Reviews for The Glory of War
hiitsmeguys chapter 1 . 6/7
At least nearly headless as a friend now
robbstarkswoman chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Wow.

This is fantastic. I really love how its detached, it really adds a great element to it.

Well done.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Wow this is a really... detached story and it works really well for the subject that you wrote about. The last line is absolutely perfect for this story. The cost of righteousness is fifty-three lives... that's really powerful. Great job!
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I think this story is detached in the sense that it's a "pan" over all the deaths, but the most effective technique was not getting into Neville or Oliver's emotions - just their actions. So overall, I'd say that it worked.

It's still heartbreaking and real, though. Love the title in particular. My favourite part of the story was probably the look into Theodore Nott - still not particularly nice, but has his own priorities and important people. It's a very strong and effective short piece.
Nessie-san chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Very, very good. Sometimes, when looking at the bodies of people you knew and cared about - especially those who died violently - the world takes on a kind of stillness, a peaceful emptiness not known at any other time. It's a defense mechanism. Very, very well done.