Reviews for Tropic of Virgo
jantanamo chapter 10 . 3/31/2009
This is a non-caffeinated review. So let me apologize now because nothing's going to make any sense...

Is it ridiculous that I feel conflicted about Edward's growing need for Ordinary_Girl? Maybe not conflicted.. resentful? No, not resentful. I don't know what it is, but it almost feels like Edward is cheating on Bella with, well, Bella. It's like Edward's being split into the visceral/physical and the cerebral, and while I KNOW he's ultimately sharing both with Bella, it feels like he's not being completely honest with the real-life B.

I mean, I know they're not at that point where they needs to be any amount of full-disclosure, and by no means are they committed to each other. And Edward certainly isn't completely aware of his need for Ordinary_Girl. It just gives me a little twist in the belly. I think the scene in the driveway where seeing Bella wasn't enough to counteract his despair at losing contact with O_G kind of got to me. And I wonder what it says about the fact that Edward is unwilling to share this secret correspondence with Alice.

Sigh. Can you tell I'm a little over-invested here? And that while I'm not caffeinated, I'm a little hopped up on refined donut sugar.

Oh, and I can't wait to see what role Tanya plays later on.

Loved the darts action. And this:

“Hey Alice, how do you keep your annoying twin sister in suspense?”

“I don’t know, how?” she asked, rolling her eyes, but still falling for it.

I turned my back on her, and didn’t answer.

*snickers*

Barfly: Otis Redding
ninapolitan chapter 10 . 3/31/2009
I lean towards Janis, I can warble. Mercedes Benz makes me laugh and cry that she's dead. I also channel a mean Mama Cass and Dream a Little Dream.
ninapolitan chapter 9 . 3/31/2009
Big Jim and the Twins

Action Jackson

Adam Halfpint

Admiral Winky

Executive Staff Member

Mr Johnson and the juice crew

Pope John Pole I
Dawn ofthe Dead chapter 10 . 3/31/2009
I'm so lame. The first song I always look for on a jukebox, especially in a bar, is The Great Pretender by The Platters.

"Too real is this feeling of make believe

Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal."

Excellent chapter. I'm all excited about La Push!
moonbeam228 chapter 10 . 3/31/2009
Just found this story and it's great. I love how you have brought all of the other characters into it. Could you move it along a LITTLE bit faster? Ten chapters in and Edward and Bella still don't know about the texting nor are even remotely close. Can't wait to see the next update.
ninapolitan chapter 8 . 3/31/2009
Saturday morning breakfast usually consists of Cheerios. Plain. surprisingly no sugar. and possibly the remnants of the leftover scotch from the night before.

I'm only partially kidding. My cheerios have sugar.
alwayswatchingtv chapter 10 . 3/31/2009
It's 7am and I am too tired to think of a song but I didn't want to wait till my brain is functioning and end up forgetting to review like last time.

The suspense is killing me! I can't wait till they find out who each other is an that they are the crushes! LOVE Bella schooling him at darts.
ninapolitan chapter 7 . 3/31/2009
Sometimes though my therapist prefers if I discuss it with her.

I enjoyed this chapter the first time around, in rereading it I liked it more. I like a confused, disjointed Edward who puts his usually over confident foot in his mouth
ninapolitan chapter 6 . 3/31/2009
I drink liquor. No mixes. Just booze. I have a liver that cries on the weekend either from overuse or from underuse. Scotch, neat, glass.
ninapolitan chapter 5 . 3/31/2009
I like my coffee to barely taste like coffee. I order the Triple X (xlarge/xcream/xsugar)every morning both because it's chock full of milk and sugar and because ordering something called the Triple X from a 65 year old retired grandmother makes me laugh before I have to teach 20, insolent 17 year olds about Moliere all day. Little things amuse me.
ninapolitan chapter 4 . 3/31/2009
My keychain has what's called a Mano Cornuto.

The mano cornuto is an Italian amulet of ancient origin. Mano means "hand" and corno means "horn." The charm represents a hand gesture in which the index and little fingers are extended while the middle and ring fingers are curled into the palm. The reference is to the horned head of an animal.
ninapolitan chapter 3 . 3/31/2009
Someone once told me that I had XFile eyes. I didn't know if I should be nervous or not about that. They're just green. Not like swamp thing green or chemical reaction green. Just green.
ninapolitan chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
I highly doubt that you'll be offended by the nonsensical early morning ramblings to get the count up. Am I correct? It's also unnecessary to respond to the drivel I'm leaving.
ninapolitan chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Because I harbour major suckage and read most updates from my Smutberry I decided to come back through here and just leave random thoughts to get your review count up.
Sheeijan chapter 10 . 3/31/2009
I squeed like an idiot at the end. Seriously, I loved it that Bella's going to hustle Edward at darts. How awesome is that. I thnk you either play darts yourself or you did a heck of a lot of research on it for the story, which makes me feel all sorts of special. *grin* Or not. Dunno. Anyway, will Edward kiss Emmett?

This was a great update, loved it. I love the fact that this story has Bella so talented. It's actually pretty darn rare to see in a fanfic, it's always Edward with the gifts it seems.

Thanks for the update!
20,130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,292 1,299 1,300 1,301 1302 1,303 1,304 1,305 1,312 .. Last Next »