Reviews for The Getting of Wisdom Affair
Lothithil chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Another really wonderful read! Too many things that I love to pick just a few... excellent dialogue and action. My only complaint is of the sleep I lose staying up reading such fantastic fic!

Encore!

-Loth
Uncle Charlie chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
All I want to know is why my teachers never looked like Illya or April...although, I'm still wondering about Mr. Giroux. There was a 'sense' about him.

I think I've read this before, yes? It did nothing to distract from the story - just testing the little gray cells.

Charlie
Jedi Junkee chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Your details are always great, the TAB reference made me smile. The characters are all true. I liked the balance of humor and action. Your dialog moves along swiftly and is easy to see who is speaking. I really liked this story.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
As always, outstanding characterization, character interaction & byplay, particularly Solo & April and then Ilya & April.

I especially like Napoleon's understanding that he balances the ugliness of his job by sleeping with beautiful women, by finding and giving pleasure and sweetness, and how he and April can do that for each other without expectations of more.

An excellent job of setting the scene, be it Rio (the lights, the sounds, the size of the room and bed) or the school (I could almost smell the chalk dust and was amused by the reference to Up The Down Staircase).

I very much admire how you get every detail right and it makes the story so much more credible.