Reviews for Dark Eyes
Highwayman Myth chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I gotta admit, this is one of the best Kilik, Xianghua, and Maxi stories ever. Good job.

-Myth
Celestial Zodiac chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
This was awesome.

By the way, is Maxi in your story in love with Xianghua? Because the lines "He has her heart. You have nothing." Says he does. He also seems pretty jealous.

Still, I like this story.
AsakuraX chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
That was deep and I really liked it...it put a different perspective to the group
That Old Account chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Wow...this is really good...you are quite the writer.
coconut13 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
WOW!

I always liked the trio of Maxi Xianghua and Kilik (err, wrong order there XD) and this story was particularly awesome, since-it was well written! :D

Really amazing, excellent job! :)
AngelEyes87 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Well, well, well, has it been a long time in me reading some of your stuff, huh? xD but yeah, it's good to be read and all, I missed reading your works to be honest :P

Well, you have done a successful job in this fic and it's bloody good to see you do a fic about the threesome, Xianghua, Maxi and Kilik in it. Even though they have kinda made their seperate paths along the course of the series, mostly in SC3 and SC4, this is different as it focuses on the three of them together, which is interesting if you ask me xD You should do more fics like this as I think you represent them very well indeed.

I love the portrayel of Kilik, it was done really nicely xD I know that Siegfried is my main fav character, but yeah I love Kilik as well. He's so fucking awesome! And he's one of my most used in SC4 as well...I like the way you represented him as being serious and devoted in his mission to destroy Soul Edge and bring peace to everyone, but he has this giving nature to him despite the sins that he has committed in his former life. "Night after night, in his horrid dreams, he sees crimson red liquid bleed out onto the ground he stands before; and he hears a multitude of screams in different sections of the scale behind him." - What a line xD It really kinda reminds of Jin and also Siegfried in a way as they both suffer mentally and emotional and not only that, but they are on some sort of quest for redemption, and in a way to right the wrongs that they have done :) As you said before in the story, Kilik is very selfless, but I also feel sad for him at the same time as he has his serious quality to him like the fact that he wants to go back to his hiding place when the deed is done. It's almost like he is trying to protect himself from everyone else, including Xianghua, as he does care about the ones he love. That's what I think anyway and he is risking his life to save others too :)

Xianghua is kinda like the same thing, but she is the complete opposite to Kilik and Maxi as well...She is like a pure spirit, like a child if you will, and she is loyal to Kilik as a friend, but there is some hint that she loves him :D "In a world of opposites, he is the night sky, and she is the moon." - such a beautiful line to describe them both xD You know that Best Friend's oneshot that I am working on (the Xiao and Miharu one), well I kinda more or less wrote the same thing for Xiao and Jin. LOL, Great minds think alike, huh? "She tugs at her hand, desperately trying to get out of your grasp, still looking at you. And without speaking, she says to you, if you don’t let me go, he’ll be killed. Blinded by his guilt, he’ll not pay attention to his own injuries or where he’s going, even after he destroys Soul Edge. I need to be there! He needs to see the light!" - I could imagine her saying that xD She has this child-like quality to her and that's one of the things I like about her...You kinda do have a SC4 element to it, especially both kilik and Xianghua's endings.

Oh, and even though it is written in the 2nd person, you can tell it's from Maxi's point of view, which is really good. Unlike the two Chinese fighters, his quest is different as his one is born out of vengeance - he seeks the sword to destroy Astraroth while they want to fight for justice. Complte contrasts I would think, but still Maxi sees something in them and decides to stay with them despite he has a different agenda. I like the way that he comforts Xianghua and the last few lines were amazing :D
sol grand chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Can I please marry your writing? It's amazing! I really liked how you did this in Maxi's Point of View.
Lacuna The Lost chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
I never looked at the trio's relationship in this way before. I should say I never thought that Maxi could feel like this. The more I think on it the more it makes sense.

This was very well written and thought-provoking.
Solipsism chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Instant love.

The way you described how the individual wasin the very beginnign of the chapter was beautifully doen well and it painted a mosiac, if you will of what you could expect from him.
AmberAnodyne chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
I admit that I read this several days ago, but never got around to reviewing. *SHAME* OTL

Ehehehe... DARK EYES. X)

You do such great comparison fics. I really like how this one isn't just a head-to-head compare and contrast though (ala Anna and Nina), but focuses more on their differences and how they affect, or may affect in the future, Xianghua.

Also, love the ending to this. Unblinking dark eyes. Ooh la la.

P.S.- I lurve Maxi.
terabient chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
i don't know where to start here because i loved everything so much. but i will try anyway.

i love how Kilik and Xianghua and Maxi all care so much that they end up hurting each other - not out of cruelty, but because they *have to.* i love how you create metaphors that are rich without being florid. i love that you wrote in second-person, a narrative structure that is FRAUGHT WITH PERIL, and did not fall into any of the many pitfalls associated with it.

thanks so much for sharing this.
TeaC0sy chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Hhowmigosh, that was so ~ wonderful! So strong and heartbreaking and... X3 indeed.

~Day in and day out, memories plague him feverishly, to the point where he’s not even sure if he is himself anymore. Night after night, in his horrid dreams, he sees crimson red liquid bleed out onto the ground he stands before; and he hears a multitude of screams in different sections of the scale behind him.

~He bottles up the guilt. You bottle up the rage. - Especially loves these parts. Just.. wowowow at the whole fic. Mazing.

Darkness Eyes!
Layagg chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
...All I can say is... wow. You're really good at this thing. Your usage of the second person view, although risky, was great! Although the scene was short yet you captured the drama. Really powerful! I love your usage of their metaphor of moon and night sky. Okay, I'll stop ranting now. But keep it up. I'm really a fan of your writing style!
occasionallyme chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Razer, this just has to be my favorite yet. This is such a strong piece and (one word: MAXI! *waves arms in fangirlish adulation*) every line is heartwrenching and rings true to the characters.

"She doesn’t understand, though. She isn’t like him, or you. You both have the dark eyes. Behind them are your secrets and your own nightmares. He dreams of murdering his fellow students. You dream of the monstrosity slaughtering your crew. He bottles up the guilt. You bottle up the rage. He cannot be deterred from his path. Your mind cannot be changed. He is selfless. You are selfish.

He has her heart. You have nothing." ~ Absative WIN.

I'd really say more but I can't because I'm a nimrod like that. Hee. Wonderful job, as always. :)