Reviews for Silkscreen Requiem
Anonymoose chapter 62 . 7/1
This is my first time reading this Fic and all I could say is that you have outdone yourself. I love plot, it is amazing. The way you play with the plot and References is remarkable. Truly, this fic has reached a new level of success. The way you played with the Relation of the characters and of the plots of not only of the storylines and worlds of the Final Fantasy series but also that of the Kingdom Hearts series. If you are to make a sequel, I would truly love to see it. I think you did and impressive job and I congratulate you for it.
LunaEtSidera chapter 62 . 3/13
Oh. My. Gods. I don't even have words - this is so amazing. I've read, and re-read, and re-read this time and time again and it never ceases to blow my mind. I LOVE the chemistry of all the characters, and the way everything seems so four dimensional. I hadn't even ever played or even thought about FF IX, until I read this. Something about the title and the description kind of called to me, and suddenly I was sucked in. Now I love reading fics about platonic Kuja and Zidane. I haven't run into one grammatical error, which is a major feat, and the dialogue is masterfully balanced would with speaking. I'm not sure if you'll make a sequel to this, but I would love it if there was one. Once again, bravo! 10/10!
Anon chapter 62 . 1/8
I'm rereading this for like the third time and I still love it. This fic is my favorite fic of all time (and it got me back into my dissidia kick). It's so creative and wonderful and I love where you went with the story and the characters. Love it.
Red-Dream chapter 27 . 5/23/2012
Again, this story is just too brilliant. The originality, the beautiful vocabulary and flow of the plot; a total must read for all Final Fantasy and Dissidia fans.
Red-Dream chapter 11 . 5/18/2012
Thus far, the poetic rhythm of Kuja's observations and innermost thoughts almost brings a tear to my eye. It's like beautiful art. How did you manage this? I do not know. I simply adore your style for it.

Zidane's are almost the same, changed only for the fact that he is not around anyone's finger. All in all, this is perfect.
ShiningSugar14 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
A friend of mine recommended this to me and, while I don't have the time to finish all of it now, I will be finishing it eventually. Looks amazing so far, though.
Kyu-Momo chapter 41 . 10/25/2011
Well, you have a wonderful writing style. :)

but.. I give up trying to understand this.

time for me to go read something else...

take care!
Kyu-Momo chapter 40 . 10/25/2011
Who the heck is nuage?

I'm so confused! o.0
Kyu-Momo chapter 39 . 10/25/2011
I have absolutely no idea what is going on.. o.0
Wassermagierin chapter 62 . 5/12/2011
Wow...this was great. Confusing, but great. XD

I really enjoy the whole concept of Unreliable Narrators myself, as it tends to keep the readers on their toes. I also love everybody's characterizations and how the lines between 'good' and 'evil' or 'harmony' and 'chaos' become blurred. The interaction between Zidane and Kuja probably is my favourite, though I loved all the characters.

Wonderful job!
spiritualized chapter 34 . 3/28/2011
Even if the story is still interesting, I have to agree with a few other reviewers... it's so damn confusing and I don't mean what was probably intended, that the POV doesn't tell us everything or tells us some false, subjective information. It's the way you write... sometimes (or often) you can't really tell who is the one talking, who are we talking about, or like in this case even whose POV this is. It's obviously not Zidane or Kuja if he/she has black hair and even though it will probably become clear throughout the chapter, it's bothering me to not know who this is while reading half a chapter. I also couldn't tell for a long time if the Emperor actually raped Kuja or not until that one chapter, so... I don't know if it's intended like this or not, but right now I feel more frustrated by the story. I wish it would be a bit clearer so I would be able to enjoy it more. Maybe it's just because I read a lot in these last few days, since this story is really pulling me in. Maybe it'd be better if I only read one chapter at a time, but then again I guess I wouldn't even know where we currently are in the story. x3 Well, of course since this seems to already be finished I'm a bit late with my review, but anyway. I love how epic this is and I just loved some of the character interaction (the dialogue about their first thoughts about Kuja!) and the part where they realize what Cosmos is up to was really thrilling and creepy, but other parts lack IMO. Also, I read in your profile that you say you tend to focus less on describing battles etc. and I can understand that, but it feels really strange and unbalanced when there are so many thoughts, so much of the story spent on details and then there's practically just one sentence where a battle is suddenly lost or won and someone is suddenly dead etc. xD
spiritualized chapter 4 . 3/26/2011
Wow, I'm loving this one so far! I've never really found any good FF9 fanfics, they seem to be quite scarce. And since I'm playing Dissidia right now (with 012 arriving in a few days x3) I thought I'd try my luck here... and found this gem *_*

I love the way you write them both. And I think it's so ironic that Kuja thinks envy is the only sin he doesn't have! He's one of my favorites in Dissidia and definitely my favorite villain, so I'm glad someone elaborated on him.

It's pretty late here so I'm a bit too tired to write much, but I will leave more detailed comments as I go! x3
Hana13 chapter 62 . 3/26/2011

I love Kuja 3, he's different and sweeter than most villians in the Final Fntasy series, like Sir Jecht and Golbez! - I love reading stories when he's getting along with Zidane! -

Have you heard of Dissidia 012? It's the prequel to the game! It was release in the U.S. a few weeks ago!

It's really cool, and Kuja was very nice to Zidane, but only for a short while until the villains butt in! X(
I.L.A chapter 62 . 8/10/2010
Reading this story all in one go is probably not the best of ideas.

Or perhaps it's a really good idea. I'm not certain.

Either way, for someone who has been in that not-good mental state that you so aptly described throughout the story, this really, really hit home.

I did cry, and that's a difficult thing to cause. Cecil's hopeless little "I'm ashamed..." moment near the end there was what really did it, I think. I'm very much obsessed with him and Golbez right now, and you made me love both of them even more. You made me love most of the characters a little more, in fact, even Kefka, though he died pretty early on. Everyone except the Emperor, probably, though I am feeling a touch of pity for him right now.

Emotional touch aside...

I caught that Riku was Riku shortly after he was introduced, but I had no clue what was going on when Nuage first showed up until I stopped reading to get a drink. "Waterfowl" and "canine" advisors to the king didn't sink in right away. XD Then I facepalmed. Yay, Traverse Town neon lights. Boo, Emperor. I will admit that I was a little disappointed at how there was nothing done with the similarities between Riku and Cecil, with their balance between darkness and light... but the focus was on Kuja and Zidane, after all. The sheer depth you managed to get into every single character was just... stunning.

I never did play FFIX. Now when I do, my perception of it will be entirely warped by all of this, for better or worse. XD

And I very nearly threw a fit when my internet connection stopped working just as I finished chapter 61. But it was three in the morning, and... Yeah. I'm not the only one who lives in this house, and dad is terrifying when he's freshly-woken and in a bad mood. But, two restarts of my computer, a modem reset, and several retries of the connection, and here I am to post a review, which I usually - my apologies to everyone else - don't.

In short: bravo, that was downright gorgeous.

Keep writing. 3
yamina-chan chapter 62 . 8/3/2010
Oh dear...

I feel exhausted now. Not because of the length of this story (even though it surely is one of the longest FanFictions I've ever seen) but because of the story itself.

It's not really a bad thing, just...well...Actually, I don't really know what I want to say. Something that hasn't happend to me in quite a while.

This story was filled with hope and dispair, joy and pain, turns and trwists...and questions. Many of them still unanswered.

It doesn't really have a "happy" ending, but at the same time it's not a "bad" one either.

I feel exhausted ever since the first half of this story ended some houres ago (you know, the moment I came across that part of the story)

You were able to through many surprises at the one who reads and not all of them were plesant.

Just take Cosmos for example. -I'm talking about the Cosmos the Warriors met first. I still can't get over the fact what she is - or was - in this alternative version of Dissidia. I suspectded something was off the first time she 'showed up' but when I got to know what it was...

Something else I really didn't expect to see happening was what happened to Tidus.

There were more incidents but I think these two are good examples.

The Fact that 'this' Cloud was the same as in 'Dissonant' was also something verry interesting.

I kinda feel burned out now, seeing as this story was continually throwing me from one emotion into the next all the time. Between all the "No, that can't be!" "Ha! That was perfect! XD Great line, great line!" "Oh Shit!" "I hate you, [insert name here]! How dare you...?" "Aww...I want to hug you now " "AH! I got it! Now I finally undersdtand!" and "What? What the hell is going ON here?" I was pretty much so absorbed to the story and the characters that rarely left my place in front of the screen. (I was so angry when I finally decided late last night that I had to go to sleep now, even tough this story was so interesting).

...Allright, what I am actually trying to say is this:

You wrote a great story here, one that will be remembered, one that shows how much work got into it. One that pulls the thought of 'This is what I want to archive with a story I tell. This intensity and ability to awake so many emotions and hold them up for a long, long time' back in the front of a writers mind liky mine.

I can not say that I love this story, because that's not what I feel. At least not in the way that I'd use the word love when it comes to a story. It's not a story that - happy or sad - you want to take in and hold with you, that you can truly agree with and that you'd cry tears over and yell "exactly!" over and over in your mind. That's not what this is.

It's the kind of love that slams you with brutal force. The one, that makes you think, that makes you nod in agreement, makes you laugh in joy while at the same time strinking fear into your heart and shake your head no and trying to convince your self all that this is diffrent and not like it truely is.

It's the kind of story that you're continually talking to (be it in thoughts or with loud voice) as if what you say would change things.

It's not a peacefull love, it's in the form of respect and awe. A 'distant' love, if you want to put it that way.

...For someone who said that I don't really know what I want to say I sure write a lot, and yet...I don't really say anything.

Fact is: this is one of the most impressive storys I've seen.

Endo of Story