Reviews for Not a God
H3taliafan chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
it wasn't just the emperor it was also his half sister kazunomiya, this was around the end of the centuries japan had closed itself up from the world. for the first few years the emperor knew nothing of america trying to open japan to the world only 2 people actually obtained the briberies: the emperor's mother and the shogun(basicly the guy who ordered around the trades/navy/army etc.) and the whole royal family was shamed because the traditions of japan were broken by the emperor's mother and wife. kazunomiya loved the one she was betrothed to but her birthday, betrothal and her whole life was changed so she ended up betrothed to her best friend, the successor to the shogun. i just learned this cuz i read a book that was apparently her diary..(they have a tonne of princessess including south china,korea, Queen mary of scscotts, victoria an many more..)
Spacebutt chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Hey it's space_butt from LJ and I went out searching for your aph fics and what I found really impressed me. This fic really struck a chord inside me and ohhh Kiku. You captured his confusion really well, the way the rug was yanked straight under his feet when he had to realise that his emperor wasn't a deity.

'Korea howling in pain and fury, crawling in the mud with broken legs and arms...' - my favourite line.

Instant fave.
Laughing Rain chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Yeah, I remember learning that.. This was really amazing. Theological questions are always an interesting way to go in a story... I've read some, and, quite frankly, you may always find some way to offend someone. I'm kinda immune, being of the 'religion is a way to control people,' mindset.

Aside from being well-written, this also seems very thoughtful. 'God' is always a good reason to fight, for some reason. When you make war for the next world, you don't tend to worry too much 'bout this one. Y'know, someone needs to write a fic 'bout the papacy in Italy...

Anyway, what you're supposed to get out of the above rabble is 'Great job! Keep writing!'

Laughing Rain
Mocha-the-Reviewer chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
.tv/

I just found out about the Asia-Pacific Song Contest...when I looked it up on the chinese version for Yahoo, I only found one relevant link...

Come on, people of/from Asia (and the Pacific)! Spread the word and show the world how awesome we are!XD
Wandering Namekian chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
I really love this. This is such a perfect piece. I like how you show that Arthur completely understands, because as we know, England did its fair share of monster-like actions during its existence (I'm part Native American, so I'm very aware of this). I've always wanted to read something that examined the darker things that these two countries have in common: it's more than tea and isolation, and I'm glad that you showed that. Awesome work.
lady-ribbon chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Absolutely moving and deep. Japan is so crippled from what he has done, and he's almost at his end.

The angst factor was beautifully put together, and the comfort

England offered was amazing.

Instant "fav"
Boulevard May chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I just loved this story. I could rant on forever about how I love seeing Kiku think over his actions like this, or how you protrayed both him and Arthur so well, but I'll jsut leave it at this - Great job.
P. S. Giovanni chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Aw, poor Kiku. Good job.
japaneserockergirl chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
That was...so deep. It really captured Japan's character-his thoughts, feelings, and nature. I felt so bad for him while reading this! I don't think I could ever captured him after WWII the same way you did.
halcyonide chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
This was just beautiful 3 Japan's reacyion is so sad :(
PersianLady chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
This what I call a wonderful story!
Lang Noi chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
I remember this story from the Livjournal Comm! It's pretty cool to see it here, too, where I can actually give a review. ;)

~ Lang