Reviews for Theories About Nuclear Winter
Catalyst56 chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Perfect. This fic was simply perfect. You captured the essence of the two central characters here, without even having Hobbes involved that much. The interactions of the two, and the situation for them, were beautiful. You weaved up something amazing here.

This was the third time I've read this over a very long timespan. But each time feels like the first. And that is a great feeling.
A great (fan)closure to the comics, really. This is one of the best short stories I've ever read.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
This was really good. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Your writing reminds me a lot of Rainbow Rowell. Kind of simple but it sucks you in and makes you emotional. Really amazing
archergwen chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
This fic made me cry the first time I read it. It perfectly captures the sadness of Calvin misunderstood, and how it must have been for him to grow up, along with just how great of a kid he really was. Kudos to you
underratedchocolate chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
I lied awake in bed just thinking about this story after I read it... beautiful. Just beautiful. I have no other way to describe it. It was really depressing how he just forgot about hobbes but you probably have your reasons for doing that... yeah thank you for this story
fallingwthstyle chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
Geez, I was just looking around ffn for something different to read, and thought I'd take a look at this. Once again, one of your stories kept me up past 4:00 am but I couldn't stop until I found out how it ended. It's been quite a while since that's happened.

I remember reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' in the newspaper (along with a dozen other comics like Peanuts, Family Circus, For Better or For Worse) ...and the idea of taking a cartoon about a kid with an overactive imagination where his stuffed tiger talks to him and has adventures with him...and making it into a fanfic where he becomes a very screwed up adult is amazing. I loved reading this...thank you for sharing it!
Shaman Psyker chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Wow, this has to be one of the best fan fics I've read so far usually I don't really go for the romanictic stuff but damn this thing really got a hold of me. A serious conclusion to one of my favorite comics ending nicely on a on a high note.
necro-wulf chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
Ok, Calvin is kind of a f**k-up. But you have to admire his follow through on crazy proclamations. I fully believe that that guy is going to buy her that house, even if she finally gets tired of him letting her down.
gr8azngrl chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Such a sweet story :,) I can just vividly imagine their future together with Calvin being a stay at home dad writing about his adventures and Susie being the best doctor the town has ever seen...Just a lovely future for them.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Write a book. PLEASE.
clank6478 chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
Amazing. Just Amazing.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Some stories make you laugh, and others make you cry, and some make you want to laugh and cry and shake all at the same time for no apparent reason. This story is the third option. I love how Calvin kept imagining stories that matched the vague skeleton of what he was doing at the time - it seems so him.
LockmanCapulet chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
I... okay... I... give me a minute. I'm crying. Like actually.

Okay. I apologize, my hands are shaking and I have to keep retyping.

That was amazing. Really and truly. I wish I was able to better articulate what about it is so amazing besides the whole thing, it's just- okay, no, I'm rambling. Let me compose myself.

Okay. Here we go. This was an incredibly well-done piece. The story is excellent and believable, and the whole thing just FEELS like Calvin and Hobbes. Even if there was very little Hobbes. That was one part I really liked- you kept tying it all back to Hobbes, still upstairs in Calvin's room. The whole thing just seems so real, like the perfect continuation of Calvin's story. I don't know what else to say. Bravo.
Noip13 chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Really sweet. The one ship I shall never get tired of is Susie and Calvin, because they wonderful. This was complex, and had some unexpected twists. I can't really describe it any better- I just really, really liked it.

Though I wish I knew what happened to Hobbes. I suppose he's in a box in Calvin's parents' attic somewhere. Ah well.

Thanks for the story.
LittleBabeBlue chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is honestly one of my favorite pieces of fanfiction that I have ever read. It's tied with another to be my favorite oneshot. Your writing style is unbelievably good and you have a wonderful grasp on storytelling. I keep coming back to this one, this is probably the third or fourth time I've read it, and it just gets better with each pass.
Yardbird9 chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
When i IM you earlier i was almost halfway through the story and Hobbes was hardly mentioned. Now I know the reason why Hobbes is not heard about much. When Calvin mentions that he didn't know when Hobbes stopped talking back. For a split second I almost protested...but it was only a split second, because I realized that Calvin grew up and Hobbes was his childhood past and he is moving forward with Suzie. Excellent story.