Reviews for Talking without Words
enchantedsleeper chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Brilliantly written and wonderfully characterised :D I would love to read a Dean half of this fic, about Dean reading Sam's feelings on the deal he'd made whilst trying not to show too much of what he felt himself. Introspection is the best and these boys have such broody, adorable minds :D
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Amazing! ahaha

Yeah, Dean talks too much and usually don't say nothing at all... Nothing that matters, anyway.

I think that isn't even just his eyes, or the way he acts... That's all the little things he does that really are constantly making him who he is... I think that Dean's attitudes are made by the things he do and not just the things he say (Am I making any sense? ahaha Sorry for my bad, bad english lol)

Well, that's all I really liked the idea DD

See ya around

Rosetta
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Sam gets the whole ‘I’d do it again’ thing, appreciates it, kind of, maybe . . . but he doesn’t expect ‘I’d do it again’ to convert into ‘Hey it sounds like a brilliant idea, let’s go now.’

I thought was just brilliant - a very gentle story. Beautifully done.

Phoebe
rockyshadow chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Of course Dean would understand Sam's non-verbal communication better than Sam can his. Not only is Sam more open with what he's thinking, but Dean also had those years where Sam really was unable to communicate verbally and adapted accordingly. I think you did a very good job getting inside Sam's head for season three and you have a great grasp of both characters.
DangerousDiamondDarling chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Wow, really great job XD
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Very nice brother study. The non-verbal communication thing they do is pretty awesome. :)

Cute that Sam thought he was the one reading his brother when it's really a two-way street.

Enjoyed it a lot.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Oh, it is Dean with the communication problem arlight! The younger Winchester is merely way easier to read because it all shows on his face and in his eyes (even if he wasn't downright telling it at once) - and he doesn't spend half as much time hiding his feelings and thoughts as Dean does. Furthermore, his older sibling had had a bit of a head-start at 'non-verbally Sammy communication' back in the day. :-D

Lovely written introspective about how it's driving Sam crazy not knowing what's going on in his brother's head.
Eeyore08 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Another story! Dean does do a lot of nonverbal communication and I think you've portrayed that very nicely. I think your last sentence sums it up, Sam trying to understand Dean and Dean already understands Sam.
staceycj chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
That is definitely something JA does with his portrayal of Dean. He always makes most of Dean's thoughts nonverbal, and I think that is why we all have to watch the epsidoes like five or six times to fully appreciate the meaning of each episode. You captured that. go you!