Reviews for At The End of the Day
aphroditeachan chapter 46 . 10/22/2015
I have long left the fandom, but I just could not for the life of me get this story out of my head. It's truly a brilliant work of fiction, and dear god I want to punch Trowa in the face so bad. It didn't even seen to take him very long to move on.

Despite that, I think you truly created a complex character in Trowa, maybe even more so than Quatre. His "I've always loved you" had me almost bawling in 5 seconds, because it took him 25 years to get there and in the end it was out of pure desperation. And I thought his final message to Alex was nothing short of poignant, considering that love was the single thing he feared the most for 25 years.

Have you written anything else recently for any fandom? Or heck, published a book?
triolet chapter 46 . 4/16/2015
Really lovely. Love this story.
halas chapter 44 . 4/8/2015
This was such an emotional roller coaster ride. I'm going to miss it so much. I was super excited when you started posting again and then they got together too! Finally! But now Quatre has died and I knew it would happen but it just hurts. I'm going to miss it so very very much. This was one of the best stories I had ever read and will read. The lives and depth of the characters and how things stay real and how the angst is a lot but never fake and how this is really how I can picture things to happened. I loved Trowa. I hated him. I've loved Quatre. I've hated him. I have both lived and hated every character in this story. I've felt like I've literally seen the kids grow up. I am in tears right now. I can't believe its finished. I'm going to really really miss it...
P chapter 46 . 4/4/2015
So it came true. That when Quatre got what he wanted, he dies. Trowa really have a sucky self prophecy thing. I am with the current Winner patriarch on this, it really sucks that Trowa moved on, and it makes Alex feel like he was robbed. I also don't believe that Ralph killed Quatre cuz you implied that the war veteran thing Quatre implemented was actually good in the long run instead of being self serving. I also think that it is good that there's no closure (Alex, Rayne and Shen triangle), it really means that life goes on.

Now, there's another fic 'Stronger Reason'. I wish that is where you'll punish Trowa. I exceeded my years long quota of emotional roller coaster from the torment you put Quatre thru in this story because of Trowa.
silvia S.K chapter 46 . 4/4/2015
Don't know what to say. I read all these 46 chapters in one day.

That was a very tense, heavy and full of drama fanfic. Probably the most dramatic I've ever read.

It was confusing to me how old Quatre was when he died, I mean, how long did he and trowa stayed together after chapter 45?

Anyway, took them 20 to 25 years to finally get together, that's... wow!

There was many things I wanted to point out throught the chapters, but I won't remember all of them now.

First, thank you for writing a 3x4 fic where 1 and 2 are straight men. God knows how much I hate 1x2 (or 1 and 2 being gay, cause doesn't matter who is the gay pair of them, they are completely straight men for me - and in original series too) and it usually happen to exist in most 3x4 fic.

As much fan of 1xR as I am, I felt so sad for them in this fic... but that's ok because they were not the only ones, you were able to break 4 marriages here, Wufei being the "marriage surviver". Also lets be honest, considering how short are the marriages nowadays, you where quite realistic.

As for your OCs, I liked them very much.

Maybe even more tense than take 25 years to be together, is Quatre's sickness. For me he was a pitiful man... money doesn't buy health. All this and he also had to deal with paparazzi 24 hours. What a pitiful and sad man.

And trowa. Oh man, how many times I wanted to punch his face for his cowardness.

I failed to understand that scene where Quatre negociated with Ralf. "good with his mouth" was a joke and Quatre just made some spoken deal, or it was like... literally? I ask because you didn't tell us about what happened to Ralf afterwards.

That's what I remembered to say by now.
Dyna chapter 45 . 3/26/2015
Cheering for Quatre. Way to go, standing up to Trowa and his fickle way. Yes, there were good reasons for his leaving, though a bit heartless. Love this story.
P chapter 45 . 3/26/2015
Quatre is in the highest seat so there's really nothing to stop him from doing what he wants. Well played yet well deserved. Now I hope he gets to be the brat again, I hope he demands for what he truly wants and not for others but for himself.

I am dismayed at the reason for the break up. I thought it was because of the situation, it turned out to be because Trowa can't deal with the ugly. He really needs a beating. Now what the heck is the deal with Ralph? Quatre and Ralph hook up is what I think would rile Trowa up but I doubt it will happen.
Nephylim chapter 45 . 3/26/2015
Oh my god, this chapter was AMAZING! When Quatre tells Trowa that he is always the one who leaves, I almost cried. It was such a strong and powerful moment. It feels like they are finally placing everything on the line.
P chapter 44 . 3/19/2015
WTH?! I thought it was serendipity that they decided to try again in Corsica. Though as the ending statements implied; Duo initially made the request, Quatre did it for someone else. But it is one huge time skip and what happened that made Trowa call it quits again. PPM?

Side note: I luv Heero Jr. creating a harem of Winner sisters. You make such interesting and outrageous characters.
Dyna chapter 43 . 3/12/2015
You updated! _ You can't know how excited I am that you posted again. It's been a while and I was beginning to think you were finished writing. It happens often in the fandom. Heero is such a good friend to Quatre. What a mess he and Trowa have made of their relationship. Then again, Quatre has been a mess for quite some time. With his past medical issues, unstable relationships and all the publicity, I can't think he'd be a viable candidate for any public office. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you have more in store for the troublesome lovers. Thanks for updated. I enjoyed this chapter very much.
P chapter 43 . 3/11/2015
And Nigel? After all this time you still pair Quatre with the prune?
P chapter 43 . 3/11/2015
Yay! You update this story!

I love the tandem and chemistry between the two most sensible pilot of the 5. Blunt and no nonsense yet unreasonably nonsense as well between each other but if they interact with others, they are the most efficient problem solvers.

This story is a roller coaster because of the time skip. There are bits and pieces that is privy of our knowledge till it was revealed (Middie Une feel about her husband and her rival).

Now it is up to Trowa to stop Quatre just like back when blonde's in 0 mode. I just can't help but think now that if Quatre gives in, all hell will break loose, and he will not care a bit if Trowa truly desires it.

I don't know if I should cheer for Trowa to go for it or be in a bittersweet pang and hope for the best for Quatre.
Dyna chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
Where are you? I think of this story from time to time, and so today I looked it up and, sure enough, you haven't updated in forever. Any chance you'll finish one day? I would love to see Quatre a bit happier, Duo, too, at the end of the day, if not at the end of this story. How about a last, tie up the story chapter? *nudge, nudge* Anyway, just wanted to let you know you are missed.
P chapter 42 . 10/26/2012
The last statement in this chapter, the story is almost coming to an end, right?

I liked your portrayal of Duo here. He's not the usual cool and bad ass guy with long adorable hair that lots of storytellers tends to make him. He's the most human of the characters here. His reactions to his own misfortune and to others good fortune is ugly but truthful. Everybody deals their lot in life in different ways and it makes no difference whether they came from hardship or privilege, problems will always be their companion. Even if they are former Gundam Pilot, it doesn't mean that they are good in the game of life, it doesn't mean that they are special.

Refreshing take on characters. More please.
aphroditeachan chapter 41 . 10/22/2012
You updated! Sniff! I was getting so worried that you were giving up on this story, but I see that's not the case and you totally made my day. :)

I don't know what to think of Middie... But I really enjoyed the interaction between her and Quatre. I'm also glad to see Heero taking Trowa's side finally because the poor guy needs all the support he can get to pull Q's ass out of his head.

Still enthralled, still waiting for further development. I have a feeling this story is reaching a climax. Can't wait!