Reviews for Theories About Nuclear Winter
Mimizuku9 chapter 1 . 4/18
I really was not planning on binge-reading through the entirety of this fic, but I made the mistake of opening up this fic out of curiosity (I'd never read a Calvin & Hobbes fic before), as as always with your writing, I was sucked in straight away ahah.
I love how real this fic felt - particularly in the way Calvin describes his feelings regarding his loneliness, and his affection for Susie. It was all so sweet and nostalgic and agh I could not will myself to stop reading until the end.
Anyways, thank you so much for writing this! It was such a delight to read ;v;
Natural Logarhythm chapter 1 . 9/28/2017
This is wonderful! I loved every word. I think you really captured what a teenage Calvin would be like. Calvin's emotions and reactions are very realistic at all points during the story, whether it's being lighthearted or serious. The stories he makes up in his head are totally him and totally hilarious. Thanks for writing this!
Miss-Adair chapter 1 . 8/22/2017
I found this story years ago, and it's one I come back to again and again.

It's inspirational in the way it's told. Your storytelling evokes emotion with how precise you are in describing a character's plight/action/idea/emotion. Not to mention, it flows smoothly-seamlessly even. From dialogue, to thought, to action, they are stitched together nicely. And the plot! I love it, plain and simple. You hit hard issues head on while treating them with respect and a blunt attitude.

Thank you for sharing your talent. I always enjoy reading this example of your skill.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2017
I reread this about once a year or so; maybe this time it just hit me so much harder bc I was shaking and overflowing with emotion, but I wanted to take the time to thank you for this story. As someone who used to read Calvin and Hobbes to her little siblings as a kid, this is a perfectly aged tribute to the spirit of the comics. I just feel so connected to Calvin in this, from his desires to be better getting punched out by unwitting failure, to the hopeful dreamer at his core despite what years of being talked down to and treated as stupid and bad has caked onto him. You did such an amazing job with this, and I'm grateful that I get to read it. Thank you.
KuriQuinn chapter 1 . 8/29/2016
Okay, I never read Calvin and Hobbes fanfiction, but this popped up in favorite stories list of an author I know - and I'm so glad I read it. This is so amazingly in character, and well-written and there's an actual plot and just - gah. I have no words. This was awesome. Thank you for writing this!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
Adorable. This is extremely adorable.
Qu1ntus5 chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Perfect. This fic was simply perfect. You captured the essence of the two central characters here, without even having Hobbes involved that much. The interactions of the two, and the situation for them, were beautiful. You weaved up something amazing here.

This was the third time I've read this over a very long timespan. But each time feels like the first. And that is a great feeling.
A great (fan)closure to the comics, really. This is one of the best short stories I've ever read.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
This was really good. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Your writing reminds me a lot of Rainbow Rowell. Kind of simple but it sucks you in and makes you emotional. Really amazing
archergwen chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
This fic made me cry the first time I read it. It perfectly captures the sadness of Calvin misunderstood, and how it must have been for him to grow up, along with just how great of a kid he really was. Kudos to you
underratedchocolate chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
I lied awake in bed just thinking about this story after I read it... beautiful. Just beautiful. I have no other way to describe it. It was really depressing how he just forgot about hobbes but you probably have your reasons for doing that... yeah thank you for this story
fallingwthstyle chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
Geez, I was just looking around ffn for something different to read, and thought I'd take a look at this. Once again, one of your stories kept me up past 4:00 am but I couldn't stop until I found out how it ended. It's been quite a while since that's happened.

I remember reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' in the newspaper (along with a dozen other comics like Peanuts, Family Circus, For Better or For Worse) ...and the idea of taking a cartoon about a kid with an overactive imagination where his stuffed tiger talks to him and has adventures with him...and making it into a fanfic where he becomes a very screwed up adult is amazing. I loved reading this...thank you for sharing it!
Shaman Psyker chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Wow, this has to be one of the best fan fics I've read so far usually I don't really go for the romanictic stuff but damn this thing really got a hold of me. A serious conclusion to one of my favorite comics ending nicely on a on a high note.
necro-wulf chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
Ok, Calvin is kind of a f**k-up. But you have to admire his follow through on crazy proclamations. I fully believe that that guy is going to buy her that house, even if she finally gets tired of him letting her down.
gr8azngrl chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Such a sweet story :,) I can just vividly imagine their future together with Calvin being a stay at home dad writing about his adventures and Susie being the best doctor the town has ever seen...Just a lovely future for them.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2014