Reviews for Backstage 01: Point of Focus
Zarohk Korobase chapter 5 . 5/7/2013
Oh my god, how terribly ironic, that they didn't tell Joyce (or didn't know) that her focus was (which allowed her to do something that would bring back her daughter) was that nothing she did could. LIke an inverse of "Gift of the Magi" in only the most dark and wonderful ways. You did a great job on this one.
Summers-Girl chapter 6 . 8/2/2007
This is a really good story (I actually first read it a good while ago on JOYFFA and just found it by chance on FF today. Quite a happy. hehe- I really like this JtVS what-if edge and the way you did it was realistically written and suitably dark for an Anyanka alernate reality. and Joyce's mantra is really effective and so true to her character I think.
allie chapter 6 . 7/19/2004
Joyce the Vampire Slayer is not something I would ever have imagined possible, plausible, or enjoyable, but here she is - an entirely real character from second one (when I fully thought she was Buffy - great double meanings!) She was at once completely unfamiliar and totally recognizable. I could see how and why Joyce had become who she was (by the way, did you intentionally make Joyce into her own vengence demon of sorts? It was interesting.). I also found Joyce's little mantra to be very, very creepy, especially the way you slipped it in between the fighing. Kinda random side note: I wasn't sure whether or not Joyce remembered the Wish World. Not that it's crucially important to know; it's nice to wonder :)

Amazing how one tiny difference can change so many things. You changed a moment on parent teacher night and spiraled things way off in a different direction. From main characters like Giles and Willow and (duh!) Buffy to minor ones like Willy and Larry and Amy (a cheerleader?), it seems everyone's life was changed a little by Cordelia's altered wish. Which was excellent, by the way. Somehow I doubt it was what Cordelia had in mind when she made her wish, but it's definitely how Anyanka would grant it.

I just need to take a sec now and compliment your perfect sense of all the characters. It's completely brilliant and a little easy to take for granted, but it makes your story that much more wonderful to read. Cordelia's shallowness in the face of danger was terrific.

This review sheet is asking me to give constructive criticism, but I honestly can't think of a single thing to be improved - and I'm capable of being quite picky. Thank you for a great story!
Queen Boadicea chapter 6 . 1/13/2004
What can I say? This was one riveting story from start to finish and the ending was even better. The only thing I'm sorry about is that I didn't see what happened to Angel but that's a minor cavil.
Queen Boadicea chapter 2 . 1/13/2004
Amazing! Joyce as Slayer is a new twist and your Joyce as a lethal killing machine is startling, terrifying and utterly intriguing. I had no idea you would twist Cordelia's wish like this. It's fantastic and I'm going on to the next chapters right now.
I hope Joyce kills Spike, too. It's no less than he deserves. :)
tammy chapter 6 . 12/10/2003
thank you for the links to more of your stories. this one was fantastic! i love the concept of the alternate reality. i really felt all of the characters. joyce's emotions were just so real and raw. it was brilliant!
wouldntulike2know chapter 5 . 8/7/2003
finally an origonal fic giving that joyce character more development, great.
Lakrids chapter 6 . 2/20/2002
i liked it, a great twist of the au universe
Batgrrl chapter 1 . 1/4/2002
This deserves a review: excellent AU fic! Go Joyce! And thank you for being so very, very literate; your prose is a thing of beauty, especially here. Pleasant surprise; now I have to go and read your other fics!