Reviews for Synergy
Joryuu12 chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
I had the same sense. I think there was a reason to give them the biological connection of cousins, and I think it was intended, in part, to give them a closer relationship that might have played the ying and yang of each other through the series. While I loved the books from beginning to end, I often wished KA had not utilized the ghostwriters. I felt they didn't quite capture what she initially intended, in some aspects. As for these snippets, I loved them. Great insight into their minds and their possible connection.
xTsukuyomii chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Love it! This was beautifully written, and I think you characterized everyone really well. This really explores the relationship between Jake and Rachel, along with being meaningful. Great job on this! Please keep up the good work!
Musafreen chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Opinion seconded. I always liked the Jake-Rachel bond. Equal opposites, like you said. And in my mind, they were always pretty close...

Not bad.
Viridian Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Beautiful. Jake and Rachel are perhaps the strongest characters in the series, and to have their 'dissimilar' strenghts joined together in a fic like this makes the story powerfully moving.

Yes, I do agree that Applegate might have wanted them to have more than 'we're-cousins-but-we-can-barely-stand-each-other' relationship, and if that would have happened I would be a lot more pleased.
EchoValley26809 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I love exploring relationships that are all too often neglected in fandom and canon. This is one of the best I've ever seen.
Whirlwind Daze chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Hey! (I like to address the authors personally) You DID go over 500 words! CONGRATS! I would like to suggest editing because until the end, I re-read it because I was confused.
Riza-san chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Yeah, I agree. I feel that once the ghostwriters stepped in the bond between Rachel and Jake was almost non-existent.

But this, like always, was very beautifully written and very descriptive. It's really hard to actually describe what is so effective in the style that you write in. It just is. ;D

This one is going straight on my favorites.