Reviews for Belief And Other Valuable Things
kaylasheep chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Late to the party?

This is just... So great! I love Jeff and therefore love Jeff-centered stories. But this is a lot more than that. The interactions and dynamics are very believable. I've read a lot fics where Jeff seems to resent the physic abilities of the other chosen four, and I just don't buy it (especially when you can take out any boss with one multi-bottle rocket :D). I think that this is a much more realistic and mature depiction. Maybe a hint of WANTING to understand (which might translate into he wishes to be psychic) but more just being generally baffled.

Oh, and Jeff's atheism is fantastic too! But so is his willingness to go ahead and pray for the sake of his friends/himself. He's a true scientist. Doesn't really believe in it, but has seen enough strange things and, as a scientist, is probably more agnostic and therefore recognizes that one simply does not know (it's the most responsible position, scientifically, seeing as it will always be impossible to prove one way or another) and therefore, what the hell, why not?

Although I've never seen Earthbound or Paula's prayer as an inherently religious thing (certainly not Judeo-Christian anyway). More spiritual, if such a distinction can really be made. If it was religious at all, I would see it more like a Shinto meditation and using the natural forces kind of thing.
Sifl-senpai chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
HURR HURR HURR. I'M "SOME RANDOM REVIEWER" HAHAHAHA.

SO I ALREADY REVIEWED THIS. HA HA HA HA!
The Comment chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This was awesome! I always like stories where they talk about what happens on those nights...
Axelstream chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
An thoughtful, entertaining, and well-written read. Like the other reviewers, the aspect I enjoyed most were the character interactions. Keep up the good work!
Konoha's Kage chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Very sweet one-shot. I can totally see this happening before the final battle...
some random reviewer chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
This is very good! I didn't think you should need to mention that this is your first work!

I always envisioned Jeff as an atheist, too. I really like how you can show their bonds and continual bonding even right before their big showdown.

And, they really do act like mature kids- very in character!
Chocolatheque chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Wow, how does this not have more reviews? It was well written, and it was nice to see the Chosen Four just... being friends, you know? It's nice to see their interactions. :) Great job.