Absolutely beautifully written. The way you write Cloud forcing himself to move forward and face facts even though inside, he's freaking out like hell, is so wonderfully described. And Tifa, oh lord, strong, concerned Tifa. That moment when she senses she needs to ask him about what's going on - _oh_. To say nothing of Vincent and his gun. (So much love for him here. So much.) And I feel like shaking that doctor's hand. Really I do.

I love the way you write the descriptions of what he goes through, the procedures, his thoughts... everything. Nothing is superfluous and the story flows so smoothly from one scene to another - it's a pleasure to read such good storytelling.

By the end of the whole story, I felt so proud for Cloud, so so happy for the both of them because they've come through so much and now they're going to _thrive_. It's a wonderful feeling and I have you to thank for it. :) Again: Brilliant!
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
its nice to see a hopeful story. very well written. good job
Lana Ves chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
wow, that was really good. freaking epic fanfic! great job
Tani2 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
An excellent story. I myself am a physician, and I feel you really captured the fear a patient has with a treatment regimen like this one. It reminds me of a patient beginning chemotherapy or a transplant patient who must go on lifelong immunosuppressive drugs. Well done.
JesusRox7111 chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Aw, that was really interesting, and it had a cute ending :) You wrote it very well, and good job -
mom calling chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Lady Moom, I can't tell you how much I enjoy this story. I have read it over and over and it is always as good as the first time. I spent my whole working life in medicine, and this just rings true in every way, from Cloud's desperate fear to his determination to "fix things" for Tifa's sake...Vincent's quiet willingness to help, the Dr.'s understanding of his client's particular needs for space, privacy etc... Just a wonderful story. We never know what the fight is about, but we all know what it is REALLY about... How in the world did you come up the idea for this? It's a very clever, original, and different place, yet it perfectly fits my need to explore every bit of topography in FF7 world/culture... Please, more...(in ff7 land, it's all I know) thx mc
MakoRain chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
at first, i wasn't sure how to view this story. i love the beginning with tifa being able to speak her peace or at least hint to it with him leaving or becoming distant. when the doctor and medical speak came in, i'll admit my interest was peaked. i've never read a story from that angle before and it does work. i liked it overall. it was unique, good show _

*as it was meant to be*
Fabulist chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Very interesting story from start to finish. I really like the concept of Cloud getting detoxed, though of course I wonder about the long-term results of that. I'm glad he trusted Tifa to care for him... maybe when it's all over, he'll trust her to protect him, too, since he'll no longer be leagues stronger than she is.
accout compermised chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
this was a great story i actually want more! you total drew me into the story and made me feel like i was there. i had lots nastolgia from when i was afraid of needles. great job. a few grammer errors, word that should be other words but it's all cool i got the point
vLuna chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
That was really great and original. I loved it. Great job!