Reviews for Keeping On
michelann chapter 12 . 7/24/2013
That was shiny. The charactors are true, right down to their way of speaking. Over all a very good read. I hope there are more stories to come.
hajimebassaidai chapter 8 . 3/23/2010
Always nice to see Jayne written with a bit of depth without undermining his character. No man who could wear that hat doesn't love his mother!
hajimebassaidai chapter 7 . 3/23/2010
A little extra mystery with the dinosaurs and mascots plus tales of flight school. I liked the delicate dealing with the issue of faith. I've seen fics where Mal tears into anyone with faith in God. But Book travelled with them for long enough; Mal had no problem as long as he didn't try and convert them all (see Serenity, the episode) and he left Book's faith alone.
hajimebassaidai chapter 6 . 3/23/2010
I like how you have made Lilah slightly prickly and with a realistically vague past. No whopping great introduction, after all no tell their employers everything up front! Plus these people all have something they don't feel the need to tell the whole 'verse.
hajimebassaidai chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
Nice to see Kaylee and Simon coming together. Also to see Simon written sympathetically without ignoring his faults, especially foot-in-mouth disease!
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I love how you've captured the rhythm and feel of the dialogue of the 'verse. The gentle moving on is promising and I like the reasoning given for it and the comparisons.
Emrisah chapter 12 . 10/3/2009
Great story. I think that you are one of the only authors I've read that has managed to capture the characters as Joss would have, and yet still put your own originality into it. I like it muchos. *nods* Looking forward to reading the sequel! : )
ElvenCompanion chapter 12 . 4/25/2009
Was that the end? Sad. Don't get me wrong I liked it, but there are still so many unanswered questions, Places you could go. You should definitely consider writing a sequel.

But all in all, good job and I will keep an eye out for your other works.
offtackle46 chapter 12 . 4/25/2009
“Getting hit again.” Great Simon line. It made me laugh.

“Indulge my brief moment of questionable ethics.” Another great Simon line.

Loved the talk between Mal and River, and I like where you are taking that relationship. It is really good for both of them.

Maybe Jayne will finally learn his lesson. Yeah, I know, but I had to try and convince myself.

I liked each and every conversation, and I envy your grasp of the characters. Do you have any secrets on writing them?
Lil' Dinky chapter 12 . 4/24/2009
What? "END"? That's the end?

*throws a temper tantrum at two year old would be proud of*

NONONONONONONONONONO!

If that's the end, I'm going to be very, very upset! I need MORE. You write the whole crew too damn well to end it there!

Of course, that could've just been the end of the chapter and I'm just over-reacting. Right? RIGHT? Tell me I'm right. Don't end it yet!
divine divinity chapter 12 . 4/24/2009
Excellent chapter once again.

Loved River, her role in firefly fan fictions is very important to me, can mean the difference between reading it and not. So well done on writing hr superbly, showing her broken side, her dangerous side, and her humane side. :)

Was very well written this chapter, intense and heavy with realistic emotions, but in a very good way, really made for a great chapter. A lot happened character wise this chapter, saw a lot of the crew, the dynamic, character interaction, relationships and insight into their minds. Enjoyed it all immensely.

Looking forward to more, please update soon, enjoying where your taking the characters, the story, the ideas and emotions in it. :)
robotminione chapter 12 . 4/23/2009
I noticed it says "END" at the bottom. Is this actually the end of the story, or was that just for the end of the chapter? Because this has been wonderfully written so far, and I guess I could see how this would make and ok ending, but I still feel like there are a lot of unanswered questions.
ElvenCompanion chapter 11 . 4/8/2009
So sorry about the lack of reviewing, school has been crazy lately. Anyways on with the actual review

Still lovin' it. I can see how Zoe could be mad, though I do have to say, she was a bit rash, but the grieving often do behave without thinking. Poor Zoe.

I wonder if Inara's feeling is still warrented. What else is Lilah hiding from her past? It should be fun to find out. update soon.
offtackle46 chapter 11 . 4/6/2009
Yet another engrossing chapter in your story. I wouldn't mind if you find a way to drag this out to chapter 1011.

Your characters are well written and I can hear their voices in my head when I read your dialog. Lilah is a believable character that you have smoothly integrated into the crew.

I absolutely love your plot line about Wash in the war, but I have to say my heart goes out to Zoe. Losing Wash and then knowing he had kept a secret from her is a double whammy.

Please write more. Soon.
Lil' Dinky chapter 11 . 4/6/2009
Damn! What the hell? Wash was in the War? HOW COME HE LIED TO ZOE? Oh man, the mysteries! C'mon, post soon and relieve my insatiable curiosity, please!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »