Reviews for He Who Saves a Single Life, Saves the Entire World
Beloved Daughter chapter 6 . 5/11/2013
Really awesome story and sounds exactly like something that Hogan would do. Thanks for writing and posting! I highly enjoyed reading this story!
inhonoredglory chapter 6 . 3/13/2011
Beautiful, just beautiful. I agree with everything Sgt. Moffitt said (except the Crittenden part, although that was a little amusing!). Thanks for this absolutely moving story, so well-written, well-researched, and powerful. I only wish there was more of it, that the scenes and plot could be fuller and more exploratory in character. Still, it's a great tribute to the sacrifice many made to help Jews during WWII.

And I love that Talmud quote . . . He who saves one life, saves the world entire.
inhonoredglory chapter 5 . 3/13/2011
Very good research on military law, and realistic dialogue.

But poor Hogan! Gosh, those guys are terrible. Can't they see? My heart is breaking into a million little pieces. This is injustice to the supreme. I just hope this has a good ending!
inhonoredglory chapter 4 . 3/13/2011
This is just heart breaking, and it's bittersweet to see Hogan stand for his principles, without thought to his own welfare and career in the military. Such a tense chapter, moving quickly and with loads of suspense. London is just awful to agree to court martial Hogan! They won't get away with it; Hogan's men would see to that.
inhonoredglory chapter 3 . 3/13/2011
What a change to see Klink as a human with a soul and with a healthy fear of what the "rumors" are. The end of the fifth paragraph is superb. The significant action - Klink destroying the papers - is placed in a subordinate clause of the sentence. Making the significant insignificant makes it all the more powerful because we the readers fill in the vacancy of emotion.

Hogan is so admirable - to take the fall for his men when he disobeys London's orders. And so sad to hear him admit that he's run out of ideas, yet so real.

And Hogan's thoughts when Klink was trying to clue him in to formulating some plan - so heart-wrenching.

Powerful writing.
inhonoredglory chapter 2 . 3/13/2011
I agree with L J Groundwater. Such character, such depth, such strength for both the prisoners and Hogan. I love seeing people acting right, even under pain of death.

I feel so much for the chaplain, and the scene in the cooler between him and Hogan sounded so real and touching. especially the chaplain's "Can you order me to do this, sir?"

On writing, I love the "transition" between the first and second paragraphs. First, Klink's point of view, then Hogan's and his men. All unified by the same topic they're speaking of. No transitional description necessary. Perfect.
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I love it how the story moves straight in to the main conflict - great writing. And I love to hear Hogan's dead serious moral conviction to protect the Jewish men in his camp. I can feel a moving, quality piece of work. I can't wait to read on til the end.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 6 . 1/16/2011
An excellent, well-conceived, well-researched, and well-written story. And oddly enough, the part that started my tears falling was the inclusion of Crittendon's name on the list of Hogan's supporters!

The injustice of the charges against Hogan for doing the right thing was hard to bear, but the support of the people who counted made up for it.

Thanks so much for tackling this difficult topic with intelligence and imagination, while remaining true to the underlying integrity of Hogan's character. Brava!
80sarcades chapter 6 . 12/3/2010
This was really, really nice! Hogan & company comes out right at the end and save lives in the process. So true about the Jewish POW's; the Nazis were truly mad!

Great story!
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 6 . 3/10/2010
Again, I'm amazed with the skill with which you weaved this historically accurate story. There was a brief reminder of "The Great Escape", but, fortunately, your prisoners had a better survival rate!

And, yes, Hogan and his men were most deserving of inclusion at Yad Vashem.
GG chapter 6 . 3/8/2010
My cousin has told that me your story and she was correct, is marvelous it. ,Told beautifully, realistically. Thank you for showing such a marvelous piece.
GSJessica chapter 6 . 2/22/2010
Reading your Friday the 13th story had me looking back at your archived stories. I was mostly gone while you were posting, so had missed them... to my loss. This story is very fine work. I had talked with another lady here about doing this themed story quite some time ago-she wanted to spin it off of "MM". That story never appeared so it was a great pleasure to see you wrote such a story. Very well done. Very well done, indeed. That you didn't get all "happily ever after" and had losses among the escapees was very good. I liked every bit of this story, and was totally engrossed, with the only qualifiers that I wished Klink had had the opportunity to be just a tad successful in his efforts, even if they ultimately failed. And I found myself wishing this was substantially longer. You have the material here to make a novel-length work and could spend time really developing the scenes and action.
GalitMirav chapter 6 . 5/31/2009
Thank you so much for writing this. I'm a descendent of Holocaust survivors so this story really touched my heart.
Prowler4 chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
Very good.
Robin Margolin chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
This was fabulous. I hope you are very proud of your achievement with this story. I was so moved that I needed several day to think before I could review.

Keep writing, you have a gift.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »