Reviews for Love in the Mirror Room
UnfinishedSente chapter 1 . 12/12
This reminds me of a quote I read years ago “If you ever find yourself in love with two people, pick the second one because if you truly loved the first one there would have never been a second” This was an amazing read!
andrewpine chapter 1 . 8/21
Poor baby lost his blood bag play toy.i gather once she gets out from under little Eddie's dazzle she will realize she never did love him.
Procrasty chapter 24 . 8/17
God, this was sad. But beautifully written.
madonnaofsouthafrica chapter 1 . 7/28
This has got to be one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I remember reading this when I was in high school a few years back and wishing I could meet someone like James. I thought I lost this story and then I googled searched the hell out of "twilight james bella stockholm syndrome fanfiction" and found this and was so freaking happy. I literally have been laying in bed binge reading this for the past two days with breaks to eat, sleep, and soak it all in. I really hope you write a sequel or maybe become a writer yourself and create your own characters. You definitely have a knack for catching the magic of human relationships. Good luck to you 3
Tommy14 chapter 24 . 4/29
Just finished reading this wonderful story and wanted to say thanks for the great read.
ghanima77 chapter 24 . 4/21
I've never read this pairing before and this is quite an interesting take on it. I've got to say that you had me at the edge of my seat for the entire story. Thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you for sharing!
Crack-jouchan chapter 23 . 4/21
Thank you. I bawled like a baby. And by god, this ending is the most perfect ending they could have.

It's true, that even though their start wasn't really umm... normal, what Bella and James' relationship evolved into was really, really good. It was full of freedom, joy and laughter. Just pure, unadulterated happiness.

On the other hand, the relationship between Bella and Edward is filled with worry and doubt; of constantly having the fear of messing up, of trying to live up to expectations you might not be able to meet. That's the thing with pedestals - so little room to stand, and all the more distance to fall. It's unhealthy, and while some could get used to it, like Bella probably did in canon, it still doesn't make it any healthier.

I guess that's the problem I had with Twilight; it freaked me out, the way they seemed to practically worship each other. It would never be the relationship I'd ever want; being on even ground, on even terms with my partner - that's what I'd want.

In my opinion, true Stockholm is when your captor intentionally hurts you - physically or mentally - but he didn't do either of that. Despite the fact that James kidnapped her, other than not letting her out, he actually treated her like an equal. He took her teasing and comebacks in stride instead of retaliating. He didn't hurt her or humiliate her. He cared for her, treated her well throughout. It's no wonder she fell for him - and not some Stockholm crap - real, genuine love.

I'm gonna end this review before it becomes more of an essay than it already is! Thank you again, for this lovely piece of work!
Robin.D chapter 24 . 3/28
poor Eddie :-(
Robin.D chapter 23 . 3/28
that was a good chapter :):):):) it was a good story in all :):):):)
Robin.D chapter 22 . 3/28
but he has to want her :-( good chapter :):):):)
Robin.D chapter 21 . 3/28
she needs James :-( good chapter :):):):)
Robin.D chapter 20 . 3/28
poor James :-( good chapter :):):):)
Robin.D chapter 19 . 3/28
why does she have to tell him :-/ good chapter :):):):)
Robin.D chapter 18 . 3/28
good chapter :):):):)
Robin.D chapter 17 . 3/28
poor James but he was the one that said all of the things to Victoria :-( good chapter :):):):)