Reviews for Tropic of Virgo
skg910 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
My favorite t-shirt has the state of Idaho on it and says 'Idaho, no you da ho'. I'm so glad they finally freaking kissed! And she even say in front of a crowd! Can't wait to hear her and Edward sing together!
10thandrose chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Oh, she didn't mean to say that...hehe.

my favorite shirt is grey with a girl sitting on skull under a rainbow. She's blowing bubbles that say "Cross Canadian Ragweed."

My favorite band. :)
killerlashes chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Dude, I KNOW that there is no way you put “Roadhouse Blues” in there just ‘cause I said it was my favorite trashy-bar-jukebox song, but I am choosing to interpret it that way. ;)

Thanks much for not doin’ the E/J/B dramz. (And for feeding my Jake-as-musician fantasy…UNF.)

Also, darts as a sex metaphor? New and novel, but mos def WIN all the way.

Loff it. All of it.

PS: Why do I suddenly predict that there will be a rash of "What Color Are My Eyes?" t-shirt sales over at CafePress and Zazzle? And that we'll be seeing a LOT of handknit over-the-knee socks out in public?
ElleCC chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
So, I read the chapter this morning after I got up to cancel all of my plans for today because I feel terrible. Then I read it again. After that, I fell asleep and dreamed about it :) I don’t remember any dream specifics, but it was definitely ToV-related.

Sigh. So… I’m so glad they finally kissed. It’s too bad she was lit, but given his “I will,” I am confident it will happen again, and happen in less time than it took them to get to this first kiss.

I read the bit about “you leave me no dignity” about seven times. “…watched me dream about you…” It might be because my head is screwed up with cold medicine and sleep and cough medicine, but that whole thing… it just seemed really profound. Like that was the moment when things shifted for them both, even if she doesn’t know it yet.

I love that they were both open – he asked why she hasn’t sung with him and she asks why he hasn’t kissed her (or, why he hasn’t kissed anyone but her)… they just came right out and asked, and look what happened. I hope they can keep that up.

So, I’m curious about the twenty questions. What sorts of fun things did he learn? :) And I think it’s great he’s trying to get to know her after realizing he didn’t already. Poor Edward… doing all of these things that are new/different for him.

Kissing Lauren… I actually liked that part because I think it showed that he ISN’T an asshole. I absolutely love this part: “She was just a girl who wanted to be wanted, with nice soft parts that felt good, that a guy could get lost in, and not worry about what she was thinking, or if twin would be hurt if it ended badly, or if I would be devastated if it ended at all.” The whole thing… from not objectifying Lauren (yeah, I said “not”), to comparing her to Bella, to admitting he would be wrecked if the Bella thing doesn’t work out.

And I’m not saying Lauren isn’t a skanky hoo-er, because she is.

I’m going to go ahead now and reiterate the thing about the cold medicine… if none of this makes any sense, well… blame Tylenol :) (And, with the amount of time it got me to get through this, DayQuil, too.)

So, there was kissing AND public singing in this one. Do we get the singing-with-Edward next? I’m so happy for her that she was able to sing in front of that crowd (even if it took a few shots and some Calmward) – she still did it. Good for her. I’m sure her anger at the Lauren thing fueled it a bit :) And at least he was there for it, like he said he would be.

I love how he just walked into her house, said hi to the two Chiefs, and took care of her. I LOVE this Edward. I really do.

Those socks… love those socks.

Love this: “I wanted to put my fist into the face of the guy who taught her to kiss like that, right after I thanked him.”

So, back to the beginning, because I sort of started in the middle.

The dart foreplay was amazing. It was just as good as the LZ scene with Rose. Just… amazing. Everything about it… how hot they were getting, how well they were playing, how they were tormenting each other… This was great: “My pants were too tight and my shirt was sloppy and I hadn’t shaved and my hair was what my hair always was and she was looking at me like I was something to eat.” He just falls apart under her gaze. He’s a cocky bastard, my guess is that’s never happened to him before.

He is so aware of how she wants him… and I know he’s worried about fucking up the band, but… Bella has successfully made Rose play her best in months, Alice her best ever, and the band almost their best ever. She’s going to rock all of their worlds. I can’t even imagine what will happen when she sings with Edward and/or his playing. It’s going to go apocalyptic.

Tame her gently… and he wins anyway. Ah, Dartward, you sexy bastard.

I loved this: “’Please tell me that was the best game you have ever played,’ she begged.” I could picture her doing it. Her best game too, I’d imagine.

The conversation heard through the wall in the bathroom. Not only is this Edward fantastic, but this Bella is just as win. You’ve created a whole story filled with big fat win. BIG FAT WIN.

I’m glad OG and D88 are writing again. I know they’re all weirded out by the intensity of it all, but… well, they both need the outlet. And when they finally get together and finally figure out the D88/OG thing, they are going to be so much closer for it. And I appreciate that they’re BOTH feeling the force behind it… I hate when it’s lopsided and you know that serious fail is in store.

Hmm. I wasn’t so much with the awesome quotes this time, although there were plenty. It was a fabulous chapter. You gave us great USD and then they actually got to act on it a bit. And that bit… I was the dream lover this weekend, when she came… is echoing through my head. That was awesome – that whole little scene.

Sorry. “Awesome” is all I’ve got right now. Hell, I guess it’s all I usually ever have.

Okay, t-shirts. You asked both the best and worst person in the world about this. I have so many t-shirts. They’re all terribly silly. My favorite… my very favorite… hmm… I think it’s one of a robot running through a field of flowers, capturing butterflies. He has the best ever expression on his face. It’s awesome (yeah, awesome). Probably my favorite tee to wear is a navy one with a baby Loch Ness monster on it – Nessie, ironically. I am going to post pics on the forum :) I know, I know, you don’t have to thank me ;)

Great chapter – really loved it!
kellybear3 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
This story is so good! Aw, he loves her!
ninapolitan chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I'm showing my age but I own a official 1987 Guns n' Roses tour tshirt, signed by Axl & Slash. It's framed so it's no longer in the tshirt rotation
CarminMoon chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I have a perma-grin! This story is just unbelievable woman.

my fave tee...I have several.

1. Ireland (with a crest)

2. Our Lady of Perpetual Inebriation (I was a catholic girl)

3. Muchas Grassy & a pic of a donkey
Sdjk chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
What a fabulous chapter! The game of darts was so intense and you writing was perfect. Of course my heart sunk when Lauren was kissing Edward...but then Bella sang and the lemonade top and the hug and the kiss...Ah!

My favorite was the end when Edward took care of Bella in her drunken state and then realized that he was "in love" with her!

You are a very talented and clever writer!
ApollaCammi chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
A furry hamster, with the words "The hamster made me do it!".

Headway! Sort of. Edward can't catch a break, can he? ;)

I got this mental image of Charlie and Billy in trunks and baseball hats, sitting at the beach and drinking beer when Charlie said they had a beach party to get to!

"This silly little slip of a girl blew me away with every single thing she did" - I hope someone says this about me one day, it's one of the best things anyone could say about another person. Let's hope Edward says that out loud one day. And, you know, that last part too. Where he says he's in love with her.

I'm sick and I feel like someone ran over my cat, and I've got a double header worth of exams on Monday. You made my weekend with this post. Thanks :)
karebear1211 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Loved it! I love that Bella would have thrown the game - it fit so perfectly with how you've painted your Bella. I also love how they are both realizing how dependent they are on the secrect on-line "friendship".

This chapter was magic!

Fave t-shirt - gotta be my U2 concert T from the last tour.
Alejandra111 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
My fave T-shirt: "I'm here what are your other two wishes", and forms the words "I'm Hot" heehee

That was AWESOME! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! Please write more soon! D
mjsnotebook chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
m i love it..like hardcore
GiveUsAKiss413 chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
You leave me no dignity.

Beautiful. Just utterly beautiful, the whole thing. I read this and I have to take a breath, just because I'm overwhelmed.
psydoc chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Favorite T-shirt: Obama/Biden 2008

Hey...I worked for him for 6 months, could it be anything else?

Very hot chapter!I am new to this story and so happy my friend (V) recommended it!
Betham chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
I read this chapter last night and decided to wait before reviewing to see if I could come up with the words that adequately describe how much I love this story. I failed. You rock!
20,340 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,296 1,303 1,304 1,305 1306 1,307 1,308 1,309 1,316 .. Last Next »