Reviews for A Spoof from the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
camnstarr4eva chapter 35 . 6/17/2013
Shirley the shotgun rocks.

Fave line: "WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF FORESHADOWING" that cracked me up. I'm now debating whether to read till the end of the book or wait and now read chap by chap as you upload. I think I'm probably gonna wait for your chaps, which will make me useless for suggestions on how Ben should almost die, but I think will be a lot more enjoyable for me!
camnstarr4eva chapter 34 . 6/17/2013
I know what it feels like to have a years-long project, the nostalgia and embarrassment is immense when you look back at your early work :)

"No idea. I just tan." Genius. Should have mentioned this last chap. More foreshadowing of zombie apocalypse here? :)
camnstarr4eva chapter 33 . 6/17/2013
Good points raised here - is this really the most important mission Ben and Ned could be sent on by the angel? Especially since they are so well qualified for the important stuff? Lol. Nice Vanderdecken moment - I actually miss the bad guys at the start of the story! Just as well you have Regina. "Hello Wilf" was rather funny :)
camnstarr4eva chapter 32 . 6/17/2013
Ned's second reward! Haha, I'm getting a bit sadistic, but my favourite bits definitely seem to be when Ben is getting attacked. And OMG a talking dog! ;)
camnstarr4eva chapter 31 . 6/17/2013
This version is so much more exciting lol. All they did in the actual chapter is get together and dig! The vocabulary is amazing, but aside from that I'm pretty sure I'm only enjoying the book because each chapter I get to read you take the mickey out of it! (Sorry, I know you actually really like the book!)
camnstarr4eva chapter 30 . 6/17/2013
Are you planning to finish the story in total zombie apocalypse? :) Also I feel for the squirrel. That was not a nice place to fall in the food chain!
camnstarr4eva chapter 29 . 6/17/2013
Pink bath robe, face mask and nose pad lol, that was crackin'.

Wilf really should have read the book, that would have saved him a lot of suffering! I almost feel sorry for him, he's no challenge at all poor guy!
camnstarr4eva chapter 28 . 6/17/2013
Again, a million times more entertaining than the actual chapter. What was Edwin De Winn thinking of? How was the poor old lady supposed to find this stuff? The weird thing in all of this, is that the official book sometimes make the stuff that happens in your chapters seem more normal! Lol. Loved Ben's second to last line here btw.
camnstarr4eva chapter 27 . 6/17/2013
I like that you bypassed the whole St Peter's church thing, which was a totally messed up section, or deeply ironic, I'm not sure which! More suffering for Ben was much funnier :) About time Author got to make more physical contributions!
camnstarr4eva chapter 26 . 6/17/2013
How handy for Ben to have GPS and wikipedia, his general knowledge sucks! Haha. I love that in the book they decide that Luke must look left because Luke and left both begin with an 'L' - and then there's a lot of congratulation, despite the fact that its such a tenuous idea! Lol. Mrs Winn on her medication is much more amusing :)
camnstarr4eva chapter 25 . 6/17/2013
"It smelled like a clue so I, uh, sat on it" :D

Yay for more screen time for Author and Narrator! And very astute observation from Jon at the end lol.
camnstarr4eva chapter 24 . 6/16/2013
This is turning out to be some quest! They must have a massive queue of ppl who need help building up lol.

This chapter made me hungry. Aside from that the clue finding was highly amusing. And Narrator and Author never fail to be brilliant!

Calling a break here, but shall hopefully recommence soon!
camnstarr4eva chapter 23 . 6/16/2013
Aww Alex! I love how off the wall this chapter was. And Author is out of the fridge! He and Narrator need their own TV show fast. Ben is adorable for an old guy !
camnstarr4eva chapter 22 . 6/16/2013
You killed Alex! Lol, this version was much more violent than the book. What was with all the kids thinking Ben was a coward because he didn't attack Wilf?!
camnstarr4eva chapter 21 . 6/16/2013
I reckon that counts as 3 cakes for this chapter :)

Ben really does have SUPPA SPY SKILLS lol, that killed me. Seriously though, the whole Jon thing in the book was weird. This is such an odd story! Haha.