Reviews for What I Really Meant To Say
sfbxfcb chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Wonderful!
Jaiaelle chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Poor Zoey..sort of. I have difficulty feeling bad for her but I try... I'm a Chola fan, so I was overjoyed to discover that they were married in your story! Yay! But it does suck for Zoey because she can never truly be herself with them, because she's still in love with Chase. I can't help but wonder why Chase and Zoey broke up and how Chase and Lola ended up together.
bballgirl373 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
aw thats so sweet/sad! good job! :)
Mirajane Scarlet chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
That is so sad! I don't think Lola and Chase are a good couple at all, he should totally be with Zoey! And I like Zoey's reaction to the whole thing.

This was a good fic. :)

-Princess-
Li'l Milk Glass Chicky chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Ah, I was actually drawn in at first because of the title of this fic, because I too know and love that beautiful song (and the rest of Cyndi Thomson's music), and then I saw that it was a Zoey/Chase/Lola fic... )

The first part of this, Zoey saying not to shop for groceries when you're hungry, I just had to laugh at that (even though it's not the point of the story I just couldn't help but point out how true it was, lol!). But oh dear, what it ended up leading to! I can feel Zoey's mortification, and heartbreak, not only did she run into Chase, but also a pregnant Lola, Chase's wife (although I also thought it was funny that Lola had a craving for horseradish and ice cream, and when she had rounded the corner calling out to Chase that she found the horseradish, I can so hear her saying that now). And the whole time Zoey is standing there just sick inside, she's trying to put on a brace face and be happy for Chase and Lola.

Then only when Zoey's in her own car, does she then think of what she wanted to say to Chase, and how different she wished everything was and how wrong she was (wow, I wonder what went down between the two?). Yet she couldn't do that because of the circumstances. But that still didn't change the fact that she was still in-love with him.

Ah, this was a nice fic to get me back to appreciate Zoey more than I have been (unfortunately, the way she acted particularly in the majority of the fourth season just about killed any liking I had for her character). But I sympathize with Zoey very much here. Usually something like this would be in Lola's point-of-view, so it's good reading something like this about Zoey, it seems to keep her character ... grounded, I guess? Well, anyway, I root for Team Choey and Team Chola (sometimes one more than the other, depends on how I feel), and good for you that you're starting to accept the idea of Chola a little bit, they're alot of fun to read (and write about, I'm trying to write some pieces of my own) and can be quite lovely. ;-D

Excellent writing!