Reviews for Sitra Ahra
Jarvey chapter 30 . 4/2
Dunno if you're ever going to pick up a pen again (so to speak), but I must say I hope you do.

Cheers
1066wthec chapter 1 . 3/15
ooh.
the13thmachete chapter 30 . 3/12
I just made it to this story, but I found it extremely compelling and read the whole thing in one day. It's impressive that you continued writing it on such a large scale over many years, and I'm overly greedy to expect more for free, but please continue.

I have some ideas about how you'd continue the political intrigue and problems with the Malfoys, but most of those are just guesses based upon your writing style.

Regardless, thanks for writing this!
GreenAlien123 chapter 28 . 1/30
I liked it
Guest chapter 14 . 9/21/2016
I like this
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 28 . 8/24/2016
Damn great chapter! There's not much else to say than well done. Oh, we of course have to mention the best line-scene of the story that makes its appearance here: 'Get away from me seeker ye bastard!' (Cue heroic music)
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 22 . 8/23/2016
Man, this is a really good story. There is barely a shred of similarity to canon — other than the 'very' main plot points — and the fact that it is quite well written helps, of course. You've got a very good narrative voice in general, keeping me always interested. And it seems that the conflict is going to go up another notch after the end of this chapter. Very nice!

The only point where you lose me a bit are those long 'boss' fights that sometimes happen — though there are not many in the story so far (Just two or three if I remember correctly) . It's not that they are bad, but they are simply less interesting than what you usually write if they are lengthy. In this chapter for example the fight was fine, because it did not drag on for too long. Anyway this does not matter much in the end, because the passages I am referring to make up just a couple thousand words (or less) of this huge story.

Well done. Just like Elizium (which I am a fan of) , this looks like a great piece of work so far.
Diaspared chapter 15 . 6/23/2016
I'm always, /always/, partial to corruption in place of hatred.

I hope your Voldemort variant sees it as a process, not an immediate thing; the best executed version of this is in a specific Star Wars fanfiction trilogy on this site, a story where Palpatine breaks Luke utterly until he is dark enough to control.

Tom Riddle always seemed like he could be more.
Diaspared chapter 14 . 6/23/2016
If I may offer a statement: I think you're too detail oriented to focus on non-action or non-drama for this long. Well, at least insofar as you want to craft a story that appeals to me; others may be less susceptible to your descriptive pace.

I myself tend towards ludicrously long introspection when writing, which works wonders for characterization. It is also utter shite, to borrow the British spelling, for anything even approaching action. When I try to speed up, as it were, I tend to write less description and more flashes of action, because for all that I feel I'm at least adequate at showing thought processes and discussion, I'm horrible at the third point of the narrative triumvirate, the setting.

With you, and this may be my insomnia talking, the story feels slow. I think it's due to your skill with descriptions, where the sheer density of the work plays a part in the weight of the story.
Diaspared chapter 10 . 6/23/2016
You probably should have added "mystery" to the category line.

You also absolutely should not have done what you did with the sorting hat: by allowing an avenue in, you've put the onus on Harry to tell Dumbledore that the hat could see through. And by doing so, when you fail to write this scene and all that follows, and instead reveal at a moment of greater drama, you'll have me (and, perhaps, others like me) reacting not with shock but mild disdain. I'm supposed to feel intrigue, but all I feel is impatience.
Diaspared chapter 9 . 6/23/2016
You've gone missing, for a given value thereof, but I just put together most of the pieces you've hinted at. Well, beyond your, to borrow a term from the most unpleasant website that is tvtropes, diabolus ex machina in the form of this "legion"; you could stand to give a few more clues regarding what is inevitably the greater evil in this story. I mean, clues beyond either a reference to Good Omens, an actual demon, or Supernatural.

But as I see it, your main goals were simple: increase ministry power, prepare Harry prior to Hogwarts, remove his need to die, add an extra horcrux absolutely no one knows about, and ignore, until absolutely necessary, the need to actually develop a reasonable means, in background terms, of increasing Harry's strength. What doesn't fit in is the death of Tonks: it feels gratuitous at the very best, and uncalled for at worst. I question the need for her death, especially as I find it dubious in the extreme that her shapeshifting properties extend to those using polyjuice to take her form (which, as I gather, is the real reason she's dead: so that Narcissa Malfoy, and by extension the death eaters, have access to shapeshifting abilities.) It feels cheap, unnecessary, and shortsighted.
The Other World chapter 30 . 6/1/2016
I hope you're still active on this site and the story isn't abandoned - you haven't updated for two years but I really hope you're going to continue this! A really interesting Harry-in-Slytherin take, and his past has me so intensely curious! I wish he'd just open his mind and get on with it instead of taking it so gradually. Millicent and Regina's deaths were really shocking, and I feel so sorry for Harry.
I'm glad Sirius has escaped Azakaban (poor guy) and I wonder if Harry will be able to talk with him soon. I wonder why he escaped though, we haven't seen Scabbers in this story (At least, I don't think so), so why escape now and not before?
Hmm... what else? I'm surprised the Flamels are letting him go back to Hogwarts every year - God knows my parents wouldn't dream of it if I went through what he did - and I can't really figure out what Fudge's game is. So... I would love you to update soon!
Thanks for this really nice story 3
xx
Serenarey Chiba chapter 30 . 5/16/2016
Well, now. I see your muse has left you, and that's a shame, but I really enjoyed reading this. I lost precious sleep making sure I finished this, although the initial couple of chapters made me wonder if it was in my best interests to continue reading. Even so, I don't think I regret doing so. Thank you for making this story a reality.
1,015 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »