Reviews for Their Final Moments
mom calling chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Since I haven't played any of the games, some the references went over my head, I'm sure. But the pathos of their dying comes thru for fleshing out these 3 people, about whom I know very little outside of fanfiction and the scraps from AC etc. mc
Kattzia chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
Oh wow, I love your monologues! These are just so emotional, so nice. The way you built them up and linked them in was amazing too!
Kaj-Nrig chapter 3 . 3/10/2009
I have this contradictory relationship with tearjerkers. I hate reading 'em, but I have a feeling that I write 'em all the time.

Not that I hate this triplet of soliloquies, of course. It's very well-written and everything. I see the emotional response it's meant to generate. I just... blah, y'know? I'm a bore that way.

I think you did everything right in writing this fic except for possibly succumbing to some of the cliches of the genre.

...but even that's not really anything to be fussy about, because the cliches of the genre are simply the tried-and-trues of the genre.

So, I suppose, the only real thing I have to say here is that it was an enjoyable read.

Good job, and keep it up.
Glaurung II chapter 3 . 3/10/2009
This was the one which surprised me most, because I always thought that Biggs had awaited his end like the others.

Sad fict, but a good one.
heaven-monument chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
My sincerest condolances on the passing of your grandfather. I hope you feel better...

Anyway, to the fic. While you don't normally write from dying people's points of view, this isn't bad at all! Jessie-Cloud is cracky and heartbreaking at the same time.

And I must apologise for leaving for a while, I got myself a Livejournal and am now stuck in the FFXII fandom. My only escape is writing... it's a catch-22 from hell.

Anyway, lovely work. Can't wait to see more.

8.5/10

HM
Glaurung II chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Sorry to hear that your grandfather died. All my grandparents died years ago, so now I have none. I'm not going to say all the cliché words, for it is sure that you heard them enough already.

Good point of view of the story. These trio are forgotten too often, and they played an important role in the game.

Keep on!