Reviews for Tropic of Virgo
EC111 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Wow that was fvcking fantastic!.. Not the Jessica part, she's always irksome but I love this E&B!

I can't wait to read more...!
AccioBourbon chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
edward, edward... what on earth makes you think someone had to teach her to kiss like that? there are some things that some of us girls are just good at. it's instinct and the right partner, of course.

i'm sorry! i haven't introduced myself. i have been loving this story since ElleCC recommended it to me but RL has kept me from writing any kind of thoughtful review (i do tend to go on when i review, and like Elle, i have a problem with brevity) so i'm gonna try and make up for it here.

this is one of the sexiest, warmest, most engrossing, most charming things i'm reading right now. there is much intimacy in your writing, whether it's the sexual tension between b and e, or the exchanges between edward and alice. i'm right there with them, down to withheld breaths and a thumping heartbeat. the relationship between edward and bella via their internet identities is like the story w/in the story. what they share and what they provide for each other across this (almost) anonymous medium is so important to them that i want them to discover their real identities and I *don't* want them to discover them, at the same time.

and there are the personal connections: i'm married to a gifted musician who also composes, love good bourbons, and used to play a decent game of darts-and after reading this chapter, i'm going to go buy a new set and start playing again.

i promise to drop more reviews from now on.

random answers to your previous endnote questions: "you have the eyes of someone 15 years younger"; single batch bourbons (Bookers, Knob Creek, etc); i have a 3 inch high figure of wonder woman on my keychain, but all the paint has rubbed off her breasts. i should touch them up w/ nail polish or something; I call my husband's Mr. Petey and he calls mine The Muffster; i have 2 favorites-one has a faded superman logo on it, but when i wear it i feel like supermom, and a black one that says "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" on the front and, of course, "Mischief Managed" on the back.
Legna989 chapter 2 . 4/4/2009
I’m so glad you decided to continue the one-shot as a full story.

To paraphrase Edward, I like that they’re getting to know each other without any of the preconceptions that can go along with meeting someone for the first time. And I like that it sets the story up for them to meet with those preconceptions only to realize later that they already know each other in this way.

“not-so-ordinary_ girl” Oh, I liked Edward calling her that.

I loved that Bella made fun of the way Mike introduced himself and neither he nor Jessica got it.

“I tried to imagine a male version of her and couldn’t get past the striped stockings.” Hee.

And so it begins, with Bella being filled with all kinds of preconceived notions about Edward. Won’t it be interesting when she finally realizes he is Debussy_88.

It was nice of Bella to try to save Jessica from that very uncomfortable conversation in the cafeteria, even though Jessica had been kind of mean girlish to her. I am bizarrely intrigued by the mere idea of Jacob and Lauren hooking up.

“Her voice cut my heart to ribbons, then pasted it back together with honey.” Fantastic line.

“I held a spark in my fingertips and it was snatched away by the wind; perhaps you are holding it safe for me.” Well, he just had no idea how right he was.

Seeing Edward getting proven wrong about his assumption that Bella couldn’t have been mystery singer was fantastic. Especially since he didn’t exactly handle it well. “I sat there like that, the whole class, turning over scenarios where I seduced her, where she sang to me, where I said hello.” Brilliantly put.

I am really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Thank you for writing.
kablamo chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
'i feel dirty' said Emmett... that was hilarious! i like the relationship you have between Edward and Charlie, i like that Charlie doesn't hate Edward and they seem to have some understanding between them. really loved the chapter ]
MaleficentKnits chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Each chapter just keeps getting better and better!
MrsFreiden8 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
gah. that whole darts scene was just smokin' hot.

fav t-shirt, I don't own many, but this is a no brainer.. definitely, "la push cliff diving team". ;o)

great chapter. can't wait for the next!
RysMa246 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
IBB that was more than amazing! I dont even have words to express my exhileration. To bad Bella was hm a little buzzed for that kiss. I am sure the next one will be better. Cant wait to see the words that will be exchanged between D88 and OG.
n0 l0nger in use chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
“Well, I don’t play Spin the Bottle, I don’t do Two Minutes in the Closet, and I don’t fuck on a bet. I’d rather pass out or puke in public than stoop to pity sex, even on my birthday. A girl’s gotta have her standards.” Bella said, firmly." He has no clue how different she is until he finds out who O-G is.
AnaG chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
My favorite t-shirt was bought in Japan by my best friend, and the symbols read, "Two hearts lie, tucked away, deep under."

Great chapter in its simplicity ;) Maybe a little off-balanced, though. Bella is still making all the moves (or pretty much so). It's kind of awkward to see her crash again and again, while he's Mr. Perfect. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying it, but since it's an all human... I guess you see my point ;)

Kudos for all the work you put into it - and for the sexy dart scene. Prize worthy.

Jagga-Love chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Wow, love, you have me hooked.

I needed a good read, and i most definitely found one.

You've got talent, love and it shows in your writing and your concept which is absolutely effing fantastic.

I can guarantee that when i have more time, i shall be profile-stlaking you just 'cause of this masterpiece.

You've put a smile on my face with this story and i hope i have put one on your with this review. :)

My favorite t-shirt? i have to's with lord Ganesha on it. LOL purple one.

I do wish i had a peace one though...which i don't :(

This story is amazing, by the way

Until the next chappy,

shalu chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
you keel me. i swear if you wrote your own version of the phone book or the physician's desk reference, i'd probably fucking read it.
insatiable06 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Damn so is that much liquor bad? It sounded like a night at my house when my neighbors lol...

dang and I'm pregnant again so I can't have any fun :(
KnittingVamp7 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I got rid of all of my cool t-shirts, though none of them were band shirts (never really got to go to concerts, unless you count the Chieftains or Trans-Siberian Orchestra. lol). I had snarky sayings, the best of which was 'Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors.' Another I liked (but never owned, sadly) was 'Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.'

Anywho... FANTASTIC CHAPTER, as always. :) I like Eva Cassidy too, though the only song I've heard from her is 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.' And Bella singing on the beach was awesome, and hurrah for Charlie not being the Aneurysm Charlie of the books! Haha. Thanks for the update!
stilljustceci chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Oh, this chapter was just delicious.

“I feel dirty,” said Emmett.

“I need a cigarette,” said Jasper.

And he's thinking about Ordinary_Girl in the middle of the cricket-sex game! "Except that I was reluctant to message Ordinary_Girl. Something had changed, and our word exchange was more important than I wanted to admit, and I didn’t know how to keep it light." I've been wondering if he would develop feelings for the invisible internet girl... A love triangle where two of the vertices are the same person. LOVE! hee hee hee hee!

Thanks for not driving Jake quite all the way to Assholeville. Please don't. There's no need.

Thanks for Edward's refusal to be an asshole to anyone. Even when Lauren's being a bitch, he's nothing less than a perfect gentleman. Even in his thoughts. I LOVE THIS EDWARD.

Can't wait til the next update.
booknerd323 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I love this story. I check my email every day for an update. I have not been this obsessed with a story in a while.

I have a t-shirt with the Ghostbusters logo on the front and "Who ya gonna Call" on the back. Every time I wear it people sing the theme song to the movies when they see me.
20,169 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,283 1,290 1,291 1,292 1293 1,294 1,295 1,296 1,303 .. Last Next »