Reviews for Backstage 09: Hell Hath No Fury
Sabrinasidd chapter 3 . 2/15/2006
One of my favourite aadler stories
Sabrina chapter 3 . 6/7/2005
This is (as I have mentioned before in another story review) one of two of my favourite fics Aadler has turned out. And considering how very much I adore his other fics, thats really no small compliment ;)

The challenges were amazing. I loved the fact that each test was filled with such excitement and action-packed suspense. Yet at the same time, each of the three challenges was designed to test the determination, cunning and general sneakiness of the character. Although quite exciting, not a single one of the challenges was a simple matter of applying appropriate muscle and brawn against a target... The challenges (and the way Cale managed to overcome them) spoke volumes about his character and personality. This made every little gesture, descision and word conveyed by Cale just SO personal and important... which is no small wonder considering the reason he undertook the 'mission' in the first place :P

Of course we were ALL completely taken aback when Cale's real identity was finally revealed. I was one of those people who kept imagining a severely love-struck Spike wandering through the underworld trying to find his beloved. And like most of Aadler's other stories, the ending couple of paragraphs just knocked me right off my chair in shock. i just LOVE that about the backstage series. They set up a scene, only to completely knock the feet right out from under you ;)

However... and let me stress that this story is absolutely grand, wonderful and I cannot imagine a thing that needs to be changed... BUT, unlike your other backstage stories, this is the only one that doesn't seem like it would fit along smoothly and seamlessly in canon Btvs... Its just that... Cale leads Buffy out to the 'aboveworld', but then he disappears without a peep, murmer, complaint or challenge?
Jedi Buttercup chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
I enjoy all of your stories, of course; they're very well written, and I've never seen anyone else bring back minor B:tVS characters as well as you do. But you've heard all that before. So I'll just point out one of my favorite lines of yours ever, from this story: "BEWARE OF DOGGG." Hee!
Lakrids chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
Damn i thought it was spike until the end. To the person who did not knew who cal was, check season 4 episode 2,3. That bastard

Hell do not know the fury, of a man scorned :)
Tate Shepard chapter 3 . 1/20/2002
Who is it? Argggggghh... WHO IS IT?
FoolIV chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
Huh. Well, that was left-field. Well-written, well-structured, clever. The identity of the protagonist was a little far-fetched - OK, a lot far-fetched - but supported by the rest of the story. Solid work.
Kat the Mad Platypus chapter 3 . 12/10/2001
holy crap that was good. the pomegranet juice in the first chapter, then tying it in with the persephone myth in the third chapter was brilliant. i loved the way you gave the orphues myth a modern twist. i THINK ive figured out who everyone is, but im not 100 % sure. buffy is the girl and xander is cale? anyway, please keep on writing, this was incredibly good.
WanderLost chapter 3 . 12/9/2001
Duuude! Of course, I figured out who it was during the third trial. But the attitude at the end... that was f*cked up, right there. Heh, I loved it! :-)
eva chapter 3 . 12/9/2001
Oh yea. Hell Hath No Fury was one satisfying fic. Very clever and well-written. Not so crazy about the ending and finding out who Cale really was... but the writing and creativity more than made up for it.