Reviews for Schism
K'Ranna chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
Verra nice!

A little much on the drama there, but all in all a nice piece of writing. There were a few grammatical errors (barring the part where Dawn was scrabbling at his hands, as I figure that was for effect), and you made a mistake on the lyrics, but that's okay. ;

Oh, by the way - you have good taste in music. :D You're right, the lyrics probably don't fit the song, but the melody definitely does, and Tool's always said that the music means as much as the words do.

Have you ever seen the music video for Schism? If you haven't, it is so worth the millions of hours it'll take to download. *Lol* Really. Seriously. Tool videos are simply drool-worthy. Uh... a word of advice? DO NOT watch them for the first time right before bed. My friend had nightmares during a sleepover cuz I was showing her them. .
tia chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
This was lovely angst ...

"I’ll be in hell wherever I am, because now wherever I am is not where you are, Summers. I’m dying without you in every way but the way that matters, love"

You captured Spike's pain and hopelessness and then his resolve to go on so wonderfully (and the lyrics really helped to evoke that mood too). I enjoyed this, Rashaka - thanks!
OlgaB chapter 1 . 4/26/2002
A great story... Really emotional. You brought out the best in the characters - thank you!
alex9 chapter 1 . 4/6/2002
Well worh the review!

Very very good-like it a great deal.

alex
Trisha chapter 1 . 12/30/2001
Oooohhh wow! I really REALLY like this! You pack an AWFUL lot of emotion into every line, and it's just wonderful the way it works! I like the short sentences, I think it makes the strength of the character's emotions carry over better. And when Giles tells Spike that he doesn't deserve to know how Dawn is... Wow! Very powerful.

Great work!
heller chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
Rashaka...I took your advice and downloaded the song and

listened to it while I read your story. The melody is so

haunting. I recommend listening to the song a couple of

times, reading the story, then the song.

About the story...poor Spike. This is one of the scenes

that I'd have loved to see on the show. Grief-striken

Spike...who utters absolutely the best line:

"I’ll be in hell wherever I am, because now wherever I am

is not where you are, Summers."

You write imagery very well...the coming dawn...Spike

grasping the dirt of the Buffy's grave. I also loved how

Giles was the one to bring him to his senses...and the

last line rocked!

Enjoyed it!
ashley chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
It was a very emotional piece. Nice imagery.
Cypherwulf chapter 1 . 12/29/2001
You write such great one-shots, I'd love to read a longer fic. Keep up the great work!
Trenesia chapter 1 . 12/9/2001
Liked it. Hit the spot in the grief department. Thank you for writing.
n. bjelica chapter 1 . 12/9/2001
Perfect. Well-written and characterized. Nice work. :)