Reviews for Race Against Time
KoffeeKat chapter 1 . 2/27
I have to say this is my favourite story by far. I couldn't stop reading it and haven't stopped thinking about it since I finished reading it.
Koffee chapter 7 . 2/27
Well my afternoon was taken up by this story and I don't regret it for a second, once I started I couldn't stop. You are amazing, thank you thank you thank you. Such a great ending to such a great story.
TheOneFreeWOman chapter 5 . 4/30/2014
Just a small review. Good story, just one thing. Chips ran from 15 September 1977 to 17 July 1983, of which the character Jon Baker was only in for the first 5 seasons. Now I am saying this because, if you are staying true to the time period then, in no way, could Bryan Adam's - '(Everything I Do) I Do it For You' have been their song as it was released in 1991 (June of that year if you want to be technical about it, for the sound track of Kevin Costner's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves movie). So in effect, if it is their favourite song, they are enjoying a song 14 to 8 years (going from 1977 to 1983) in the future.
ps9906 chapter 7 . 3/11/2010
A baby! Yea! I love all the emotion in your story. I'm glad it was finished when I found it. I don't think I could have waited until the ending. Good job!
Mylee chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Got to love the song! It's always been one of my favorites from the time period. Awesome chapter. Glad that they have been if only Jon can make it through. Poor Cassy. She's had an awful rough night of it, too. Love this story...will read more later...time for work!
Mylee chapter 4 . 2/8/2010
Oh, man! I wonder what happened to them during the night...and good for Jason for calling in the information, even if he is technically one of the bad guys. That's a good thing! Off to read the next chapter...
Mylee chapter 3 . 2/8/2010
Awesome've done a wonderful job with this story! I'm starting to have second thoughts about Jason...maybe he'll turn out all right in the end...we'll see! On to the next chapter!
Mylee chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
What an exciting chapter! I'm awful scared for Cassy, though...I hope she'll be okay and that Jason doesn't have anything planned for her. Glad that she's pregnant...know if only the two could get out of their predicament...excellent job!
Mylee chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Oh...there's a lot going on in this chapter! Very nice job! First of all...I wonder what is wrong with Cassy...big grin!...and then there's the bad guys and our favorite officers have been caught. Goodness...very exciting chapter! LOTS going on here! Excellent job!
fantasdancer chapter 7 . 8/13/2009
Just read your story all in one sitting. Honestly I haven't watched the series since it was on TV ages back but i remember being a besotted fan. This story bought back loads of memories. i think you write really well. Characters are just like i remembered them too Well done
DaynaWayna chapter 7 . 3/11/2009

And you are most welcome my dear. It was my privildge and honor to work on this amazing story with you. When I think back to the original 5 chapters this story was, and the complete lack of Butch and Company after they hit the mountains and compare it to the 7 amazing chapters I just read, I'm amazed. Awed. WOW. I know I gave a TON of suggestions (some stronger than others...), but I have to say that following my DEMAND to close the story arc of the Fearsome Foursome was the best thing you did in this story... followed closely by detailed descriptions (OMG Ricky's Crash! Insanely poetic and amazing!) and changing all those pesky 3rd person statements! LOL You created detailed, fully realized characters with their own quirks that drove the story as a whole and gave a deeper meaning to it as well. Your plot was mapped out well (and I'm not just referring to MY mapquest obsession, either) and unfolded wonderfully.

We certainly took our time working on this (9 months? yeesh!) but in the end it was a truly amazing story. You should be so very proud of yourself. This is your epic (so far) and you totally did it justice. Just the right amount of Angst and Drama and JonOuchies. :) And you spread the wealth between several characters, which was nice too. It's always good to see Bruce and Steve, Bonnie and Turner, and even Grossie. ::giggles::

And if I may once again point out the description of Ricky's crash... freakin' AWESOME! As the window was dropping its glass, so I was losing my teeth. Yeah, it was THAT good. And I noticed the little additions you made and they were PERFECT: Cass looking out the window and talking to the baby... I loved it! You did a phenominal job and I truly enjoyed the finished product. As Mdme. Morrible would say to Galinda and Elphie: Congratulotions! :D
DaynaWayna chapter 6 . 3/11/2009
Another awesome chapter, Karen! And I love the changes you made on your own. ::sniffles:: My baby is growing up! LOL

LOVED that bit with Steve and Cassy outside of Ponch's room... very touching and real. Your descriptions make everything so vivid and alive, it's amazing. This one was great as Dr. Burke is talking to the group:

-He took a moment as he glanced at each of them before continuing. The heavy set officer at the end was sitting perfectly still except for his right foot which he intermittently tapped on the floor, while the next two patrolmen were both fidgeting and looked uneasy, scared almost. He moved onto the pretty female officer who had a tight grip on her friend’s hand, or was it her sister? Friend or sister either way his heart immediately went out to her as he watched her struggling to hold herself together. Next, the older woman seemed composed but the way she was clutching the sergeant’s hand gave her away, while the sergeant had his professional face on; cool, calm and collected but the fear in his eyes was unmistakable.

Someone gave you some good advice there, girl. LOL ::looks around all innocent and stuff:: Awesome, awesome job. I'm so very proud of you.

And oh, the emotional roller coaster.. OY! LOL If it's not Ponch it's Cassy, and if not Cassy then Bear... Even poor 'ole Sarge is getting in on the angst and worry.

And those bad guys... Ricky is such an arse! And Jason is quietly getting stronger and playing the 3 of them... very nice. I love the character development with the 4 of them, especially Jason.

Now, bring us home, bay-bee! LOL :)
ReneyC chapter 6 . 3/11/2009
Argh! He was awake and nobody knew it! Hopefully Ponch was watching... You're totally driving me crazy, please post soon!
DaynaWayna chapter 5 . 3/10/2009
Karen, Karen, Karen! Wow. And before I go any further... POOR BARRY! :( He's my next fave after Jon... what'd ya do t'my Bear? He's now been beat up emotionally AND physically, and he's done it ALL TO HIMSELF! :O Good grief! And I love Bonnie's last line in that section:

You’re never going to live this one down Bear, she thought as she watched Grossman approach. Especially now that he knows.

Again I say: POOR BEAR!

What an intense situation for Ponch, watching them work on Jon. Very well written; I could really see it happening. I liked the police escort, too. And now poor Cassy finds out that it was JON who was hurt? Sheesh, give the poor pregnant woman a break, would ya please? LOL

I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter... Jon has to live, he just HAS TO!
DaynaWayna chapter 4 . 3/10/2009
Another stellar chapter. :) You've done a great job making the weather an important character in this story because it really is a key player. Your descriptions just keep getting better all the time.

"Just don't get the wrong idea, okay?" ROFLOL OMG Poor Ponch! I totally get it, but it's still funny. I like the unintended comedy in a dramatic moment. It was subtle and appropriate.

Cadet Waugh... oh that poor woman. Talk about trial by fire! She must feel horrible about not reporting it that night. I know I would. I hope it doesn't ruin her as a cop! :( Wow. And kudos to Jason for calling it in! Hopefully, the others won't ever find out what he's done, and when this is over, Jason will wash his hands of them. I'd hate to see him become like Butch or Ricky.

I hope they find the boys soon!