Reviews for Into The Forest
Alondra chapter 23 . 4/5
Let tell you this, is 2018 and you still make people happy with your story
dnil chapter 1 . 3/3/2017
In the past I read the 3 stories but not at the same time. Yesterday I did and all I can say is that I sure wish I could wake up and see Uncas looking out my window. WOW!
Angela chapter 23 . 9/24/2016
I love love love your writing. I've read this story previously and may have posted as such. I suppose praise repeated is still welcomed :)
BlueSaffire chapter 23 . 5/28/2016
I know it has been several years since you wrote this, but I wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying your writing. I am reading your trilogy for the second time (and will probably read again in the future!) and marveling at how perfectly you captured the characters and their voices, especially Uncas and Alice, who both had so few lines and scenes in the movie but conveyed so much with their silence and their eyes. Thank you for beautiful stories and for sharing your wonderful talent!
BlueSaffire chapter 6 . 5/26/2016
The dynamic between brothers is excellent-very believable and in character! This is my second time reading your wonderful trilogy and though it's been several years since you wrote it, I wanted to express my gratitude for your wonderful writing!
princess-j3ss chapter 22 . 1/6/2016
Man, I am honestly so blown away I don't even know where to begin.
I read this story (or at least pieces of it, I'm not sure that I ever finished it and I don't know why because I couldn't stop reading this go around) years ago, when you first published it, and fell in love. And now, reading it again all these years later, I'm still incredibly blown away. I'm just older and I feel like I can appreciate it a lot more hahaha.
Your! Writing! Is so beautiful oh my god the way that you weave sentences together blows me away. And the characterization was so perfect and wonderful and the way it was written I honestly felt like I was there.
I don't know if you'll even see this so many years after the fact, but I had to leave you a note to say how much this story meant to me when I was younger, and still means to me now. (And if you do happen to see this, expect more reviews because I will be reading the sequels.)
GWTN chapter 9 . 8/3/2015
Chapter 9 "America was undeniably a beautiful country. No wonder she was in the middle of a three-way war."

I was curious and did some research about the war. here is what I found:

"The French and Indian War (1754–1763) was the North American theater of the worldwide Seven Years' War. The war was fought between the colonies of British America and New France, with both sides supported by military units from their parent countries of Great Britain and France, as well as Native American allies...At the start of the war, the French North American colonies had a population of roughly 60,000 European settlers, compared to 2 million in the British North American colonies. The outnumbered French particularly depended on the Indians..."

We know from the movie that Uncas and Nathaniel and their father were not on the French side, and they didn't want to join the British either, although they ended up taking care of the daughters of a British officer. Also in the movie Uncas and his father were supposed to be the last of Mohicans (the real Mohicans already moved to Massachusetts after 1680.) and they stayed with their relative the Delaware Indians sometimes. So I looked about the Delawares too:

"The Lenape (/ləˈnɑːpi/) are a Native American tribe and First Nations band government. They are also called Delaware Indians...Most Lenape were pushed out of their homeland by expanding European colonies during the 18th century after losses from intertribal conflicts. Lenape communities were weakened by newly introduced diseases, mainly smallpox, and violence by Europeans. Iroquois people occasionally fought the Lenape. Surviving Lenape moved west into the upper Ohio River basin. The American Revolutionary War and United States' independence pushed them further west... In the 21st century, most Lenape now reside in the US state of Oklahoma, with some communities living also in Wisconsin, Ontario (Canada) and in their traditional homelands."

"During the French and Indian War, the Lenape initially sided with the French, as they hoped to prevent further British colonial encroachment in their territory. But, such leaders as Teedyuscung in the east and Tamaqua in the vicinity of modern Pittsburgh shifted to building alliances with the English...The Treaty of Easton, signed in 1758 between the Lenape and the Anglo-American colonists, required the Lenape to move westward, out of present-day New York and New Jersey and into Pennsylvania, then Ohio and beyond...Many Lenape joined in Pontiac's War, and were numerous among those Native Americans who besieged Pittsburgh..."

"The Lenape were the first Indian tribe to enter into a treaty with the new United States government, with the Treaty of Fort Pitt signed in 1778 during the American Revolutionary War. By then living mostly in the Ohio Country, the Lenape supplied the Continental Army with warriors and scouts in exchange for food supplies and security..."

While reading all of these information, I can't help thinking "Oh man! how are Uncas and Alice to survive all these turmoil? Where would they end up at? " (chuckle) I know it is all the work of art, but the story of Uncas and Alice is so powerful I feel as if they are real characters.
GWTN chapter 22 . 7/28/2015
Just want to say more thank-yous for your fantastic stories, I enjoyed reading tremendously. I admire your skilled writing and the effort you put in research. Although I always have had a huge crush for the character Uncas (I love the actor who played him too), I found a lot of other fan fictions portrayed him unrealistically, too idealized. Your Uncas is still the handsome, loveable, nearly perfect dream guy, but somehow you made him seem a believable character. I'm happy to see Alice decided to stay with him, but I have to say I' m not so found of her. Maybe because I like Uncas and think he deserves better. Although the character Alice in the movie was not developed much, I'd like to think she was really a strong girl in the core or she would become one after all the hardship and as she ages. I know very little about Jodhi May who played Alice, but I think she is a great actress and person, I like her. I'd like to think Alice is more like her.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 23 . 12/11/2014
I absolutely LOVED this story. Your understanding of the characters and their personal journey's was so well thought out and while it's clear that there are many more obstacles standing in Alice and Uncas's way, I do believe that eventually, they'll find their way. I look forward to reading your sequel in the hope that this is indeed true.

You're a gifted writer and I enjoyed every moment.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 11 . 12/11/2014
This is so good. I love how Alice is blossoming, slowly, but steadily. I love how Uncas is so patient and kind and quietly reassuring. The dynamic you've created is really wonderful.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 9 . 12/11/2014
I mentioned earlier that I was never really that interested in Cora and Nathaniel, but I think that's because their story was the focus of the film. Because you're not sticking to the canon version that I know of, but rather heading off in your own direction, I'm watching them get to know one another. Much to my surprise, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 4 . 12/11/2014
In the context of the film, Nathaniel and Cora were probably the two people I was least interested in. This is possibly because they were the leads and their story took center stage. I have this tendency to take a greater interest in supporting characters than I do the mains.

The point I'm making in a rather long-winded way, is that I thought I wouldn't be very interested to get inside Cora's mind. But I find myself lapping it all up. You really write very well and I'm enjoying your story thus far.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 2 . 12/11/2014
Oh, what a treat! Because the film isn't focused on Uncas or his thoughts since he's a secondary character, it's a delight to actually get inside his head. And obviously we don't know much about him, but what you've written seems so plausible it's now become my reality.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I don't know why, but I've recently started reading "Last of the Mohicans" fics and this is only the second one I've managed to read the entire first chapter of. I adore the movie, Uncas and Alice being the two most intriguing characters and unfortunately the two we know the least about. They're also the two who wind up dead. Pity.

This is an excellent start; rich and evocative, I can picture the world you're creating in my minds eye. I love that it's also so in character. Alice was young, shy, vulnerable and naive. You capture her fear and uncertainty so wonderfully. I'm really intrigued to know where your story will lead and look forward to reading more.
Guest chapter 23 . 10/5/2014
Thank you again for writing this. I truly enjoyed every bit of it. I enjoy the way you write and how detailed each part is. You have done an amazing job.