Reviews for Can't Afford It
alice chess chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
WOW! This sounds just like what they would say to each other. Good job. :)

Hugs.
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
This was good! I totally loved the Joker's opening line. It's from the song 'Mad World' by Gary Jules, right?

My only critique would be that you add more details. Now, I know this was only meant to be a drabble, but I think you could have made this slightly longer by adding detail. Describe the mood between the two characters, were they angry at each other? Or something else? Also describe the setting around them, was the sun shining brightly or was it night time, with the sky a blanket of darkness above them and the pale moon illuminating the alley?

Other than the lack of detail, I really enjoyed this. The dialogue was great, and for such a short peice, you really managed to capture both the Joker and Batman's personalities in as a little as a couple lines. Great job.

I also loved the ending line. So Joker-ish and yet still holds a frightening truth.

Great drabble. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
nolongeractiveignoredelete chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
This is lovely. Very short, but you managed to get an excellent point across. The dialog between the two was realistic and interesting, and the last line especially rang true. Wonderful job!