Reviews for A Mother In Law's Love
ArcaneMaverick chapter 7 . 11/13/2013
Not an actual review, but I couldn't read your replies to me because you blocked me from PMing you. So I have no idea what you tried to tell me. I wonder if they were worth anything more than a tongue lashing anyway. I laugh at your behavior. What a sad display.

ArcaneMaverick chapter 4 . 10/22/2013
This is just awful.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 3 . 10/21/2013
The goblin scene was alright, but everything else isn't that funny or entirely too convenient like why Harry isn't rich. All your fics seemed to be based around convenience, like there was no forethought.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
You are absolute pants at fight scenes. Humour is rather weak as well. I also have no clue why the Weasley's are acting rather foolish concerning Harry. Nice twist at the end and I like this Harry's attitude so far despite being attracted to Ginny. It is baffling how he has not realized who he is really bonded too. Makes him seem rather dull honestly.
Once Upon a Faerytale chapter 7 . 10/6/2013
Oh, this was /definitely/ a hilariously irreverent romp.
It was so outrageously inappropriate, but I was giggling and guffawing the whole way through. :'D
bearblue chapter 7 . 9/24/2013
That was just nuts and totally funny. Thank you for sharing this!
MariSkep chapter 7 . 9/6/2013
For a crack fic this was surprisingly thought out and emotional at times.

I really enjoyed the read. Thank you.
MariSkep chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
"I swear, if I ever get my hands on Fate, I'm drowning her in the bathtub."

I would gladly help, Friend Potter
Random number generator chapter 7 . 6/17/2013
Starts well, method used to eliminate Voldemort was interesting, hilarious and made sense.

But later all attempt at comedy IMHO completely failed, probably because "naked people are funny" class of humor is not working for me.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 7 . 11/28/2012
funny
Magus1108 chapter 7 . 11/21/2012
This was rather...interesting. It got rather weird and squicky toward the end, in regards to Molly Weasley, but otherwise this was a hilarious read!
susannahblack19 chapter 7 . 6/11/2012
love the ending! especially the "Dad I'm Ginny Tonight!"

Hilarious I just started laughing and choked on the watermelon that I was eating!
X-elemental chapter 7 . 4/2/2012
Well, this was quite a piece...

Ch7:

Drat. I really, really should have seen the bad press coming.

And seems like I'm not the only one that doesn't understand what there's to forgive. However, what happened to LUNA!

And oh Harry, managing to woo even Kreacher with dinner date.

The Ch1 scene suddenly makes so much more sense, but...Having your surrogate mom/mother-in-law and your former lover jerk you off, while inside your head?

Well, Arthur was gotten through love potions. And it is more normal than masturbating with your sworn enemy, for relative values of normal.

Fighting is well done, however, though a bit cheesy. The usage of pool was truly brilliant. And I also don't see why would Tommies suddenly call Harry big guy nor why would any of their evil be erased. Given that it's from Harry's POV, I'm gonna call unreliable narrator :p.

And nukes aren't that small, too...km-wide crater is more on the scale of conventional explosives. But it would cause uproar nevertheless D. But again, what's it with surviving explosions point-blank? They're breaking the sound barrier lot of times, and he can whisper?

Still, Tom's got one of the better deals at immortality - at least he's never very bored.

CH6: I'm ...reminded...that jokes aside, there's a reason why girls give bjs.

Tom ain't exactly wrong here with his interests. After all, if it was done to Tommi it could happen to him too, right? Bye, bye, Voldemort would that be. By an underage witch too. Guess there's something to this 'do not insert into living beings'.

And Colin, bless his kinky soul, has his way with words of hurt. "Don't tell your gf constantly and at every opportunity that you're imaging his ex when you're banging her" seems to have missed his ears. Or maybe he hopes that Ginny wouldn't care. After all, women are incomprehensible.

Oh yeah, kind of predictable too. Hormones, please, but learn from mistakes perhaps?

I, spy, with my little i, a touhou shoutout.

The fight...was okay. Fiendfyre being compared to Patronus is nice and makes sense, but it came across as more...story than anything speedy. Maybe try present tense more?

Oh, and Harry merging with Tom seems to be last step on his long line down the slope...

Destroyed the world/risked it

Merged with/let free dangerous dark lord

Cheated on his love

Utterly selfish, expecting everyone to spin around him and love him(Almost completely right, though). Love's nowhere near equal, even if Ginny hardly was that last time either.

Yeah, given the amount of mental lowering he has to do, Ginny is only better than Gabrielle due being less horny and sharing a soul-bond. Still, not only is he older but he is more likely to grow bored as well given that he lived so long together with here before, and now...

As expected from DLP writer. This borders dangerously close to Boring Invincible Hero, though, which the earlier fic avoided.

Ch5:

The kitchen scene...was okay, though both outcomes were clearly visible. And stretching the suspension of disbelief. Though reading this fic altogether, it makes one kinda wonder what the Weasleys get up to at their house. Given the previous/later stuff, I was be kinda expecting Arthur going down on Ginny in Molly's body in ch7. Again, the wizarding society, at some times seems kind of barmy. But with their mind arts/polyjuice and magic's general power in helping life it is a surprise they're so well-adjusted(though what would happen if one would poly a vampire, I wonder...)

Ron and Hermy, well, they're pissed off for a reason, but hey, at least Harry brought something good back so overall it is better, right?

And Harry being any good, given Ch7, is rather doubtful now on the recheck:p. In hindsight, probably he was quite bad.

The difference between magic artifacts, and single-spell-masteryy craft is rather jarring here as it was in rowling's books. A potion would have worked better tbh, and having no mention how one would learn Gaelic so shortly is a bit hand-waving away devices of great power as well - why, if everyone can learn all languages is there still multiple wizarding countries with their own?

However, problems happening seemed okay, but given how they're only setbacks it seems okay - to Harry. The most important seems to be lack of change with other people - after all, later on doesn't get enough mention about lack of Molly, too. There was so great a fuss before with burning the food, so what happens with Molly completely missing?

Not to mention the spinning of Molly's attitude towards Ginny/Harry and them doing it in general(although, given the reception in JK's books one can only conclude that Molly is overreacting).

Ch4:

Veela, Veela, staple of genre that are Veela. While I'm unsure about Bill/Fleur pairing, given Bill's lack of appearances, it is at least better than Harry/Fleur, from base, is.

Tom retracting into corner of Harry's mind didn't seem to be followed up on. Sure there was the problem in the ministry and later with Fawkes...WAAIT A MINUTE HERE. Tom swore on his magic that he wouldn't try to take over Harry's body, yet he tries it in Ch7. Or would it be Tommi taking over Harry's body? Given the torture it seems rather unlikely, as he could be...punished in retrospect for that.

Harry wanting to kill Creevey with Dark Mark - another note on the fall to darkness:p.

I also need to check back if Harry was affected by Veela in book 4, but it is truly minor detail I suppose.

The thing with the Delacours...With the way the fic was going, I'm rather surprised they didn't try to set him up with Gabrielle. Of course, jealously, seen later, may be a bit huge with Veela, but still, unexpected. On the other hand, Apolliene was present when she jumped Harry(which, for one, was done most excellently. At first I thought -Fred & George - but they don't have invisibility cloak? - unless Harry has hyper-fast eyetracking - *snicker* how exactly do you let down horny Veela jumping you in the middle of crowd of people without getting hurt - ohwait this gets alotmoreintimatethanexpected - wait, is taking reducto to it deconstructing or enforcing? - Voiced stunning, sloppy, but surprise is done oh so well - Hm, Hermy's reaction is surprisingly ...tame...given that Gabrielle started crying). Tom could be more involved and off-the wall here, thee are more possibilities than insult and help).

The story itself is fridge horror, though, given that if that happened to me - and I'm reminded later that Gabrielle is, after all, a Veela - half-incubus half-firebird - with dexterity that I certainly couldn't pass, and no public decency. Certainly have rejected a girl over not understanding that...And oh...fuck, she wouldn't stop. No way in hell. And her allure/age would render me pretty much helpless from others as well. And after the event...*whimpers* The age line was very amusing though. Though I'm unsure, why would he be accused of having his wicked ways with one's little sister at the time.

Ron's outburst...Is well, reasoned. Colin's...Pitiful. But at least they're not boring n.n;

In retrospect, you should foreshadow Gabby sensing Harry through the bond better, as there certainly was a wasted chance(and, darn, offering critique is -difficult- without nitpicking on personal preference/falling into useless blabber).

Vising Veela bar from memories...Sorry, but seems too cliche - plus with their pedigree I doubt they couldn't rise higher fast.

I must finish this through reviewing here as I've ran out of battery, but some notes:

The start, actually, was well-put if a bit confusing. Draws one in.

Lupin mentioned for what he is is nice, but him being painted even more of a bastard than he already is is unnecessary. The man mopes around enough by himself.

The 3rd chapter interview was very well written. Avoided cliches, too:D.

Getting Voldie out of the way quickly-apparently - fit the genre well. There's enough that drag it out.

Order following Harry due Phoenix seems less likely - quite OOC in fact- than just leaving it.

Overall, very good humuor fic, there aren't much to more with it either. Good author .
ironhair chapter 4 . 12/31/2011
An age line! Brilliant :p

silent warming charms on the coins. hahaha.
ironhair chapter 3 . 12/31/2011
give the sucker some sorta break !
180 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »