Reviews for The Last Winter
Minirowan chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I don't get how the Kurama/Kuwabara and Shizuru/Yukina pairings would ever work and they make me slightly uncomfortable because of the weirdness, but I'm thankful you included them. The comedy you wrote up because of them was gold! I literally laughed out loud a few times while reading, which reminds me, I find it funny that Inuyasha and Hiei would ever get along but I can kinda see how it would work given the similar backgrounds.

I would love to know what Kagome did to Hiei to make him back off during the ambush, maybe it would make a nice one shot? Also, while I would love a more in depth plot and reason as to why the world went to hell, this was a great story and very well written. There needs to be more of this stuff out there.
GeEKy-nERd chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
That threw me for a loop. O_o; But well written. I enjoyed that post-apocalyptic world. Very nice. Good job!
alexanndria chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I was worried because I don't like cross-overs and I especially don't like Inuyasha. But this made me a believer! It was so amazing. And even though you know what was going to happen I was still interested! The mark of a talented story teller. I loved it!
torsui chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
okay. team dynamics are always fun (kuwabara/inuyasha/kagome and tantei both), asskickingly competent kuwabara is awesome, after the end of the world scenarios are likewise fun, and the reunion scene(s) made me squeak happily. also, i lawled HARD at yuusuke's 'ten minutes. go.' and the implications of what went down between kagome and hiei.

one does have to wonder what koenma had to say about all of this. also the ferrygirls; was botan not able to cross physically into the human world?
Ranuel chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
When I came across the first YYH/IY story I'd seen a couple of years back I was excited. Two of my favorite shows, with universes that matched pretty well, this was going to be good! Except it wasn't and the vast majority of the ones I've seen since range from forgettable to painful excuses to turn Kagome into the town bicycle in two fandoms. Once in a while I'll find something really good that keeps me giving the concept a shot and THIS is one of those stories. You've made really good use of the characters, you've got a creative and well thought out plot, and even though some of the pairings aren't to my usual taste I like them in context. I would love to see more stories in this setting it has a lot of potential.
baylop chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I'm not much for crossovers, but this worked really well. Everyone was spot on. I enjoyed this a great deal.
Nebelkind chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
This is a really nice story!

Pairou chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
An amazing and unique idea, and a very good ending! I love the way you portray Kuwabara and Kurama, I never liked the idea of them together before I started reading your writing.
the blanket chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Satisfying. Amazingly so. In the span of your fic, you make me ship KuwaKura. :)
FantasticalFish chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
They way you captured everyone in a post apocalyptic setting was wonderful! Each character was in character and it just made this fiction more awesome that it was a crossover. However, I would have liked to see how Kuwabara, Inuyasha, and Kagome found one another.
Jane Doe 616 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This is very very interesting. I've never seen a crossover between Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho like this. Although I can say I'm kinda comfused about the time era there in. They are in the present correct? And where are the rest of the Inu Gang? Did they die or will you explain this sometime later in the story? Besides being kind of confused this is very good. I love you style of writing and you are one of two people who's yaoi I ACTUALLY read w/o feeling...idk dirty or sumthing like that or it just being complete and total crap. Please update soon but I think that you should clear some of the comfusion if you dont intend to. Maybe give a more in depth summary in the beginning of the story. Oh another thing I like about this so far is that its long _ thats like every Book/Story Nerds dream a good long well written book lol well please continue the story and I feel like your foucusing moreon Yu Yu Hakusho but I'm not sure if that was intended. I think i should get more from Inuyash and Kagome and so far those are the only characters that I have seen from that anime and now I'm repeating myself so I'm gonna go now buh bye please update I love it. _
The Violent Tomboy chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Well, this is definitely one of the better IY/YYH-es. Inuyasha's not a back-stabbing jerk, Kagome's not a Mary Sue, Kuwabara isn't incompetent, and well, you know.

I liked it. Perhaps the Kurama/Kuwabara scene threw me off a bit, but all in all, a good story.
loretta537 chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
this was good for a one shot, however i think it would be better as a chapter story.

in the first few chapters you could go on about how kagome, inuyasha, kuwabara, genkai, ect met; what happened before and when they evacuated; the first year or two of setting up the village with the people dying, old folks starving themselves for the children, the yakuza, bandits and raids.

you could then skip ahead to where kazuma, kagome, and inuyasha are looking for the mirror, first have genkai tell them about the mirror, their going to find it, genkai telling them about the power to the south and more about her funeral, a chapter about genkai talking to koenma in the afterworld would be nice. more on the hunt for the demons and more about what happens afterwards. having kurama grow a years food for everyone, hiei chopping wood, and other chores would be nice, the three demons reunion with their families.
leoparddancehotmail.com chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
This shit's funny as hell. :) Lovelovelove it.

The story flowed from one sceene to another okay, and the pacing was good, but it felt like you shortened something that was supposed to be longer. I dunno, that coud be wishful thinking on my part.

I like how even though it was post-end of the world, you didn't focus on thatYakuza so much as you did on the people. Realy, that's what makes your writing so great I think, is that you can bring across character with a vivaciousness.

Also, you don't just go wham, bam, perfect everyone is okay and sticking together. They have to struggle and live with not knowing if people they care about survived. The little imperfections of them strugging make it both heartbreaking (or gleeful if you're a sadist) and realistic.

Fried rodent...Yakuza buddies... How do you take something I love and make me love it more? :D (Kuwabara is my favorite character for being awesome and not perfectly beautiful, and it makes me tingle to read people writing him as not only an important person, but his point of veiw.

Although, I do wonder what happened with the well, or Kagome's family..
hragaman chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Oh, my, I just love how you write Kuwabara "