Reviews for The Inevitable Dollhouse Approach
NocturnalRites chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
This really is a very intriguing concept. It would definitely explain his array of skills and abilities. Full marks for originality, that's for sure!

On the other hand, the idea that he's a fictional amalgamation of programs and not someone who's worked hard to be who and what he is jars me.

I have to be careful because honestly, I hated Dollhouse. (Okay, except for the second episode of the first season. *cough* Although I would have been really, really happy if Keeslar's character had shot Echo instead of vice versa.) Really broke my heart, because I am a Joss-loving Browncoat.

However, this is the kind of story that would have made Dollhouse watchable for me, so congrats - you did for me what Joss himself could not!

Thanks for sharing.
Kameka chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
aw nice. I like that Wendy pretty much decides she doesn't care, that he's still who he is to her. I definitely have to start watching BOTH shows lol
lotus0kid chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Ooh, very interesting, and not at all implausible. It would answer so many questions about MM's perfect Middleman-ishness. Good job!
The Blue Fenix chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Pro: it makes sense. He's certainly pretty enough to be an Active, and it's an intriguing way to explain his evasiveness about, well, everything. The story itself is deftly handled. I guess it makes sense that Ida as a robot would see nothing wrong in programming somebody.

Con: I have loathing for the whole Dollhouse concept and all who sail in her. Having now watched the only episode I really cared about (wink) I'm now only interested in them if they're going to have a story arc where all the staffers are brutally murdered (except maybe Echo's handler) and all the Dolls are rescued.
tptigger chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
The Middleman is a doll? Our Middleman.

I think you just made my head implode. (But no wonder he volunteered, with that identical twin. :)

I thought this was AU until it wasn't. You have studied Joss well. :)
trecebo chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Now there's a scenario to ponder. Scary, but...scary. It would explain a lot of things; however, I prefer the Middleman as he is-as Javi created him to be. Dollhouse Doll. *me shivers* Eerie.
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Oh excellent crossover idea.