Reviews for Tropic of Virgo
booknerd323 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I love this story. I check my email every day for an update. I have not been this obsessed with a story in a while.

I have a t-shirt with the Ghostbusters logo on the front and "Who ya gonna Call" on the back. Every time I wear it people sing the theme song to the movies when they see me.
tofulicious chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Lauren, you hobag.

The dart foreplay was hot.

I loved that you picked an Elvis song that goes with the q'wolves style.

So we find out James is a member of Jacob's band. I wonder if he will be evil in this story or not. Will he/Jacob try to steal Bella away and recruit her into their band? Or just try to get into her pants? I'm probably way off.

Edward and his lemonade lid. He is such a 12 year old girl.

Poor Bella and her shameful, drunken confessions. At least they made E realize he loves her.

I liked her shirt. She's got a sense of humor, that one. My favorite shirt has a Hello Kitty wearing glasses on it and it says I heart Nerds. I also am a 12 year old girl, heh.
hamistasty chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
nothing. I wear my brother's old tank tops. All the time.

I really enjoy reading this story.

Especially the little poems. They're really creative.. did you write them yourself?
Lovin-the-Handsome-Hobo chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Loving this story...

Your internet word play between the two of them is beautiful...

You know your shit...

THANKS!
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Why did I not read this earlier? Because I'm an idiot. This story is just amazing, I absolutely love it. I was so nervous this chapter, I'm so happy it actually helped instead of made things worse. My favorite line was definitely when Bella asked Edward why he kisses all the other girls except her. I absolutely love when they speak on the computer. I usually skip poetry but I most definitely don't skip theirs. It's beautiful. I wonder how they'll figure that out...Maybe he'll sing one of his poems as a song?

I don't think I have a favorite t-shirt...Actually, it might be my Nightwish shirt at the moment. Some sort of waterfall..thing..with the logo.
feathersmmmm chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
unreal how hot this is getting. It is truly one of my favorite stories! The dart game? nice...

I must tell you that while I did not care for Edward kissing anyone other than our Bella, I love how he is so enamored of all women, and how he sees the good and the beauty in them, at least for a moment.

Great chapter love, excellent work

Alice

xoxo
vysed chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
This is getting good. I keep trying to guess how to figure out that they are each other online too... I'm not having any luck. HA HA.

My favorite t-shirt is my grey CBGB. I love it!
stargzerlily chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
obsessed with this story. favorite shirt: hoya lawyas (represent school pride)
dawntwilight000 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I can't believe she lost in darts. Edward kissing Emm would have been great! The beach- Can't believe studward was kissing another girl! He is such a tramp. He sure didn't like it when Bella saw him. I wonder how he would have felt if Bella was kissing somone! Excellent story! Excellent chapter!
luv2read134 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
it says "being hot is not a crime, so i'm good" :)
skg910 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
My favorite t-shirt has the state of Idaho on it and says 'Idaho, no you da ho'. I'm so glad they finally freaking kissed! And she even say in front of a crowd! Can't wait to hear her and Edward sing together!
10thandrose chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Oh, she didn't mean to say that...hehe.

my favorite shirt is grey with a girl sitting on skull under a rainbow. She's blowing bubbles that say "Cross Canadian Ragweed."

My favorite band. :)
killerlashes chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Dude, I KNOW that there is no way you put “Roadhouse Blues” in there just ‘cause I said it was my favorite trashy-bar-jukebox song, but I am choosing to interpret it that way. ;)

Thanks much for not doin’ the E/J/B dramz. (And for feeding my Jake-as-musician fantasy…UNF.)

Also, darts as a sex metaphor? New and novel, but mos def WIN all the way.

Loff it. All of it.

PS: Why do I suddenly predict that there will be a rash of "What Color Are My Eyes?" t-shirt sales over at CafePress and Zazzle? And that we'll be seeing a LOT of handknit over-the-knee socks out in public?
ElleCC chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
So, I read the chapter this morning after I got up to cancel all of my plans for today because I feel terrible. Then I read it again. After that, I fell asleep and dreamed about it :) I don’t remember any dream specifics, but it was definitely ToV-related.

Sigh. So… I’m so glad they finally kissed. It’s too bad she was lit, but given his “I will,” I am confident it will happen again, and happen in less time than it took them to get to this first kiss.

I read the bit about “you leave me no dignity” about seven times. “…watched me dream about you…” It might be because my head is screwed up with cold medicine and sleep and cough medicine, but that whole thing… it just seemed really profound. Like that was the moment when things shifted for them both, even if she doesn’t know it yet.

I love that they were both open – he asked why she hasn’t sung with him and she asks why he hasn’t kissed her (or, why he hasn’t kissed anyone but her)… they just came right out and asked, and look what happened. I hope they can keep that up.

So, I’m curious about the twenty questions. What sorts of fun things did he learn? :) And I think it’s great he’s trying to get to know her after realizing he didn’t already. Poor Edward… doing all of these things that are new/different for him.

Kissing Lauren… I actually liked that part because I think it showed that he ISN’T an asshole. I absolutely love this part: “She was just a girl who wanted to be wanted, with nice soft parts that felt good, that a guy could get lost in, and not worry about what she was thinking, or if twin would be hurt if it ended badly, or if I would be devastated if it ended at all.” The whole thing… from not objectifying Lauren (yeah, I said “not”), to comparing her to Bella, to admitting he would be wrecked if the Bella thing doesn’t work out.

And I’m not saying Lauren isn’t a skanky hoo-er, because she is.

I’m going to go ahead now and reiterate the thing about the cold medicine… if none of this makes any sense, well… blame Tylenol :) (And, with the amount of time it got me to get through this, DayQuil, too.)

So, there was kissing AND public singing in this one. Do we get the singing-with-Edward next? I’m so happy for her that she was able to sing in front of that crowd (even if it took a few shots and some Calmward) – she still did it. Good for her. I’m sure her anger at the Lauren thing fueled it a bit :) And at least he was there for it, like he said he would be.

I love how he just walked into her house, said hi to the two Chiefs, and took care of her. I LOVE this Edward. I really do.

Those socks… love those socks.

Love this: “I wanted to put my fist into the face of the guy who taught her to kiss like that, right after I thanked him.”

So, back to the beginning, because I sort of started in the middle.

The dart foreplay was amazing. It was just as good as the LZ scene with Rose. Just… amazing. Everything about it… how hot they were getting, how well they were playing, how they were tormenting each other… This was great: “My pants were too tight and my shirt was sloppy and I hadn’t shaved and my hair was what my hair always was and she was looking at me like I was something to eat.” He just falls apart under her gaze. He’s a cocky bastard, my guess is that’s never happened to him before.

He is so aware of how she wants him… and I know he’s worried about fucking up the band, but… Bella has successfully made Rose play her best in months, Alice her best ever, and the band almost their best ever. She’s going to rock all of their worlds. I can’t even imagine what will happen when she sings with Edward and/or his playing. It’s going to go apocalyptic.

Tame her gently… and he wins anyway. Ah, Dartward, you sexy bastard.

I loved this: “’Please tell me that was the best game you have ever played,’ she begged.” I could picture her doing it. Her best game too, I’d imagine.

The conversation heard through the wall in the bathroom. Not only is this Edward fantastic, but this Bella is just as win. You’ve created a whole story filled with big fat win. BIG FAT WIN.

I’m glad OG and D88 are writing again. I know they’re all weirded out by the intensity of it all, but… well, they both need the outlet. And when they finally get together and finally figure out the D88/OG thing, they are going to be so much closer for it. And I appreciate that they’re BOTH feeling the force behind it… I hate when it’s lopsided and you know that serious fail is in store.

Hmm. I wasn’t so much with the awesome quotes this time, although there were plenty. It was a fabulous chapter. You gave us great USD and then they actually got to act on it a bit. And that bit… I was the dream lover this weekend, when she came… is echoing through my head. That was awesome – that whole little scene.

Sorry. “Awesome” is all I’ve got right now. Hell, I guess it’s all I usually ever have.

Okay, t-shirts. You asked both the best and worst person in the world about this. I have so many t-shirts. They’re all terribly silly. My favorite… my very favorite… hmm… I think it’s one of a robot running through a field of flowers, capturing butterflies. He has the best ever expression on his face. It’s awesome (yeah, awesome). Probably my favorite tee to wear is a navy one with a baby Loch Ness monster on it – Nessie, ironically. I am going to post pics on the forum :) I know, I know, you don’t have to thank me ;)

Great chapter – really loved it!
kellybear3 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
This story is so good! Aw, he loves her!
20,290 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,292 1,299 1,300 1,301 1302 1,303 1,304 1,305 1,312 .. Last Next »