Reviews for A Mother In Law's Love
ironhair chapter 3 . 12/31/2011
give the sucker some sorta break !
ironhair chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
wtf... molly? HOW ?
ironhair chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
lol... the tease !
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 7 . 10/27/2011
I'm not sure why I don't like this very much, but it kinda seems flat to me. I guess once I understood the premise that most of the humor became predictable.

I was hoping that you'd have at least an omake where Harry offs Molly (or tries to) instead of tolerating a soul bond with her. That would be a truly different take on the soul bond: how to plan the murder of someone you're soul bonded to without them finding out.

Another unique take on the soul bond: soul bond between Harry and Luna. Just how much sanity would Harry have left after being connected to that mind? Yes, she has it organized for her very unique way of thinking, but for anyone else it would be a very strange labyrinth.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Kreacher was told not to poison the breakfast, but he should also have been told to not ruin it with elf snot.

Molly and the spoiled scones joke fell flat for me. I guess I can't believe that in all the many years she's been cooking that she's never had a cooking disaster before. (Especially with the confusion and mayhem that normally takes place in that household.) And it's not like the whole breakfast was ruined.

Tommi the horcrux is a new one. Maybe Harry and Ginny could take a trip together to Kings Cross Station and leave a pair of bawling twins behind.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 4 . 10/27/2011
What a deliciously evil nickname for Ginny: Miss Bat Snot.

Good use for the age line.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 2 . 10/27/2011
Who knew phoenix pharts could be so phunny?
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I don't get a coherent picture from the first section of this chapter. The nude "goddess" before him has red hair like Ginny, and this would seem to be confirmed by Molly, but she is described as having a grip on her wand 50 years out of fashion and her breasts are apparently visible, yet Molly says "Harry, dear, please stop staring at my daughter's bum." Which side is he looking at? And "One of my companions wails loudly and I search out our Bond to share her feelings of loss" is also problematic because the companion is not otherwise identified and doesn't seem to be Ginny or Molly since it is a vague reference and both of them have already been identified in the scene. If either Ginny or Molly were the referent, he should be able to visually notice who was wailing. We aren't told anything further to identify the cause or perpetrator of the wail.

Ginny is apparently "the creature before me" but we have no idea why she has just committed an incendiary act (without upsetting Molly, who is easily set off by such actions normally), and her dialog is a total non sequitur; as is his asking "Are you alone in there?"; where is "in there?"; is he watching her naked in the bathroom? Why is she naked?

Ginny is identified as having a soul bond with Harry, but with the problematic previous "companions" statement we are still unsure if that is a sole soul bond or if there are others. We suddenly learn of an usurper that Ginny wants defeated, but again he/she is not identified.

Harry is then called upon to subdue a female malevolent spirit, not otherwise identified. Is this a real spirit? Apparently not because it fires an AK at Harry, and in Potterverse ghosts no longer have magic. Is this female malevolent spirit somehow possessing Ginny's body? It would seem to be the most 'reasonable' interpretation, but again Molly appears to be totally unconcerned by this.

The final non sequitur is the reference to a "practical lesson in inertia", which appears to actually refer to sensations he feels in the soul bond with Ginny.

Harry may be distracted by "her brown eyes", but the reader is distracted by all the non sequiturs and unidentifiable referents.
Darth Marrs chapter 7 . 10/6/2011
Awesome beyond words. Hilarious from start to finish.
excelsia chapter 7 . 9/9/2011
had fun reading this story :) though as a humorous story ... the chapters could've been a little smaller.
Guest chapter 7 . 8/19/2011
I just got to say, WOW. I liked the story. I feel like it took me for a wild ride. It started off odd but then you surprised me with the very last chapter where you brought the first paragraphs back to make sense. The language and sexual innuendos kept me entertained. Good Work.
1sunfun chapter 7 . 7/29/2011
Nice story.

flagamuffin chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
Utterly bizarre. But you write a good Fawkes.

How's the sequel to Dagger and Rose going?
Aliyah Arden chapter 7 . 7/26/2011
Highly amusing. Also so very wrong on so many levels.

One thing: With magic being the way that it is I would have assumed that all pure-blood families would have a default clause in their wills stating that they leave everything to themselves should they come back to life after snuffing it. Really, I'm sure they'd hire someone to cover all these eventualities.
Ivar Hugo chapter 7 . 5/13/2011
This is one sick, twisted and depraved little tale you’ve got here… and I loved it. Great job.
181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »