Reviews for An alternative course
He-who-runs-into-walls chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
I can't wait to see Taichi
Allycat chapter 4 . 3/12/2012
My favorite characters are Izzy and Joe so ya. And UPDATE SOON! I really want more.
Nessa671 chapter 4 . 11/24/2011
Please update soon.
Angelfish369 chapter 4 . 2/22/2011
so...i'm assuming you're not continuing? i hope you will though since it's quite an original concept! very sweet and very interesting indeed
YueLilianPotter chapter 4 . 2/6/2011
so agumon will stay the same? will he still be tais partner? Hopefully tai wakes up soon.

i like your story so please update again soon
digifan313 chapter 4 . 3/23/2010
Yay! a season one rewrite, I have been looking everywhere for it. Please tell me you will update this someday, because every other one I found that looked interesting always stopped being updated midway, you won't be like that right? Please tell me you don't.
Fruitloop Trooper chapter 4 . 1/4/2010
So, reading your story description, you mentioned that Tai might be close to Kari in the Digital World. At first I thought he was going to be Salamon, but now with this chapter, I'm wondering if he's Joe somehow. Or is he like some kind of guardian angel, and he can take over any body that is close to Kari at the time.

Pretty cool, I hope you update soon.
dreamer chapter 4 . 7/3/2009
i luv this story! it's confusing, how the digimons' ultimates changed, but i'll deal with it. i really like how you made Kari accident-prone, as i would call it, always needing someone to save her. i can see why she's upset, though. keep writing!
GRX3m0m chapter 4 . 5/22/2009
Really good!Twisting the story.
Corlimon chapter 4 . 5/12/2009
Wahey! Another great chapter. I was half expecting you NOT to change Gomamon's digivolution cause I couldn't see anything else fitting, but Ebidramon is effing awesome! Keep on writing awesome chapters, and I can't wait for the next one!
Beth chapter 4 . 5/12/2009
Is SkullGreymon Tai's digivolved partner? And does he know what he's doing, like with Gatomon?
Vigatus chapter 4 . 5/11/2009
Once again I have enjoyed your writing. Your choice for Joe's partner was great, and it helped me refresh my Japanese. When I first read Ebidramon, I thought to myself, 'Aha! Ebi means squid it must be a squid-like digimon. So I looked it up on the internet (isn't Google great?) and low and behold, it was a lobster. Ebi means shrimp, and now I remember that ika means squid. You think I would have no trouble remembering that from the amount of ebi sushi and ika sushi I ate while living in Japan. It's good stuff.
Crystalstorm chapter 4 . 5/11/2009
Another good chapter. Glad the link was useful. I look forward to the next chapter and seeing who's next to digivolve. The one I'm wondering about the most is Gabumon as I always did like his Weregarurumon form. Can't wait to see if that still happens or he gets a new look too. Ja.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 4 . 5/11/2009
Eh, I don't think he's REALLY allergic, that's just his excuse for not getting involved - he was 'allergic' to bird seeds in the next ep, after all!

Ebidramon, eh? Awesome. Only wondering how they'll kill MetalEtemon without Zudomon's hammer now, but ... still, it's pretty awesome. Like I said, Kari taking Tai's place is serving the rather ingenious purpose of completely shifting the team dynamic. Without Tai, Matt is currently the team leader. Kari also developed a bit, when Joe saved her - it shows her maturity and compassion, that she hates other people putting themselves on the line for her. Also, it meant that we got a different result in this episode, as well - Matt didn't exit the trolley car, and so it was Joe who's Digimon digivolved. I agree with your reasoning for using Ebidramon instead - it's humourous to make fun of poor Joe like this. Besides, it's good for him. I'm not sure if you should change EVERY digivolution, but I'm starting to realise I don't care if you do, so long as you make good choices for them - so far, they've been sound decisions.

I also liked HOW they digivolved. Sure, it was the danger thing, but also because of their original traits: Joe was responsible for Kari's safety; Izzy was using his intelligence to try and find a weak point. I like that Monochromon was nicer here, too - if he's laid-back, I don't think he'd attack for food, so Triceramon and Vermillimon were good touches. You've generally given the enemy digimon more intelligent motivations, too - Shellmon attacks for good reason in his eyes, because they're in his territory; Seadramon's pissed off with them for waking him; Kuwagamon is angry at them and wants them dead personally, because of their beating him. All good so far. I wonder how the Meramon chapter will play out, now. And SkullGreymon ... I wonder what you're planning to do with him, hmm? Good foreshadowing, though, I'm enjoying this story so far.

Firehedgehog chapter 4 . 5/11/2009