Reviews for Summer Skin
Smooth Raven chapter 9 . 7/12/2012
This fic was recommended to me by Lorelei547... and I am glad she did! It was very good. I really liked how you gradually eased Rick into the spotlight for Claire's affection and turned Kai gracefully from potential love interest to friend. Hard to pull off, but that you did. I will have to read the sequel now. :) I also wanna see what happens with Zack and Lillia.
DawnToSunset chapter 9 . 8/16/2011
...Fantastic :) Now, off to the sequel!
BeMerryEatCake chapter 9 . 12/22/2009
Wow, I LOVEDD this!

But...I'm so sad that Kai...and claire...

I just didn't see them becoming friends in the end, that bit shocked me to the core. It has a very realistic spin, good job!
RoseAngelx chapter 9 . 7/24/2009
My friend recommended this fic to me and told me it was really good. She was right.

And it is one of the most well written fics I have ever read. You've done really, really well. Great job! I can't wait for the sequel.
Fading Butterfly Wings chapter 9 . 6/20/2009
I came home to the last two chapters :D

That was a surprising, great ending to the story (and it was a happy one! :) ) I was not disappointed with it at all. I'm glad all the fights were resolved, and Claire has changed for the better.

The dramatic climactic storm scene with Popuri was awesome. So that was Claire's secret? I like how you delivered it. I can't believe Popuri&Rick knew it the whole summer. And Kai still doesn't know!

I'll admit personally I prefer Kai and the kiss with Rick was out of nowhere, but it was cute (Plus Kai got her at the end :P )

Thank you for such the amazing story! It's definitely staying on my favorites forever! I can't wait for the sequel! :D

P.S. BTW I'm subscribing to your author alert :)
lovethemdonuts chapter 9 . 6/20/2009
i'm back and i'm reviewing as promised :D that was a truly amazing finish :D you caught me off-guard there, i was like "what? it's the last chapter already? asdfgd there should be more conflicts with claire, popuri and rick (especially him!)." i was also caught off-guard with the fact that claire REALLY ended up with rick! i was drawn to this fic thinking claire would be with kai in the end because i'm such a fan of the pairing. LOL. but since you made rick so likeable for us readers, who am i to complain? :)

when i think about it, however, if you dedicated more chapters for deeper conflicts it would only become more complicated. and a story that's too complicated usually fail at tying up all the loose ends. this story has a simple plot yet it is very charming for you write so well :)

i guessed claire's "tragic" past before the revelation, when i read the line about popuri telling claire that she's always acting tough. like you said in the a/n it was anticlimactic and i wasn't impressed with it. but i should've kept in mind when i was reading it that they're just teenagers so their problems really just concern those things. haha, it's like i wasn't a 16-year old like, 4 years ago. i should've considered that but yeah, i still didn't like that part that much.

and... i also guessed that you will be doing a sequel. YAY! i loved the epilogue btw. kai is really charming, that's why i love him. ah, so is there hope for kai and claire in the sequel? i've got my fingers crossed ;)

okay this is really long already. i'll shut up now.

ps. you should have named the fic "THE FLIP-FLOP" LOL JK. i'm your fan now :3
sugarapplesweet chapter 9 . 6/19/2009
Something told me Kai just wouldn't back down. After all, he's finally found himself a girl who'd turn him down, and that's probably just a new challenge in his life.

Not to mention another rivalry between he and Rick has been born. XD

Love the awkwardness between Rick and Claire at this point. It's nice to have an actual glimpse into a teenage love where the two involved aren't quite sure what's too little or too much. I envy you for being able to recreate that.

I'm very glad you're continuing this, though, and I'll look forward to reading the sequel for sure!

~ Peace and Love
sugarapplesweet chapter 8 . 6/19/2009
"To be honest, as first kisses go…it was kind of a dud" That... that just about made my night tonight. Then for her to kiss Rick? And find it so much better? What a wonderful twist!

Okay, now that the fangirling is over.

Although you were worried about it being anti-climatic, I felt Claire's secret was very realistic, and I could easily relate. She's young, and she made some mistakes. I personally feel sympathy for her because of that, too.

Yes, she was a little bitchy, but when you're whole world seems to come crashing down, especially at her age, it makes sense that she closed herself off.

That's what I like most about this story. It's something that we've all be through at teens- even if we all weren't accused of using drugs at that point in our lives.

~ Peace and Love
Gamerzgal chapter 9 . 6/19/2009
*squeals* A sequel! O *dashes to profile for more info*

I like the way this story ended, but you're right, there's WAY more to this entire story that I'd like to read, so you better make that sequel of yours!

Loved it, can't wait for more!

Miss Mingxi chapter 9 . 6/19/2009
ohmigorsh~ congrats on finishing itt! _ luved it :) ive sen rick in a new light! XD yay! a sequels! i cant wait! x] keep up the incredible work!~
RockMyHarvest chapter 9 . 6/19/2009
Wow! That was amazing, I loved the ending:D!
Lorelei547 chapter 9 . 6/19/2009
That last chapter and this epilogue, were just wow. Completely amazing. I was slightly worried about the beginning of that last chapter but you have pulled it off.

I can't wait to read the sequel and the fact Kai didn't give up on Clarie is amazing, I can't wait. Though I felt Clarie and rick were perfect together and was completely content with them there was something about how Kai reacted to Clarie talking about their kiss he was stuck he had to say he agreed. But now with the end of summer and with out any regret he can come out about it and leave Clarie with more feelings than just for Kai.

I'm really interested where Popuri will come on in the sequel and where she'll end up and the already tension between Rick and Kai plus this it's promising to be a great story.

Soo I've written a lot and i could go on and on, but one you've inspired me to go update some of my fictions and two this is getting way to lengthy. So over all this was completely wonderful I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for you to get up that sequel!

Good Job. (:
lovethemdonuts chapter 8 . 6/19/2009
omg you updated! YAY! i never expected this would be the final chapter, so this story ends so abruptly, and it was just getting so good. no. T.T i haven't read it yet because i have something to do right now, but i'll read it, just give me a few hours and tell you what i think about it!

omg! i'm trying so hard NOT to peek at the updates but i'm having such a hard time, the words just jump out at me. i'll read this later, i promise. oh yeah i'm congratulating you already for such a lovely fic ;)
Miss Mingxi chapter 7 . 6/18/2009
HOLY SHIZNIT! WAW claire let...KAI KISS HER? holy motherfudgingcrap. _

and i cant believe i just read this chap. today o-o i guess ive been busy lately.

anyway great chap. as always! AND OMFG POPURI SAW THEM _

thta's gotta be insane for claire . now she gotta like explain it to her or osmthin _ keep up the awesome work!
Ekoaleko chapter 7 . 6/15/2009