Reviews for Colloquy
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
A shame that we never got to see the repercussions of this episode... so well done and it deserved a coda like this one.
Methus 2 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
a goof little story, you should write more of these :)
Kevin Thomas Riley chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Another nice little scene/episode addition, this time showing the beginnings of TnT interacting in a more private way.

Still, it's been so long since I watched these season 2 episodes i'm uncertain if they at this point had progressed so much that Trip would readily accept counselling sessions with the Vulcan.

And typical of Archer to not do a damn thing himself to repair his shattered friendship with Trip, but jumps at the chance of having T'Pol do it. Oh, well...
The Dream Guardian chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I could really picture this happening and really enjoy that Jon felt guilt over his own actions and how he came down on Trip. The character interaction were well done and very believable. You write a wonderful and strong pieces.
blank101 chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Ooh, a new ENT one-shot!

This worked nicely in with canon; a great little moment which explains a lot. I liked that it was set around the dinner tradition; sometimes those kind of conventions are what hold people together when the going gets tough. Nice too that Jon's previous overreaction is given the context of his own thoughts and guilt here.

Really enjoyed it; everyone was beautifully in character - more so than the show was sometimes, I think!
Reanok chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Rigil Ireally liked your Cogenitor story and the fact T'Pol was concerned about Trip and decided to talk to Archer about her concern about him was well written. I wish they had explored this on the series it was a missed opportunity to see how Trip dealt with the strained friendship between him and T'Pol as wellI would have like to have seen further discussion of what happeneed with their frienship as well after this incident.
DinahD chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
There's a lot going on in this story. Where to begin? Let's start with T'Pol. This certainly lays the groundwork for closeness that began to develop between T'Pol and Trip in season 3. I liked the fact that T'Pol was willing to try to coax Trip into arguing with her. I wonder if she was having any second thoughts at this time. She did, after all, assure Archer that he'd done the right thing when he returned the Cogenitor. That, of course, was before the suicide. I don't think a Vulcan would second guess himself, but then T'Pol isn't a typical Vulcan.

I was a little surprised that Trip was still having dinner with Archer and T'Pol. I wonder if he was still doing it out of habit or if it was Archer's idea.

Archer, unfortunately, seems to be totally in character. He may think he wants to help Trip, but he isn't willing to do it himself; he sends T'Pol. Apparently, he did talk to Phlox about Trip. I guess that is something. But it all seems to hinge on his ability to acknowledge the part he played in this tragedy. He allows Trip to shoulder the whole burden, even though Trip's actions were totally in keeping with the example Archer had set. Maybe he feels that to accept partial responsibility would weaken his position as captain. He seems to want to forget it ever happened - Trip would be the same happy-go-lucky guy he used to be. With that kind of attitude, I don't see how a man could learn from his mistakes.

T'Pol giving Trip lessons on dealing with other species is really an excellent idea. Actually it's too bad that T'Pol and Travis were never called upon during the run of the show to help educate the crew on dealing with alien cultures.

I hadn't expected Archer to take notice of T'Pol's concern for Trip. If anything, that should have been a wake up call for him to begin paying more attention to the people in his crew. The last line was interesting: "It was a good thing that Trip had so many good friends." I wonder if Archer still counts himself as one of them? This was a thoroughly enjoyable story, Rigil. I'm glad you found it on your hard drive.
framework4 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Nice tale.
Lilith Kayden chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
A good chapter. Please Update soon.
FireWolfe chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I life this it is really well done. I can see Archer doing this. It is also a good reason for why Trip and T'Pol became closer. I never really saw a good reason in the show. T'Pol being asked to help Trip is logical. It is also good start to more then friendship. I am so glad you are writing Enterprise again. I have really missed your works.

blacknblue chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
You were kinder to Archer than he deserved. But it was a well presented vignette anyway. I wish he had used that incident as a learning experience the way Trip did.