Reviews for Becoming Connor Davids
Jerry K chapter 41 . 6/17
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I still think chapter 39 is probably the most significant chapter of this whole account. In a sense, everything else is before and after, if that makes sense. My brother died on Christmas Eve, 2012-and everything since has been "after". As Ziva David once remarked (NCIS) about the death of her sister Tali, "You don't get over it-you get through it." Any crisis that enlarges us is worth having, however painful-but it's never easy. Thank you, race: you go, guy.
MADStar529 chapter 53 . 3/18
Beautiful story. So lovely.

You captured their relationship perfectly.
hotshow chapter 53 . 11/13/2015
I just discovered this story and thought it was very good. I was wondering was Connor Davids character in the show, or did you make the character up. Thank you.
NightWithMoon chapter 53 . 8/24/2015
Well... this was a short one! But I read it all. I admit I usually like a fiction with more development on the technological/galaxy spanning plot line - but I was snared by this one just as well.
I enjoyed reading this story a great deal and am glad I took the time to do so.
Jebeth chapter 53 . 8/22/2015
I really enjoyed your story. It was easy to care about your original characters. I had hoped that you would have Jack retire after Daniel went to Atlantis and show up as a civilian consultant.
mkoepp63026 chapter 53 . 4/27/2015
I absolutely loved this story. It was so real, from how long it took for the relationship to move forward to thw issues with faith. Very real., and really thank you for finishing it. Like you said there are so many stories that do not get finished and you finished it. Fantastic job, you should be proud.
Jerry K chapter 53 . 10/12/2014
Ace, I have just finished reading BECOMING CONNOR DAVIDS for the fifth time in 3 years. I never get tired of it. I can honestly say that it is the most beautiful love story that I have ever read-not just Connor and John, but also Rodney and Eric, Teyla and Evan, Ronon and Jennifer. I have read quite a few of your other stories as well. And I have a vision of how Connor looks in my mind's eye that I'd not want to see replaced! Thank you so much for so much.
Panchan010 chapter 53 . 4/21/2014
God I love this story. Thank you for writing it.
Jenna chapter 53 . 2/1/2014
What a spineless poor-little-me waste of space your OC is... you have obviously based him on the worst sort of subHarlequin heroines.
Domino Derval chapter 53 . 2/2/2014
As you know, I adore this fic. I started reading it when I wanted SGA slash, but no mcshep; I'm not a fan of that pairing (I have my reasons why I don't like it). So, as I was looking I found this fanfic when you posted the first chapter. It's well written and the original characters well developed. Your dialogue is crisp, true and lively. This pairing was refreshing and I loved Connor. I felt he was representative of most of fanfic readers and so allowed us to live a bit through Connor. But, he is still different from most average people to be unique. He's wonderful and I believe the perfect foil for John Sheppard. He can keep up with Sheppard and give him a run for his money.

Well done! I look forward to more fiction from you. Keep writing!

PS: Ignore any dips*#ts who will tell you that this story or 'Connor' isn't any good. They're full of themselves and don't know a da*n thing about good writing or a good story. DD
Mirwalker chapter 53 . 8/21/2013
A very nice end to a great piece. GIves closure to all the major relationships and issues (though I was hoping for a little more dramatic end to the gay-bashing crew), and wraps up in a very appropriate place: stargazing again.

Kudos on the work, and thanks for sharing.
Mirwalker chapter 50 . 8/18/2013
A nice *community* Christmas, with each couple celebrating in their own way, while still connected. I really like how you brought together a number of threads around each-Connor baking, Johns not liking Christmas, Ronon's hungry disinterest in the reason for cookies and milk... Shows how well you've laid in details along the way, and can now tie them up nicely.

Looking forward to how the final chapter do that even more.

Mirwalker chapter 44 . 8/18/2013
Nice ceremony-both design (laid out) and the stories told by the friends to show their recognition for the coupling. No pressure with the quiz given in public, and toward the end of the Athosian ceremony -getting one wrong meant the whole show was for naught that night, never mind waiting a month.

Glad they got it right, even if guestimating...

Mirwalker chapter 43 . 7/28/2013
A long while since I've been able to post a review; sorry for delay and the sweeping coverage of many chapters here...

With the longer view, I continue to enjoy how Davids has come into his own as troubled, but significant member of the larger Atlantis activity: relationships, offworld team and/or consultations, holidays, and more recently the "gay underground." That complexity, along with the consistency, has really made him a well-rounded super genius. There have been few individual moments where I've worried he was becoming too Mary Sue perfect or damsel-in-distress; but each time, and more importantly overall, he's stepped up. (And I remind myself that you have to extraordinary to get to Atlantis.)

Appreciating that in-character growth, punctuated by the occasional larger action/plot crisis, I'm realizing that I have only a few chapters left. ;-( Glad there're a few other BCD titles to look forward to as well.

Mystical-Elf-Of-Sorrow chapter 53 . 7/24/2013
Wow, Really awesome story, It took me like 3 days to read it and I loved it. Awesome job :)