Reviews for Vignettes
BellinhaBlack chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Estou encantada com o que escreveu. Sou brasileira e por isso estou escrevendo em português, perdoe-me por não facilitar a leitura de meu comentário. Sua história é maravilhosa de uma forma geral. Li alguns comentários e faço da maioria as minhas palavras. A maneira como você descreveu o relacionamento de Edward e Carlisle, é tão intenso! Tão bem construído! Você me ganhou principalmente na parte em que Carlisle chegou em casa e encontrou Edward nu, e no final, na parte do "Eu te amo" envergonhado de Edward. Consegui captar cada emoção que você quis passar, mas na medida certa. Consegui enxergar o que realmente estava acontecendo, era como estar ali, vendo exatamente a dor e o sofrimento deles, assim como a alegria, a comoção, a saudade... A mudança de tempo, no final, quando você nos remete para o dia do suicídio, é excepcional como conseguimos acompanhar a mudança, mas de uma forma homogênea, como se ela desse um chame maior a história em si.
Provavelmente lhe dar os Parabéns, é pouco, estou totalmente encantada com sua história. Há muito tempo não leio nada que me transmita tanta emoção, tanta sensibilidade para com os personagens, até agora... Está perfeito...
EdwardsMate4ever chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This was beautifully written, and utterly believable in canon. Loved it!
edwardian1901 chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
A friend, sisterglitch, pointed me to your story, and I'm so grateful!

I must say, you had me at naked Edward on a red velvet couch. And a snarky naked Edward at that. How brilliant!

But the emotions that exhibit in each scene, progressing Carlisle and Edward to greater understanding and exposure, are keen: restless at times and welcome at others. I adore it when Carlisle wonders, "Who was this boy that he could take him so completely by surprise in such an uncomfortable way?"

But the last vignette is my favorite. Carlisle telling Edward that he is not permitted to run away again, and that he loves him more than the others... And Edward's sheepish "I love you" and exit ... Beautiful!

You presented a synopsis of C and E's complex relationship/life together, using unforgettable images and graphic emotion, and yet the result is understated and leaves the reader a lot to imagine. It's quite lovely. Thank you so much for sharing!
sisterglitch chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Just when I think I will never find another good story, I find something like this. Exquisitely and sensitively written. You have achieved a description of that rare state that I see as truly vampiric – pansexuality (male or female, vampire or human). Why should the breeding laws of humans have any bearing on the hearts that do not beat?

I am an Edward/Carlisle slash writer because from the first time I was exposed to Twilight, I saw their relationship as the central one. It just made so much more sense than Edward/Bella or Carlisle/Esme– at least in terms of Carlisle. Like Lestat in Interview with the Vampire, the companion he chose was male. Neither Edward nor Louis had a choice and resented being changed.

In the first vignette, Edward offers himself to Carlisle, albeit sarcastically, in response to what he perceives as desire in Carlisle’s thoughts. Despite his newborn state with its physical stresses of thirst, and emotional strains of resentment & despair, Edward is after all highly intelligent, and his conclusion is logical. He is young and inexperienced, so there may even be an element of curiosity. Well done. Very believable. But what struck me most was that underlying Edward’s belligerent attitude, there is obviously a need for Carlisle’s approval, and it makes one wonder if Carlisle were not so patient and forgiving and self-sacrificing, if Edward would have acted more respectfully.

In any case, these vignettes are absolute jewels. You have no reason to be ashamed of their content, and certainly not the fluid, evocative writing. You have gone to a difficult place and come out shining. Thank you so much!
ann chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
i love this! i thought this would be, well...not as good, but this was great!
mad-marquise chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This is very beautiful. You really highlighted Edward and Carlisle's relationship perfectly. Neither one of them is *completely* open to the other at first, but I really loved Edward's "I love you" at the end. I could almost feel his nervousness and emotion at that part.

All in all, it was very in-character and wonderfully written.
k-shee chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
I have converted to Carlisle/Edward! Thanks for the wonderful read!
OpiumCakes chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I just found this and it's spectacular. Awesome, just awesome.
Camilla10 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I read this story on Twilighted net and found it wonderful. Now I found it again and I'll keep the URL. I read and write only Canon or AU stories and I do love Carlisle too, albeit I never went so far as to imagine that the love he has for Edward is maybe not only that of a father for his son. But surely, if it was different, it would never be expressed in the physical reality. You did a great job with it.
sandraj60 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I AM BLOWN AWAY!. Where has this been hiding? Please can I have more ?
GreenPuma chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Wow, what a great little fic. I love that Edward takes years to forgive Carlisle. Just beautiful :)
thepinktabby chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Wow! that was a wonderfully written piece. I loved how you brought Carlisle to life in a way that Stephanie didn't. The slash undertones fit the characters. Because why would Carlisle pick a male to be his first companion?

I loved the interactions between them when Edward returned the first and the second time. Especially the second time when he realized that he could have truly lose his son. It was a honest reaction of a parent to a child.

Thanks for the fic.
Kamaria Aislynn chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
I absolutely love this! I think you were being overly cautious with the slash warning but that is just me. I'm not that sensitive about it.

Aside from that I thought it progressed well through Carlisle's and Edward's relationship. It seemed to me that the thoughts were genuine and I could actually believe that these characters would have these reactions! I felt the things that Carlisle was feeling!

Great story!
Cleigh chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
I thought this was a GREAT little short story. For me, it seemed like something that could have theoretically happened in canon. I just liked it start to finish...it was also interesting to see how Edward went from despising Carlisle (how can you not love Carlisle? Seriously.) to saying "I love you" at the end. That was sweet.

Great job - you should do more Carlise/Edward. And I don't mind the slash undertones or slash in general. It's all about how it's written. For me, it has to be in character for me to read it and this was believeable. Ha Ha, no one can resist Edward.
You-knew-it chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
not bad, not bad! this was a good story ;)keep it up!