Reviews for Ducere
Terrific... Beautiful
Break This Spell626 chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
I really love how you portray their friendship. I'm reading most of your stories, but the ones about Michael and Terry are my favorite. I just wish you put the translations at the end of all of them; Google translate switches words around a lot.
SavingViolets chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I'm really impressed with how Terry stood up and said that. It was so brave, and he really is taking this seriously. One little correction, though: at the end, if you want 'to give' to be in future tense, then it should be 'dabo.' Sorry, but I'm as much as a grammar nut as Terry!
Eloise Rosier chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I think this is one of my favourite outakes so far. I was reading this when I should've been writing out my Latin translation and then I ended up spending 30 minutes working out the grammar of that last sentence. I'm still slighly confused on why it's do as opposed to dabo because even though I think it's a purpouse clause it shouldn't affect the tense of the main verb from present to future. I know the grammar is right, I'm just not sure why it is. If you know Latin as opposed to having copied this off the internet, would you mind explaining it to me? It's probably really obvious, but it's bothering me.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
That year took so much. Terry's security included. Reading this cements the changes they all had to make.

The DA was a legitimate army, and Ravenclaws never really want to accept that someone else just makes decisions, but they had to change and figure it out.
goldfish.attack chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Seriously, my otp.

You've created such a lovely friendship between these two and I want to believe it is cannon.
WeatherWatch chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Effective. The reasons and truths that seem to pop up are truly brilliant. Personally, I prefer the buzz cut, but it's sad that it has to come about the way it does. What a horrible year - event - thing. *-sigh.

Great, once again ]
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Oh my gosh, these characters are so beyond anything I could ever write, it hurts me to think that they die in the end.
FlameintheFlood chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I love these boys! They're like, in love as straight boys. It's pretty incredible. I love this little moment with the two of them.
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
"“Vicky and Jimmy were marking the third-floor corridor outside the bathroom, and I saw Nott coming around the corner. I had a clear shot, I could have Stunned or Obliviated him and….”

He trailed off, unable to continue, but Michael nodded in aching comprehension. “When you turn quickly, it always winds up in your eyes, and you missed the spell, didn’t you?”

“Hit the wall right beside him, and Amycus wasn’t that far away. Obliviates make such an awful sound on inanimate material.” Terry winced"

Aw damn that sucks. Poor Terry - even I'm having trouble picturing him without his long hair.

"“Cut my hair,” Terry said simply, and the darkly wry smile deepened. “Hold me while I throw up everything I’ve eaten for the last six years. Then go to my trunk and get me a Calming Draught that could knock out a Welsh Green.”"

Heh poor Terry

I liked how he convinced the others
madbrad chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
A nice little moment ... the Ravenclaws working out their special role in the D.A. The Hogwarts 'Q' section is formed! :-)

I was a bit startled / dismayed to read the 'taking the other wizard in his arms and brushing a gentle kiss' bit. I thought Mike and Terry were normal and that you were initially surprised / shocked when your fans started trying to make them homosexuals in their offshoots of your DAYD universe? Have you changed things?
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Definitly an insightful fic about the little details that matter. Keep writing.
sophia666 chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
I love Terry and Mike, and Terry rising to the occasion, and the quote at the end. and it was so very Ravenclaw-

“The Commander and Gryffindor will lead bravely, they’ll fight bravely, Ernie and his will stay in it to the last, but if you look at history, battles aren’t won on guts or glory. They’re won – and lost – on the details.”
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
This was great. I like your Terry and Mike. And his realisation was very true. Thanks for writing this. x
EasyButton chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
I absolutely love the dynamics between Terry and Mike. They kind of remind me of multilingual Weasley Twins, if you know what I mean. I loved the "when the excrement begins to fly" line. Terry has interesting ways of putting things, doesn't he?