Reviews for Brave Girls Wear Boots
Elise chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
Great story. :)
Eppoif1 chapter 11 . 1/25/2014
This story is great! I loved it. It's not bad, honest, it's great!
Eppoif1 chapter 3 . 1/24/2014
Shan's a pretty cool dude and I love the relationship between him and Song already forming! Yay, apprenticeship a-go-go!
Maronn chapter 11 . 1/9/2014
Really great story. I like the idea of Zuko and Song. Hope there's a sequel...
Marqueza chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
If you feel like writing more, I would definitely be absolutely overjoyed to read more! Thank you for a lovely story.
stars shine out chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
Really, really lovely. I especially liked "Singers"!
U-KISSHINee chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
BRAVE GIRLS itu sok keren, sok imut, sok cute.
apalagi enyoung tuh nyanyi bareng Soohyun U-KISS dialbum neverland ;[
Caladbolg777 chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
I have to admit I stopped reading this story after a 3rd of the way through this chapter, so please forgive me if I mention something that you need that you already have. Anyway, the reason I stopped was because of the transition between the prologue and chapter 1. The transition is very very jarring - I got lost almost immediately.

Basically from your prologue you're talking about Song travelling with Zuko and Iroh as if you were foreshadowing. It's good to foreshadow once in a while, but you need to follow through with that to make the literary device work. Or, if you were not intending to foreshadow, then what I would do is focus on Zuko and Song in Ba Sing Se and provide backstory as to why they are together.

The setup you have now doesn't seem to work because you have a strong lead in one direction by the end of your prologue, but then you completely skip over a lot of potential character development and plot when you take your reader to Ba Sing Se in your first chapter. The details you mentioned in the prologue were very interesting, and I was looking forward to reading more about that personally.

But instead you switched to introducing your oc - which is fine that you have an oc but you need to provide some more details first to make the introduction more clear. Also transitioning between scenes is esssential. I felt like you went from talking about Zuko, Song, Iroh, and Pao running the teashop to a fight scene in a split second and with no real connection as to why one is happening after the other.

Another thing about your OC is that I felt you disserviced Aneko a little by not providing detailed descriptions of her appearance, and anything about her personality or backstory. Aneko kind of just shows up without any real reason explaining her necessity.

Zuko seems to know her as well, but the reader isn't given an explanation as to how they met. You also seem to write in a way, I noticed, that assumes the reader knows about Aneko beforehand - which may be true from other stories, but for people like me, this kind of a cold introduction is very jarring and confusing.

As a recommendation, I think it might behoove you to hold off on Zuko and Song arriving in Ba Sing Se, and let them travel together first. This way you have a lot of room for character growth, relationship growth, and you'll be tackling what I assume most readers, including myself, came to read this fic for - Song and Zuko.

Altogether I think your ideas are quite good, if a little unpolished (and I especially mean unpolished in descriptions. You absolutely, positively, need more setting and description. Part of the reason why your story is confusing is also because of this). Anyway, I wish you best of luck, and I hope this review is n't too critical of your story without proper backup.

Take care and good luck with your future stories.
susiipie chapter 11 . 3/24/2011
I actually really enjoyed this fic. You have a great writing style and it was a really pleasant read. I enjoyed seeing Zuko with friends and so happy with this family you gave him. I also thought you did a really good job with the relationship between Song and Zuko. The little changes you added, with Shan and exploring Jin's role was good too. It is a shame that despite all the wonderful changes that Zuko made the same decisions he did even if they were for different reasons. I suppose that made this fic even better. The ending was a little abrupt but it went with the cannon plot. Anyway, great job!
Lord Shade chapter 11 . 11/22/2010
This is truly a work of art. Beautifully written, I couldnt stop reading. You created a wonderous and mesmerizing world. Poetic, funny, and just down right amazing, it held my attention the whole way through. I waited until the end to write a review because I was so anxious to see what happened next. You, my friend, have true talent.
fortunecookie1423 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Hi ' I was wondering if you would let me use your two characters uri and aneko in my new fic ? I would greatly apreciate it :D and they won't be harmed btw

-fortunecookie1423
fortunecookie1423 chapter 9 . 8/8/2010
Ahh ! Love the story its great and it just has to be the best fic I've read yet (I've read a-friggin-LOT) . Love the dialouge love the plot line love the characters(: BUT DISlike the ending (no offense) and if you write a one shot sequel make it longer I don't know have uri kill mai or somthing have her take a hint and have suko and song TOGETHER (they always been my fav not so normal pairing) please ? :D

-your friend, fortunecookie1423
Jonnoda chapter 11 . 6/20/2009
I loved this story, the humor, the friendship, Zuko coming out of his shell just a little bit earlier. There were lots of times reading this I thought 'Wow, what I would give to have that kind of camaraderie, and those kind of caring friends," or something along those lines. It was a great read, in my humble opinion, even though sometimes I felt like you were skipping around a bit too much. I kept feeling like I was missing bits and pieces of what was going on, as you didn't really show how their friendships and bonds developed, just the defining moment of each. That being said you left this little novella on quite a cliffhanger, I'd love to read a sequel, knowing you it would probably be great, but thats biased, since I love your work anyway. If you do choose to continue with a sequel I will be an avid reader, I would say you get my full support, but you get that anyway by default D.

Looking forward to your next masterpiece, whatever that may be.

-Jonnoda
Jonnoda chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
ZOMG! You wrote it! I remember reading your preview for this months and months ago and thinking that it would be an awesome story, screw my accounting quiz, I'm reading this now!

-jonnoda
Mirrorfaced chapter 11 . 6/20/2009
Woah, wild ride. Very, very interesting story, I was very into it. I was a bit wary of your OCs, but they grew on me. Aneko's funky mudbending thing irked me a bit, but it wasn't really emphasized except in that one chapter, so nothing exploded in a fit of unbridled rage. Very nice fic, though I didn't get the point of the Fox, he or she left a lot more questions for me than answers, and the end just seemed a bit incomplete. Still, a very kick-awesome fic that I'll have to come back to sometime.