Reviews for Barmaids Tell The Truth
Marie Allen chapter 2 . 2/15/2015
Ah, I really enjoyed this. And read it the very early AM after Valentine's Day. I also am not a believer in expressing love for your significant other and laughed in common thought with Kagome's explanation of the day being a guy's creation. ;)

And I enjoyed that it wasn't disgustingly mushy, as most V-Day stories are.
Wenchster chapter 2 . 10/13/2014
THIS IS THE CUTEST PIECE OF FICTION I EVER DID SEE! Well, Kikyou might have not been my favourite part, but she wasn't all bad in the end, just wall that needed to be hopped over. And that was accomplished, THANKGOD! Can you please write more InuYasha/Kagome romance stories? Your writing and story concepts are inspiring and breathtaking!
J Luc Pitard chapter 2 . 3/16/2014
Interesting story. Inuyasha was right not to tell Sango Kagome's name. Instead of it being a yoga classmate, it was her favorite bartender. Still could be awkward. Anyway, found this amusing. You can bet that Kikyou would cry and keep a vendetta against the holiday. A friend had her marriage break up on that day. Yeah... she doesn't celebrate it, either.
kirr1001 chapter 2 . 7/1/2011
Most be the best Valentine's day fic ever, nothing too Inuyasha was a total jerk by calling Kikyo's name as he was kissing Kagome and then he thought confused that maybe she wasn't isn't he always a jerk? I'm happy that you ended their story happily and I can't help but wish for a small sequel... xD
xXthenextbookwormXx chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
Imagine Koga's face! Much amusements... Okay, after that tidy mood kill, on to the squeeing! This was very good, I applaud, and squee excessively. Thanks for this.
FemaleSherlock chapter 2 . 3/3/2011
That was great oh great one (smirk)
XxInume-TakahashixX chapter 2 . 2/17/2011
LMao Aprils the best time! Haha and I hate VDay btw its soo stupid I loved Kags out take on it!

Great Story!
SleeplessInsanity chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
Awww such a cute story
Sango The Lecher Slayer chapter 2 . 8/24/2010
Just found this story again. It's wonderful.
BlueFireIce chapter 2 . 5/3/2009
Epic story! This was an awesome, epic story! I loved it _ And now it is on my favorites list!
kagomesbutterflyfeeling chapter 2 . 4/16/2009
Hiya! I’m sorry this took a while, but, thankfully, I have been able to scratch out some of the very precious (and little) time I have free these holidays so I can FINALLY review you’re second chapter (or would it count as a sequel?) of this brilliant story I have come to love so very much. Oh, by the way, I read your profile (as stalker-ish as that may sound) and I simply adore your attitude! I feel much the same way as you do about everything! Maybe not identically, but mostly so, especially when it comes to Kikyo. Anyways, chat about that another time, I am here to ramble on about how marvellous of a chapter (I’m just going to call it that to save myself the confusion) you have posted for us all to indulge and be caught up in! I’m glad you went with the decision to write more to it, like I remember you were deliberating last time I reviewed and I think you went with the right choice, sometimes it’s best to answer all questions, and I REALLY wanted to see what would come of the whole Inuyasha and Kagome relationship and see how things ended with Kikyo. And if you want an applause, you just earned yourself one *starts clapping* if I had more hands this would be SO much more impressive *shrugs* Oh and I love the timing of this, somehow I find the best Valentine’s Day oneshots come after the day itself, better than giving the commercial businesses what they want. Wouldn’t it be more special to set up your own, personal Valentine’s Day? That’s what I would do...if ever I felt like bothering to do something like that. That felt so awkward to write...I didn’t think the characters were that OCC, especially when you take in the situations and circumstances they are in, I mean, Sango’s pregnant so it suits her even more so that she would take on a more maternal role for her friends, rather than the sister role she has and the only person I would say that was a little out of it was Miroku, who was really away or asleep most of the time, so, you have your excuses and reasons, and I like them. The Kikyo-bashing was much appreciated, though I liked the first chapter more in that regards since there was a larger amount of it (her tearing my favourite couple EVER apart does not put her in the good books, but, like you, I find she brings about much interesting and sweet situations between the two once all the angst has past, much like Koga does, but if the claypot ever does die, I will be rejoicing, maybe even throw a party...hmm...). Just curious and because I only noticed it now, how long was this anyways, very kind amount of a gift you gave us, and no, I am not complaining, I’m actually really thrilled with it. I was so caught up with the story I didn’t even pay attention to the length, it just flowed so well! Written exceptionally and with that dry humour and attitude in there at points, something I really am fond of and makes the read all the more entertaining to read, and likeable. So nice job, for someone who didn’t have much of an idea where she wanted to go with this, you’ve done a fine job, and even if you did have it all planned out, you’ve done so well that I am actually still applauding you as we speak. Now I’ll move on from here and continue with my more specific review!

That beginning was so powerful, and I liked the discreet analogy of them meeting several lifetimes ago, because that made me connect it with the Feudal Era. It was powerful and filled with strong emotions and I really got what was going on in Inuyasha’s head (not much, heheh). Of course I could have slammed my laptop on the ground when Inuyasha murmured Kikyo’s name (but I’ve done it once before and leapt after it, ending up with top half on the floor with my legs still on my bed and the laptop plonking me in the back of the head). The idiot, but that was so typical of him that I can move on from it all, I mean, it all ended well anyways (do I sound like I am trying to reassure myself here?). I liked the reactions, if you want to use that description, afterwards, the varying emotions Kagome felt and Inuyasha just feeling pathetic and angry at himself for causing that to happen to her. Thanks to you I had a dream that night of the monster called self-hatred and the poison called silence and me playing poker at a table, them cackling away as I glared at them for what they did, random, I know, but at least I won the game and kicked their figurative asses! Whoo! Ahem, moving on, yeah, you know someone is losing it when they laugh humorously in a situation such as that, kind of scary, and yet I started laughing as well, which, as you can imagine, scared the hell out of my mum who was sitting next to me watching TV. She’s probably taken the phrase ‘expect the unexpected’ to the point of being paranoid now. And damn him and the fact he had a damn girlfriend, although I do like how that played out, I’m nothing if not sadistic...and sarcastic. It was a new experience for me to read Kagome so desperate for a drink, and it was a very realistic aspect that I enjoyed reading, yeah, there’s some of my sadism right there, very mild form of it however. Is it just me, or were both Inuyasha and Kagome trying to pin the blame on someone else, and then got all depressed because the guilt went back to them? The way love works, seriously, it hurts before it gets better, or so I have only seen so far.

Gosh, I wish I could fully describe my desire to have been there to witness the face of shock Inuyasha had when Sango came right out, after he got back to their place, and asked him Kagome’s name. Priceless! Ah well, I got the main image thanks to you, so I’m content with what I have, but oh boy, if ever I had a camera on me...Do you think everyone who is pregnant is that full of wisdom, or is this just an exception for Sango, ‘cause I wouldn’t know, despite the fact a lot of people around me in my life that I interact with one way or another were expecting either last year or are even now, but I never really took the time to find out for myself? So, was it something you just decided, or is it from personal experience, or was it not the fact that Sango was with child at all? Such a mystery, it makes me think of a story idea actually, you know, all the problems Sango could solve while she was pregnant, makes me laugh at the thought. The moment with Sango explaining what she thought of Miroku the first time they met and all kept me amused, and then when Inuyasha got all hesitant about answering her question about the girl’s name, because really, the whole bantering in his head about her knowing the person, as an example, yoga, was downright hilarious, especially because she isn’t in the shape to do it. Silly boy. Hehe and more mentions of Feudal Japan down the bottom! Loved and adored that touch, very nice and classy. So wait, Inuyasha’s making a list of people who tell the truth now? That would be very interesting...

Being royalty of those with hangovers gives you a crown? Wow, I would never have thought so, and to see a now-past drunk Kagome was definitely something I enjoyed reading about, again, in the sadistic manner of mine. Kanna’s phone call was...weird, but in a good way. I’m still trying to work out how Hojo got a girlfriend though...and the whole batch of comments coming out of Naraku’s mouth to KANNA really made my stomach lurch, ugh, the thought of it now makes me sick, that’s not something I EVER want hear in a phone call, especially when you are getting over a hangover and conned into covering for someone at work. I just KNEW that Sango and Kagome were friends, there was that vibe about where these things were going, at least I was getting them, my intuition has its on-again off-again moments, the useless thing. Boy, it must have been entertaining from Sango’s point of view to hear two sides of the same story from two friends of hers who didn’t know the other knew her. Wow, trying saying that ten times fast *blinks* Anyways, it was quite amusing on my part to read Kagome feeling odd and suspicious about how Sango seemed to have already heard the story, when I already knew the answers as to why! Yeah, I’m very mean; I take pride in that for some unfathomable reason. She did an awesome job at comforting her though; speaking pretty much from the mouth of the guy to her, though Kagome won’t know that till later on when she finds out Sango and Inuyasha are friends, heheh. The whole break-up went so smoothly, like Inuyasha, I was severely surprised and freaked out. I can definitely see why Inuyasha would feel all the more bad about it all, having the ideal breakup and all and so see the shine in which he first went out with her for, but stuff that, at least he was free! Yeah, aren’t I romantic? Well when it comes to Inuyasha and Kagome, I am!

Yuka got on my nerves for a moment then, I guess it was because I took her seriously when she implied Koga was there by using the word “boyfriend”, guess it reminded me of the Hojo thing in the series. I cannot put it into words the smirk I had on my face and how dang pleased I was at Kagome’s attempts at avoiding him though, she makes me proud, though she did give in, but that’s alright, because of what happened afterwards, -. It’s amazing, and ironic, that she was able to realise that she loved Inuyasha right as he walked through the door, but thus the awesome powers of being the one writing the story, go to love it, right? I couldn’t help the ‘suck-it-in’ grin I got once Kagome walked away, completely unseeing of Koga and his presence to go talk to Inuyasha, I mean, seriously, that was AWESOME! And Inuyasha’s stumbling was just so cute! I would have loved to seen Koga’s reaction afterwards, but the kiss was the best possible ending, I LOVED it!

Well, I loved this chapter, it was well written and the plot was extraordinary. Keep up all your great work, as I know you will and I hope to hear from you soon!

Till next time,

Have fun!

kagomesbutterflyfeeling
EmilyLTeague chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
aww this was really good
toffeecakesxox chapter 2 . 4/11/2009
so cute & Inuyasha/Kagome-esque, definitely.

and, anyways, punctuality is so overrated.

-toffeecakesxox.
BoredGirl17 chapter 2 . 4/10/2009
OMG I want more this could be a story, what happens after that
UsagiMoon2627 chapter 2 . 4/10/2009
You know... I LOVED IT! even in fucking April...LMAO... I'm not one for V-day, never have been... seeing how someone had broken up with me 2 days before the holiday before. And now that I'm married/single, I hate the holiday even more. So, great job and I will totally be adding this one to my favs.