Reviews for Stars Misaligned
EmptySky chapter 11 . 5/8/2009
To say it up front, I enjoyed reading this story, but I have to say that maybe it would have been a tad bit better if you not only had titled it “Part I Robin/Don” in this little menu bar, but on the front page as well. But that’s just such a minor detail there. I like that you’ve split the story like that, so we get to read both Robin’s and Don’s point of view, or at least the focus on them and what they’re experiencing there. It’s a pity we don’t get to see Don meeting Robin’s parents on the show, I bet that would have been interesting to see how that’s developing ;) The interaction between the two was rather cute, despite most of it happening on the phone at the beginning. Robin all worried that Don might miss the dinner, and Don being completely beat from work and still trying to be there. It was a long way until the meeting could finally take place, and despite all the drama I had to laugh quite a few times. He just did have bad luck there. I enjoyed reading your story very much.
Ninjatweety chapter 11 . 4/7/2009
I really enjoyed this story...poor Don, I was actaully laughing out loud at some of the bad luck he had. And your Colby was hysterical. Loved this
Rinne chapter 11 . 4/6/2009
I greatly enjoyed this. There was a great sense of humour to it, and the relationship you've described between Colby and Don, and Don and Robin was perfect. I giggled so hard through out. Great characterisation, and great making an absurd number of bad events seem reasonable - and funny.

The only thing downing it a bit were typos and grammatical problems - a good beta would help.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 11 . 4/6/2009
I was so happy to see this final chapter and I have to say I enjoyed it as much as the rest of the story.

You did a great job with all the OC's - the whole setting at Robin's house had a warm family feel to it with that touch of tension between Liam and Don center stage. The baseball connection was absolutely inspiring.

Thanks so much for this lovely look at Don and Robin's relationship through a difficult time. I hope they make it, this time. And I hope to see more from you soon.
sapphiretwin369 chapter 11 . 4/5/2009
I absolutely loved the way you ended that! I was a little worried for Don at first, but I'm glad the fact that he played baseball won Robin's dad over! Nice job. :)
anon chapter 10 . 3/28/2009
This is fabulous. Perfect pace, wonderful characterizations and something that's so hard to blend: comic touches. Such a joy. Please write another story along these lines if you have time. It's hard to find a story here that I won't just skim these days and yours made me read, and now my impatience hopes you'll do something again very soon.
kevlar624 chapter 10 . 3/12/2009
I still want Don to meet Robin's parents. :P

I like the last line. :D

Nice story. I enjoy it.

And if you're making an epilogue for it, I'll be waiting.

Good luck with your term. :)
mjels chapter 10 . 3/12/2009
love it
Cris chapter 10 . 3/11/2009
I'd love to see Don meet Robin's parents, so I'm eagerly waiting for the epilogue! Thanks for this great story :-)
sapphiretwin369 chapter 10 . 3/11/2009
Loved it! It's a nice place to end and I liked the last line, but I hope you do an epilogue or something. Cause I really want to see Don meer her parents. :) Anyway, really nice story and well written ans I loved it!
sapphiretwin369 chapter 8 . 3/11/2009
Well you sure update fast!

Lol. Love how Colby asked if he broke a dozen mirrors. No spare? Aw! Poor Colby. He's having a bad day too.

"Don concluded, from his perch back on the ground, that no they did not in fact ‘have to be around here somewhere.’"

That line made me laugh. :)

And now they're locked out. Aw. Again, poor Colby. And now on to ch 9...
cflat chapter 10 . 3/11/2009
Good chapter (and story). And yes, I also would be interested in seeing Don meet Robin's parents (an epilogue sounds nice for that). You know, if you really think about it, Don has a sort of similar situation that Charlie had with Amita's parents(only different and, hopefully, less hostile) cause Robin's parent's aren't too trilled with Don's career choice like Amita's parent's weren't thrilled that Charlie wasn't born in India.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 10 . 3/11/2009
Nice wrap up, but I definitely would like to see him meet her parents. I think it would complete the storyline and this has just been so much fun to read, I would like to see more of it. I certainly understand about real life issues, so knowing the epilogue is in the works will satisfy me. I'll be watching for it. Well done.
QuickenMyEnd chapter 9 . 3/11/2009
*snort* I'm not sure bad day even begins to cover it
mjels chapter 9 . 3/11/2009