Reviews for Gomer Goes to Vietnam
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 35 . 8/25/2014
Fairly good, but I can't envision LOU ANNE as a MAYBERRY housewife.
throwaway929 chapter 35 . 3/7/2014
I've read all your GOMER stories,and I have to say,they are all great! Have you ever considered writing more?
Homer chapter 35 . 2/5/2014
Wow, what a GREAT story, thank you so much for all the effort you put into it.
I can almost hear Gomer's, Duke's and Sgt Carter's voices thru the entire story.
Great job and keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 34 . 1/30/2014
When did Duke and Morgan get married?
Guest chapter 24 . 1/28/2014
Pretty sure there wasn't Rubik's cube back then
FutureMarine chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
was a really great Vietnam story.I plan on joining the USMC myself one day.I had an uncle in Nam... write some more gomer stories.
Guest chapter 35 . 8/20/2012
Monday, August 20, 2012-7:23 pm CST

Hiya.
I really loved this Fanfiction. It was very good. I've read once before. I never get tired of it. Please
write some more "Gomer Pyle, USMC" stories.

Sincerely,
Terry (Dallas, Texas)
Terry Marvin chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Monday, August 13, 2012-9:37 pm CST

Hello, Smartyjones,
I really loved this chapter. I believe you oughta write some "Gomer Pyle, USMC" stories.
I've read these Chapters before, sometime ago. The stories were beautiful.
chill13 chapter 33 . 11/22/2009
Don't take too much credit Carter. It wasn't because they were Marines, it wasn't because of their training. They are friends and friends help each other no matter what. Well, Gomer would have done it for anyone, but that's beside the point.

If something horrible like that happened to me (not that I would be in a war, mind you)I certainly wouldn't want to have to tell people about it over and over and have it plastered all over tv.

Gomer calls that a fight?

“That’s just fancy talk for the crowd, Gome. Hitting your head on a rock doesn’t sound half so pretty.” Love it!
chill13 chapter 32 . 11/21/2009
I can only imagine what she's going through! Just sitting and trying to hope would drive anyone crazy. It's good that she is keeping busy and helping.

Ooh, boy. I thought we saw the last of Sgt. Brooks. Aw. She made him cry! Didn't thing the nasty old guy had tear ducts. Shows what kindness can do.

I am not surprised for a moment that Duke is having PSD. that is an experience he'll never forget. But is wasn't his fault and he needs someone to tell him that. His talk with Gomer just about made me cry!

I remember that episode with the cigars! It's one of my favorites.

Yay! He's back! Now he can see his second baby be born.
chill13 chapter 31 . 10/6/2009
Man, I knew Hacker was a conniving jerk but I thought he kind of liked Gomer. You'd think he would be more sensitive than THAT.

Sgt. Carter isn't in this story all that much but every time he is you portray him perfectly. That scene in the Colonel's office...You know just how much he cares and that he is completely broken up but he still manages to try and put up a brave face.

Wow. Who would have ever thought that Lou Ann would make it all the way to Vietnam! Now...if only Gomer would wake up!
chill13 chapter 30 . 10/2/2009
Man, what an ordeal! I sprained my ankle once and I remember vividly how much it hurt to step on it. I can't imagine having to go so far on a BROKEN foot with not only my weight but another adult's. No wonder he was delirious by the time he reached camp.

Your writing is so descriptive I feel like I'm there. (not that that's exactly the place I'd like to be) But you really draw up the emotions.
chill13 chapter 29 . 10/2/2009
Oh my... What can I say to that? You've got me so worried my stomach is tied in knots. Believe me it's a sacrifice to stop and review instead of just going to the next chapter now!

Duke's in no shape to walk anywhere, they're in the middle of nowhere. And now Gomer... How are they going to get help?
chill13 chapter 28 . 10/2/2009
Don't be so eager Duke. 'Action' in war is not a fun thing.

Oh, no! I hope Duke's alright! And Gomer, going after him alone... Of course I knew he would. That's just the kind of friend he is. He'll find him. He's got to!
chill13 chapter 27 . 9/30/2009
She didn't kick him out? She's still on speaking terms with him? Crazy woman!

"The Enemy" come ON. They're little kids! Brooks is the kind of people that start wars, grouping people up like that. I'm glad the Colonel understands.

Yay for the kids. I just KNEW he was going to call Kim. Horray for happy endings (for them at least)

Go Lou Ann! Boy, took her log enough to kick him out.

Oh...my. What a horrible thing to see. I imagine something like that would be burned into your mind forever. I thank you for being short and too the point in that last paragraph. Some authors would have been overly descriptive.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »