Reviews for Sitra Ahra
DefectiveHumanModel chapter 30 . 4/17
An update! Glorious! This is hands down on of the best works of Harry Potter fanfiction ever written. Great characteriztion, an interesting magic system, enough feels to invoke a physical response, innovative Quiditch strategies, and epic fight scenes, this fic has it all, and it's starting to finally head towards my two favorite years, the 4th and 5th. Keep up the great work!
Snarky Sonnet chapter 30 . 4/14
This is an absolutely amazing, amazing story. It's just... WOW...

I wish I had the intelligence to articulate my deep admiration for your prose and this intricate, deeply engaging plot you've created but my vocabulary would fail me.

These hundred of thousands of words gripped me to the edge of my seat. Your characters are so well-developed, your plot lines are so intricately weaved that try as I might I am unable to tear my eyes off the screen until the very last page.

I felt myself immersed in this story, watching this fic unfold as if I was one of the characters.

I know this review is deeply lacking of substance but just WOW.

I appreciate this much more insidious Dark Lord and a much more intelligent and thoughtful Harry. I honestly can't wait to see what happens next. How is Harry going to react now that Sirius is on the loose?

I really love the political intrigue in this story. This question has been nagging me but how do other countries view Wizarding Britain? They don't seem to be interfering in its domestic affairs but surely more rational government bodies are alarmed by this militarized (yet still incompetent) British Ministry/ Big Brother?

Britain is a well-developed democratic country, and the authoritarian measures being imposed by the Ministry must be inducing at least some reaction from their international counterparts.

What a bloody mess. I can't wait to see what you have for us readers next. This is one magnificent tale.
Sir Graq chapter 10 . 4/7
I wanted to take a moment and just say wow. I have chills right now. While I'm not a huge fan of your writing style I do thoroughly enjoy the way you dictate conversations. The sorting hat scene? That made my back crawl. Pardon my French but that was fucking brilliant. It's things like this story that help me procrastinate at 11:00 pm from finishing my presentation on ecosystem services and biodiversity. Thanks mate :D!
Reiko Katsura chapter 2 . 3/24
Fan fiction tends to be pretty predictable, y'know? (Or at least in my experience it does.) Even the long ones with seemingly intricate plots rarely offer an element of surprise. That being said, I can honestly say that I did not expect what happened in this chapter. I must have spent a whole minute just gaping at the screen after *that* particular scene. Just. Wow. Holy crap.
Reiko Katsura chapter 1 . 3/24
I've read numerous takes on this particular scene before but I do believe this was by far one of the best. It very nearly had me in tears and I am not one to cry easily. James' encounter with Voldemort was great. I sort of expected my eyes to glaze over eventually (long fight scenes tend to be so dull, and especially in fan fiction) but to my surprise I was genuinely fascinated. I also loved all the magic in this. Lily's ritual and the information about the wards in particular were interesting.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing where you've taken this. Thanks for sharing!
The Greater Foo1 chapter 28 . 3/24
Poor Ron, the Weasley family doesn't deserve this at all. Millecent and Regina will be missed. This story is like a game of thrones version Harry Potter. Brutal utterly brutal. Harr is definitel going to Beaxbatons.
Lightsbane1905 chapter 29 . 3/20
To the dogs of war, may they all feast upon one another
jhimenie.towers chapter 18 . 3/14
Your writing is great. All the tiny details. So much emotion! I nearly cried in the first chapter. And your characters are so well developed than I can't help but love them.
I'll keep reading now... :-)
MosquitoesLoveMe chapter 9 . 3/12
A masterfully crafted Harry Potter Fanfiction! You have just converted what was meant to be a book for preteens and teens into something that can be enjoyed by people of all ages! You also have an art for describing things that usually take a nondescript role in most fanfiction, case in point your descriptions detailing runic magic! This story also seems to have everything from spell variety to gritty realism when dealing with the world of politics, and how could I forget the character development! Harry has really changed from the 'little lost soot covered kid' to a strong young preteen brimming with confidence as any kid raised by a loving family would, which brings me to your portrayal of the Flamels! the only thing I can say to you is Kudos man, you did a spectacular job!

I have been on the constant lookout for authors who are not afraid to employ a little bit of gore to really drive home how dangerous and potent magic can be! That being said I honestly did not expect Tonks to die in such an abrupt fashion! I mean you took pains to develop her character, however briefly and she died before I could blink! I actually had to reread that line to make sure! And the detail you usually add to describe the deaths, simply amazing! I actually sat and played the scene over in my head! However unexpected her death was, I really liked that the story could surprise me like that, after all who wants to read a story where events can be predicted one after another! It takes the pleasure out of the 'read and find out' aspect of a story!

Another thing I really liked was the battle battle between Voldemort and Harry's parents! I go back to how I said you are very talented in making background events look interesting. Many stories just conveniently skip that part or make it very short and listless with little to no emotional touch, usually just opting for two convenient flashes of the 'green light'. Logic dictates that they must at least be able to put up a fight, however futile the attempt may be, after all they had already faced the dark lord thrice and survived! James put up a valiant fight and the same could be said for Lily! It is the first time their deaths in a fanfiction evoked such a strong reaction in me!

All this apart, what really made me addicted to this story was your proficiency in the English language! I constantly scour for fics with good English (both grammar and vocabulary) and yours is pretty damn amazing for the lack of a better word!

I hope you'll for forgive for my rather long-winded review! I initially only wanted to congratulate for dishing out a good fic and to ask you you to keep up your good work, but apparently my hands have a mind of their own and decided that a rant was the appropriate review for this fiction!
Cheers! Keep writing!
Avextu chapter 29 . 3/8
"an immense yellow flower... It bobbed back and forth with an uncanny rhythm...It probably just likes the sunlight."

I'm not sure if this is a mere co-incidence, but is this a subtle reference to the sunflower from Plants vs Zombies? I'd love to know!

With that said, I'm loving this fic! Started reading yesterday and continued reading until I had a bad case of pink eye.
chazman89 chapter 30 . 3/7
Well, this is an interesting take on HP. looking forward to reading more.
ExecutionerKain chapter 2 . 3/2
Wow was not expecting that. ...
ExecutionerKain chapter 1 . 3/2
Sounds awesome
david9999 chapter 30 . 3/1
hello, Voice of the Nephilim.

You have gotten me hooked into this outstanding epic story of yours. :-)

Everything in it is so well done.

But I would really like to see Harry go to Beauxbatons. I think it would be good for him and he could do with a change and a new start, but maybe that's just me.

Enjoy your weekend,
cheers.
Shinysavage chapter 30 . 2/27
Fantastic to see this being updated again, Voice, and a fine chapter it was. Kudos for a very different portrayal of Fudge.

Shinysavage