Reviews for Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness
Gunlord500 chapter 36 . 8/18/2014
Pretty busy ATM, just wanted to drop by and say I liked the chapter, especially the volcano refs XD
SylphWindDancer chapter 5 . 3/31/2013
Ahh, I love how well you describe your battles...and everything in general, really! The conversations all flow really well, too. Ranulf's sense of humor makes me laugh! Ranulllf! 3
SylphWindDancer chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
Wow, hello there! It has been so long since I've read this, but I was looking at the stories I had favorite, and guess which one popped up first? ;D

I look forward to reading through this again! This is one of the few Elincia/Ike pairings that I really do like. Pat yourself on the back, and I'll see ya in another review somewhere.

Sylph
Gunlord500 chapter 34 . 3/29/2013
I liked this chapter too, especially the dialogue between Isis and Royce, along with the last scene with the beast laguz. "Reality Check" indeed XD
Gunlord500 chapter 33 . 3/29/2013
All righty, time for some reviews I owe ya...these gotta be quick, cause I'm busy. Short summary of what I liked about this chapter: The scene with replacing the Meloran flag with the Cilean was moving, though it may just be me, I like scenes involving raising flags XD The end was also good, now I wanna hear Bryan's story too. :D
moonie44foreternity chapter 34 . 3/10/2013
WOOHOO!

Absolutely LOVED this so much!

Well done!
moonie44foreternity chapter 33 . 3/10/2013
AWESOME new chapter! Going to read the next one right away!
Guest chapter 32 . 2/26/2013
Wow! This is like an actual FE game!

Ive always been skeptical about new continent FE fanfics, but you and two others have changed that!

A very good plot, I like there being many OCs to get to know.
Missiletainn chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
I don't have much of an opinion on these two together, but you may or may not have changed my mind about that!

Also, the relationship between Elincia and Ike was pretty, well, romantic, now that I think about that last cutscene in Path of Radiance... For her and Geoffrey, though, he just seemed like a very devoted bodyguard. If the two did grow up together, it would be kind of strange if they were in a relationship, it would be like... dating your sibling. So, good call on that one. On another note, it's kind of extreme that Elincia would give up the throne for love. Really, she would choose Ike over all of her people? Still quite touching, though.

A new continent? Whoo, most people don't have the guts to do that, and I commend you for taking up the challenge! Also, this new OC Azura seems rather interesting. She's quite the badass, actually. Heh. It doesn't seem like she anywhere near being a Sue, so that's good!

This has taught me a thing or two about writing romance, too, so thank you!
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 2 . 12/24/2012
I found some time to move on. It's shaping up to be very interesting. It almost seems structured like a Fire Emblem game, what with all the fights, which makes sense considering it's a Fire Emblem fan fiction. I've never seen someone try to translate the material in the game into story form, if that makes sense, but I'd say you it quite well.

It seems Elincia is already adapting to her lack of royalty, and I think she's enjoying it. I admit I raised my eyebrows when she said "shut it" but it makes sense since she's been around soldiers for quite a while, and, like I said, she doesn't have to worry about things like protocol.

I also like your descriptions and word choices. The way you make the bandits talk sounds just like how they would, and I also like how you give detail to everything, right down to the stuff for sale. I try to do the same, although sometimes I don't elaborate just to balance things out. But still, this is quite good.

Well done, once again. And merry early Christmas; it's not that far away. :P
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I've seen this story appear in the list from time to time, among others of yours. I never really thought much since I'm not much of an Ike/Elincia shipper myself. But then I thought it might be interesting to see how you interpret events once RD ends.

I have to say it starts out interesting. I realize that there was some attraction in PoR between Ike and Elincia, and it does seem like what she and Geoffrey had would likely be platonic. I mean since they grew up together, it would surprise me that he would think of her as more than just a younger sister, even if they are a canon pairing.

Your new continent is also quite interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a story that featured a whole new world in the Tellius universe. I'm sure we'll see more of it, well I will anyway. Azura also seems interesting as well. I'm a person who likes OCs since the games only give us a small portion of the people in the world. I will say it's a bit early for me to make a judgment call on her, but I think she's quite interesting so far.

There are a few things I have as critique, though. First off, I don't know if Elincia would really give up her crown for love. I mean it's a touching nothing, but I do think that Elincia wouldn't just up and abandon it after all it cost her to take it. And while I do think she'd still have some self-doubt, I also think that she ended up with a little more self-confidence after Ludveck's rebellion. But this is your story, and your interpretation.

In terms of mechanics, this chapter could really benefit from some scene breaks. When the speaker and setting changes, I think it would really help if there were something like a line or a few stars even, it would make the transitions a little less confusing.

Aside from that, I think this is a promising start. A word of warning though, my reviews will probably be very few and far between. Trying to juggle school assignments and my own work doesn't leave me a lot of time to really read and review.
Gunlord500 chapter 32 . 9/18/2012
Well now, this was a long chapter. I don't have time for a long review, but I'll do my best...

"meanone thing."

Missing a space XD

Nice illustration of Owen's feelings for his son :D

Hmm...I think it's good you incorporated the mechanic of promoting in battle, but IMO the way you did it was a *wee* bit clumsy. A lengthier description of how the promotion actually occurred might make it seem more natural :D

Really awesome battle scene overall...this long chapter is worth it. I love how you portray the effects of staves and magic :D

Hahaha, AWESOME fight. It's late at night when I was reading this and I literally had to stop myself from shouting "F-K YEAH FALINE" XD XD XD

Skye's promotion is better off, though I'm confused in terms of game mechanics *how* he promoted. Master Crown or level-up? But your portrayal of the skill was awesome too :D

Ahh, the mark of the silver arrow...that explains it. :D

Haha, love the note about customs xD

Also, btw, nice recruitment scene :D

So yeah, overall I really liked this chapter. Fantastic, fantastic work. But as a note...at the end, you mention Lisa the Valkyrie? Man, there are a LOT of characters in this fic...that's not necessarily a bad thing, but be careful of adding too many. It might get difficult to juggle all of them. Trust me, I learned that lesson the hard way XD
moonie44foreternity chapter 32 . 9/16/2012
WOOHOO!

Absolutely LOVE this latest chapter!

Well done!
CookieDomo chapter 3 . 9/12/2012
You seriously have a talent for writing. I can't wait to read the whole thing! _
IkeXElincia ftw