Reviews for Rodney McKay was Dying A Vegas Tag Part 2
Moi chapter 5 . 12/4/2015
So loved this one as well. I really liked how concentrated on the struggle Sheppard has between fundamentally being a person who cares and desperately trying not to care. How he struggles with survivor's guilt and trying to stay away from others in an attempt to keep them safe from possibly devastating results of his possible actions. Absolutely lovely, especially as he still cannot stop to act because he still cares.
This Sheppard cannot be someone other than the man he currently is, damage and all, the sum of his experiences and all of his history. No miraculous 'recovery' to be 'a hero'. He himself does not see himself as one, which makes him so very human and actually hero-material (even though I resent the concept of hero-with-glory in general, but let's just use it for lack of a better description) BECAUSE of his inability to see it that way.
The dynamics O'Neill noticed are really sweet.
What a cliffhanger. I hope talking to that other version of a Sheppard will help the Vegas Sheppard heal.
And on to the third part.
PS: In the infirmary you have John think he didn't wear military issued BDUs in 10 years. I believe you meant in 4 years, if he got kicked out four years ago.
sagey chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
so good and cant wait for more

angw chapter 5 . 4/21/2009
Oh interesting twist.
angw chapter 4 . 4/20/2009
Quick thinking on John's part and Rodney's contribution is a location beacon. What a way to escape.

But poor Radek...
BlondieChemGirl chapter 5 . 4/20/2009
I love your story - it has great potential. And the twist you've got going on is great. There are a couple of things though in your ch 5. O'Neill is spelled with "eill" and there are a couple of times you refer to him as Colonel and I believe he is a General in this AU. Other than that, this is a great story line and full of action. Thanks for the update. BlondieChemGirl
BlondieChemGirl chapter 4 . 4/10/2009
Okay, you've got me hooked. You have got an interesting story line here and I can't wait for where it is going next. You have got a good, clean writing style that is easy to read and paints the scenes well. Keep it up. Im looking forward to your next post. Thanks, BlondieChemGirl
highonscifi chapter 4 . 3/23/2009
Really, really enjoying this story! I was so thrilled to see a new chapter posted this morning!

And I loved John getting one over on Rodney with the hostage ploy-brilliant!
angw chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
Oh dear - John really needs that back up. Nice tension and I look forward to the next chapter.
The Watch Stander chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
I like this concept and was hoping someone would do a tag story like this. Just cause people don't leave reviews immediately doesn't mean the story isn't good. A lot of people wait till later chapters. Also some people only read finished stories and not WIP's. So that said, on with the story? I know I'm waiting for Sheppard to save McKay!

highonscifi chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
I am really enjoying your story! It makes me wonder if the show would have continued the adventures of the alternate Rodney and John if the series had gone a couple more seasons, but it's fun to read a possible continuation of the story line thanks to you!
angw chapter 2 . 3/13/2009
I'm sure this will motivate Sheppard and hopefully with this experience he will overcome his fears.