Reviews for The Next Step
HarrylovesGinny09 chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Great story!
Reader101w chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Aw, what a cute story.

Good to see that Hana and Joey are learning from their family's mistakes.

Keep up the very good writing that you do,

Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
after reading your latest fic, thought I'd go through and happened on one I missed. Nice to see Hana and Jojo managed to avoid Kim/Ron and Drakken/Shego's rough starts in their relationships.

Good stuff Wavey, this one's goin in my faves.
soulman3 chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Another nice one.

I think i'm going read it again.
James MacPherson chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
I had a very busy and chaotic week but I finally have time to review now.

I enjoyed the chapter and the banter that was within. I just love banter like that. Hana and Joey seemed like Ron and Kim when it came to their feelings for each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hana was trying to get Lisa and RJ together. Now he has his mother to worry about. This will not be good for RJ for a long time. I wonder how long it might take to get those two together?

It's about time we get to find out what RJ and Dawn are like. You've been toying with us about them for a while now.

I wonder what the next story is about? I'll wait and see.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
A couple of rare (for you) typos here, but still another highly entertaining look at the future of the Kim Possible extended family. The banter between the two once Moodulated couples was the highlight among the many sweet, funny moments in this story. (And man, would I like to see an extended look at that Drew/Sheila moment following "Graduation" - just cut away before it leaves PG-13 territory!)
Katsumara chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Hey! Welcome back waveform, and boy did you come back with a bang. Not only did we get backstory on Hana and Joey's budding relationship, but we got to finally get a look at Kim and Ron's kids.. RJ and Dawn. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Definitely worth they wait. Dawn's way of answering the phone was just too cute for words, and RJ seems great as well. Red and dirty blonde hair, both with green eyes, freckles.. sounds like an adorable family.

Either way, I can't wait for more of your work, waveform. We missed ya! This is a good pre-birthday present for me most definitely. My b-day is March 6th, so I'll just thin this is a present. xD Keep it up!
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
WF I tried to read and review this morning, but didn't have time before the salt mine called. Now I've had my chance. Great story, I like the way you keep the ARC going. Kim and Ron are IC and so are Shego and Drewbie. Though I still don't see Barkin, the former Marine, as being a sniveling coward. It just doesn't feel right. I know a lot of ex-Marines and none of them cringe at the sight of nine foot tall aliens.

Larry (Sentinel 103)
Shrike176 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Glad to see another story from you. Given that Hana and Joey's lives never had a chance at normal lives, it's nice to see them at least start a relationship in the normal way. That said, given the periodic references you make to DNAmy carrying around the Monkey Fist statue, I had an image of Amy kidnapping Hana and trying to drain her powers to revive Monty; followed by Joey saving her and admitting his feelings. All in all, your way was definitely better.

Nice to get a closer look at RJ and Dawn, seem like nice kids. Definitely not the type to go supervillain. :)

Nice to see Barkin providing a bit of continuity for this universe. A supervillain might reform; but once a petty tyrant, always a petty tyrant. Though his last "order" to Joey makes him look like an exceptionally pathetic tyrant. If I were Joey I'd be tempted to tell Barkin to just get over it, it's been almost TWENTY YEARS!

I realize how difficult it must be to reveal little bits about the past in each future story, to avoid writing yourself into a corner. Now that you've made it clear Yori is still around (I assume that was Hana's other sister); it would be nice to see what she's been up to in the past sixteen years. It seems like each story provides a little clue for a future story.

Great work, I'd hoped to congratulate you on your many awards by the time you posted your next story; as it is I'll repeat my earlier good luck!
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
The wheel turns again, this time for best friends even more different that the first time. When they finally stop fumbling around they make some interesting discoveries about each other.

I continue to like your portrayal of Shego, sorry Sheila. She still has the snarky attitude and the sarcastic comebacks but underneath, she’s a caring mother and wife. It’s a balancing act you do well. Drew is Drew no matter where or what he does. But here he does show signs of being more that the object of his wife’s barbs.

It’s about time we see Kim and Ron’s kids as well. They look like they’re a handful. But then again, what would you expect from those two considering who their parents are.

Will we be seeing more of this future or maybe a return to the newly married Kim and Ron adventures? I await a team up of Kim and Shego on some adventure so they can complain about their husbands annoying habits.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Cute little tale of another generation coming full circle with their friendship, closing a loop and starting an arc of their own.

Nice mix of both groups and their histories around how each one's 'rents got together, or took their first steps.

Hana and Joey are in bloom. I wonder what their would-be suitors will do now. Then there are the other family members of the Stoppables and Lipsky's out there, near there...

More of this to come from the younger ones too, I guess?

So, the whole Fast Track Arc was just a ploy to write for the following generation...? LOL!
daccu65 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
You're certainly pushing the Stoppable/Lipsky friendship to dating thing. Interesting how you have them mimicking Kim and Ron. All in all, an enjoyable story. Maybe Hana and Joey set Debbie and Brett up. They both seemed like friendly kids.

Keep writing.