Reviews for The Error of Nagato Yuki
ambiguity intended chapter 15 . 6/14/2011
Good.
Durandall chapter 15 . 6/9/2011
Once again, your technical writing skill is appreciable.

And once again, a status quo ending. I wish I could say more constructive, or encouraging ... but to be honest, I don't much enjoy this type of story. Thanks for sharing it with us anyway; you obviously put some work into it.
SWORDJ chapter 15 . 6/8/2011
Nice story. Good characterization too. Overall, it was a pleasant read. ;)
Dan chapter 15 . 6/1/2011
Best fanfic I've read so far, stayed true to the original plot of suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu. Amazing, plus keep the somewhat bored and sarcastic attitude of Kyon. In other words, your on the right track and keep it that way. Try and get a good ending with a either a neutral or happy outlook.
applecake chapter 11 . 5/28/2011
God, no wonder this under drama. You write it VERY well. :D

Before reading the next chapter and dieing from the cliffhanger, I'd like to say how much I loved the HaruKyon you added. It works perfectly!

I'm such a helpless fangirl right now, lol.
applecake chapter 7 . 5/28/2011
I know you wrote this two years ago and I've only read half of it, but I love it.

Yuki is one of my favorite characters, so it's great to see such a well written, intriuging story about her. And I'm not just saying that. The plot is very unique.

Kyon's narrative (and everyone else) is perfectly in character, which is a hard thing to do.

I love your style! Amazing job!
CryingCicada chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
im not sure if its mentioned later, but is the book something like 'do androids dream of electric sheep'?
AnifeR2 chapter 15 . 7/2/2010
Truly amazing...You really captured Kyon's characterization very well...
SYStem-0 chapter 15 . 7/14/2009
You definitely handled this story like a professional. A bittersweet ending fits perfectly with the story as a whole, as the possibility of Kyon having a relationship with either Yuki or Haruhi is highly improbable/unacceptable.

And you left us quite a nice one liner at the end of the story, which definitely made me stop and think for a few minutes after I finished the story. I'm not a literary critic, so I don't really have much insight to give, but I did get a little frustrated with the 'mask' metaphor, as it is overused by many writers, and rarely do I see a proper implementation. Something just seems fundamentally wrong with using 'mask' to describe someone who is 'masking' their feelings.

I guess I'm getting a little personal, as I do find myself generating pseudo-random whims and feelings in order to function correctly around others a times. However, I grudgingly give you credit where credit is due. You told us a story which gave us a glimpse of what could happen in the Haruhi universe, and you actively took it upon yourself to fully interpret three of the major characters in such a way that they remained your own, and also represented their canon counterparts in the actual series.

Overall, this was an excellent story with plenty of hints of deeper relationships between a few of the characters. But it was no where near as satisfying a read as it should have been, which is why I'm not an English major.

Cheers!

-SYStem
chichaimonkey chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Sorry, I'm not much of a deep reviewer, but I'm a BIG fan of Yuki and the anime, and I just had to take a second to say that that was probably the best fanfiction I've ever read! (Due to my Kyoya obsession from OHSHC, I've read quite a bit... he he he...) Thank you for writing such a great story! :D
rick777 chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
I haven't read the whole story, but your narration was marvelous. You perfectly captured Kyon's spirit with this one. Congratulations!
ichigoskullface chapter 15 . 3/29/2009
Well, I enjoyed this story for the most part. Your characterization was good. That's a dealbreaker for me too- I judge characterization hard.

I must say though, that even though I enjoy a good "bad end", the ending to this story seemed to be a little too anticlimactic. Not only that, but I thought that the situation with Haruhi was defused a little to easily.
Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru chapter 15 . 3/21/2009
The fangirl in me is swearing and cursing you to the extreme.

I WILL HELP YUKI AND WE WILL FALL IN LOVE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FABULOUS AND AMAZING.
Phoenix Helix chapter 15 . 3/20/2009
this is the second fanfic that ive read so far of the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and again i must say i wasnt disappointed, for someone that has only read up to volume 6 of the manga i say you've done a fine job.

as for catching their personalities you've related to them perfectly: Haruhi's crazyness, Mikuru's shyness, Nagato's blank expressions and Koizumi's easy going attitude. and of course les forgetting Kyon the fact that everything seems to get to him; though he successfully manages to cover most of it up.

all in all you've written a well developed fic especially where most people would have expected everything back as normal and thus a happy ending; instead you've given us the readers a conclusion that makes us sit back and think. this makes for a perfect fic and i look forward to any more M.O.H.S fics you may write in the future _

Phoenix Helix

Ps: forgive the lateness of this review.
Shunk chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Ugh...where to begin on this?

This was very good, up until the end. That last chapter was just kind of a big "screw you" to the reader.

I'm not too big a fan of happy endings either, but it seems that you tried too hard to come up with a sad ending. It just...didn't work. The one thing that I find particularly unbelievable is that Haruhi is, for the most part, unchanged. I wouldn't have cared if the change was good or bad, but there should have been something to actually reflect that things were not as they had been, considering the story's progression. The Yuki thing was believable, and I only took issue with the ending of her because...Yuki's my favorite. The fanboy in my mind was screaming YOU BASTARD HOW DARE YOU DO SUCH A HORRIBLE THING TO YUKI! Still, it worked.

The rest of this story was pretty good, although there were a plot holes which need a bit more of an explanation.