Reviews for Lies of Omission
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
this was really good.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I love this! What a wonderful story about Elizabeth and what she went through during those ten years. The last line of each segment always somehow brought shivers to my back. Because she is telling the truth. Just not all of it. I loved the scene where Elizabeth meets Jack again. Even though they don't say anything to each other, that bittersweet reunion truly touched me. Elizabeth's answer to little Will when he was asking about his father was truly heartbreaking, with the way Elizabeth said it, it could be interpret different ways. The ending nearly had me crying in joy because Will finally returns and meets with his family, noting that one day may not be much but it can make all the difference.
immortal7 chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
This was a nice touch. It actually helps ease the hate that the final scene of the movie brewed inside of me. I took that last moment of camera time with disgust since I knew Jerry had place it there just so he could some day push a new adventure and trilogy on us with Elisabeth's and Will's son.

I felt like Elisbeth's character was destroyed right there. After three movies worth of seeing her evolve in to the "King" of pirates. A woman that would and did send people to their deaths for her own purposes become just another stereotypical time period woman who sat at home day in and day out staring at the sea for her love to come home. It just got to me on how suddenly she became just so dependent of Will that the fact that her past actions became irrelvant. It hit me much the same as the end of the Harry Potter saga, but alsa that is a completely different topic.

Yet seeing her in a way as bitter and cynical as Jack actually helps. Kind of sad in a way. While I still don't like the idea that she basically becomes stagnat like she does, even in this fic. It aslo feels more realistic than the ending of the movies. She becomes much of what she hated to make sure her son has a decent life. I wonder what she will do when her son grows older and leaves, as she grows old and Will never ages. As all her scarifces come crawling back to her since in the end she truely doesn't have much to show for the pain.

Well I think I've talked your head off enough. Once again love the stories till next time later. I7
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
This was a really wonderful read, with very lyrical writing! I'm surprised no one else has reviewed this yet, it's absolutely wonderful!

All the sections in this have some wonderful qualities, while also being very circular, ending with, "It is the truth. Just not all of it." You've managed to wrap an entire ficlet around the idea of their being something more to all of their actions and now we're being told to read in between the lines, so to speak. Wonderful idea.

"And then Jack nods, a faint bob of the head. It’s almost as though he understands.

He always was an odd one."

Love this little description Jack from Elizabeth's POV, says a lot about the man in very little. ;) We all do love our Captain Jack.

"As Will said to her ten years ago during those first fateful twenty-four hours, one day might not be much. But it all depends on the day.

And that is the truth."

Wonderfully strong ending. It really shows the bond between both Will and Elizabeth.

Great work here, love! Hope to see more soon!